If you are not cautious while operating your Windows computer, and missed update Windows, chances are, you might encounter Windows update error 0x80070643. Other reasons causing the error could be malware & virus attacks, or corrupt MS source engines.
Note: If this is not the error, that you are facing, I have discussed some of the popular errors that a user might encounter on Windows 10. Some of them are:
The above How To’s will help you get rid of the error codes troubling you! Anyways, let’s head back to our topic now.
Today I am gonna share the best fixes to get rid of Windows update error 0x80070643.
Fix 1- Start with Running SFC Scan To Halt Error 0x80070643
System File Checker or SFC scan is a tool that identifies, and later scans and restores corrupted Windows system files.
To start the SFC Scan on your system follow the below steps.
- Search Command Prompt in the Cortana search box located on the bottom right side of your screen.
- Now run CMD as an administrator.
- Here, enter the SFC/scannow command and hit enter.
Fix 2- Install the Windows 10 Updates Manual To Stop Error 0x80070643
In this fix, we will try to update Windows 10 using the manual way. Below are the steps to proceed with:
- Press Windows and E to get File Explorer.
- There, right-click on This PC, and select Properties as shown in the below image.
- A new window will appear on your screen, where you can check whether your system is running on 64 bit or 32bit.
- After this step, check any window update is pending or not.
- You can check the pending windows updates from the system settings.
- Press the Windows key and I together. There navigate to the option which says Update & Security.
- Now, if any update is pending it will start from KB.
- Copy the codes and paste them here, if the mentioned codes fit perfectly for your system, download them.
- Once the download is completed, install the files.
Here you go, my friend by this method, you can update Windows 10 manually, which might initially help you to get rid of Windows update error 0x80070643.
Fix 3- Restart the Windows Installer Service
If there’s any faulty configuration on your system, then yes! You are likely to experience Error 0x80070643 on your system. Now in this fix, we will restart the Windows installer service through the below steps:
- Press the Windows key and R together to open Run Box.
- Enter the following command services.msc in the box to open Service Window.
- Now understand carefully, in a service window look for the Windows Installer on the right-side pane.
- Now, right-click on it, and tap on properties.
- Make sure the service status is Start, if not tap on Start.
- Now, go back to the previous page, where there will be an option of Restart on the left side pane. Tap Restart.
Note- If you can’t see the option to Restart the service follow the above steps precisely.
Hopefully, the above method will help you to get out of Windows update error 0x80070643. You can also try Windows troubleshooter to fix this error, but I always say that this is the basic fix which we already had performed!
Moreover, if I missed out on any point, or you think any other effective method would work to get rid of the Windows update 0x80070643 drop your comment below.
Definitely! Our readers are important to us. We supervise all your comments and thoughts which helps us to grow even more!
I hope you liked this article. Additionally, don’t forget to follow us on social media platforms, and subscribe to our newsletter for more tips and tricks. Don’t forget to share our work with your surroundings. Keep encouraging us. And, Yes! We are open for conversation! Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.