Let me be clear with the fact, this “error code 0x80073712” is a common glitch, and most of the Windows users might have come across it.
I completely understand how annoying this glitch can be, therefore we have suggested some of the common fixes to resolve the error.
Note: Before moving ahead, there are some other common error codes on Windows 10 and we have mentioned the fixes for the same in the below-mentioned posts:
- Here Is How To Fix Error 0x80070643 On Windows 10
- How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x800705b4
- How to fix Error Code 0x80070002 On Windows 10
Let’s move on to the methods to fix error code 0x80073712 on Windows 10. Right? In the end, I will also tell you why this error came up in the first place.
Let’s start with the solutions first!
Solution 1- Execute SFC Scan To Stop Windows Update Error 0x80073712
SFC stands for System File Checker, which means SFC is a utility tool that identifies and repairs the damaged or corrupted windows files. To halt the Windows update error 0x80073712 through SFC, I am going to share the steps below.
- Open a Command Prompt by typing CMD on the Cortana search box.
- Run CMD as an administrator.
- Now enter “Sfc/scannow,” in the CMD box.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
Check whether you are still facing this error after executing this step jump to the solution 2.
Solution 2- DISM Command To Toss Out Error Code 0x80073712
DISM stands for Deployment Image Servicing and Management. This command helps in repairing and offers service to the Windows Image and virtual hard disk. Follow the steps to execute the DISM command.
- Open CMD from the Cortana search box and run it as an administrator.
- Enter the following command in the box, “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth”
- Once the scanning is completed, enter the other command- “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth”
Restart your system and check Windows update error code 0x80073712 is still there or not.
Solution3- Disable Windows Update Caches To Off Error Code 0x80073712
We will disable the Windows Update Caches through the Windows Service Editor. Below are the steps to follow:
- Open Run box by pressing Windows log key and R together.
- Now in the box, enter the following command services.msc.
- Services window will open, where navigate to the Windows Update.
- Right-click on the Windows Update and tap on properties.
- In the properties pop-up, click on Stop > Ok.
After performing this method, try to look Windows update error code 0x80073712 is still there or not.
Solution 4- Delete Windows Update Cache To Halt Windows update error 0x80073712
In the solution 3, we have executed the process to disable Windows updates cache and in this step, we will delete the same.
- Follow the same steps given in Solution 3, to open the Run box.
- Enter the following command, C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and press OK.
- A new window will open where you need to select all the files by using CTRL+ A and then Delete them.
By this method, you will get rid of Windows update error 0x80073712.
You encountered this error Code 0x80073712 On Windows 10 due to missing or corrupted Windows updated files.
It is to be hoped that, the above mentioned effective methods will make your system free from Error Code 0x80073712.
If you or anyone of your friends got the other effectual method to turn out the Windows update error code 0x80073712, let me know in the below comment section.
Our readers are important to us. We supervise all your comments and thoughts, which helps us to grow even more!
I hope you liked this article. Additionally, don’t forget to follow us on social media platforms, and subscribe to our newsletter for more tips and tricks.
Don’t forget to share our work with your surroundings. Keep encouraging us. And, Yes! We are open for conversation!