Lost your farewell or wedding videos? Oh, snap! But why have you started worrying already when we are here to assist you with video recovery software on a Windows computer? Hell, yes! Get your memories back in no time!
Moreover, you can even recover permanently deleted videos with the help of good and ideal software on your PC. How? Let’s explore!
Best Video Recovery Software For Windows 10 (2022 Picks)
1. Advanced File Recovery
Advanced File Recovery, designed and developed by Tweaking Technologies, is a top-notch data recovery tool that runs a comprehensive scan to retrieve lost/deleted/missing videos, photos, documents, audio files, archives, and other file types. The application supports restoring data from your hard drive, USB, memory cards, HDD, SSD, and other external devices. Unlike other data restoration programs mentioned here, Advanced File Recovery supports rescuing files from crashed/formatted & unbootable hard drives.
Why Choose Advanced File Recovery?
- Preview the list of deleted/lost/missing files before recovering them securely.
- The data recovery software supports retrieving images, videos, audio files, docs, archives, application files, etc.
- Supports Emergency Data Recovery to get back files lost due to virus attacks, power failure, OS reinstallation & more.
2. Advanced Disk Recovery
In our list of top 10 video recovery software, Advanced Disk Recover or if you want to call it ADR is perfect to get all the data from not only from the internal hard drive but also external or removable drive and drive partitions. Yes, the file must not have been overwritten by the other data, ADR can work quickly to find and restore it.
Why is Advanced Disk Recovery the best software to recover deleted videos?
- Scanning Options: ADR gives you options for Quick Scan or Deep Scan to choose from. Now Quick Scan can go through the Master file table and find the files with the same filename. Whereas Deep Scan takes care of file signatures to search for deleted files or folders. Now you can preview the file and finally restore it at the location of your choice.
- Intuitive Interface: Its simple and interactive interface explains the steps in such a flow that you do not need any expert assistance for recovering permanently deleted files.
- All-Types Data Recovery: From smallest to largest, various formats or huge folders can all be located and restored back using ADR.
- Save Sessions: We know it’s hard to kill the time when scanning is in process. But what if you want to continue this session tomorrow as the coffee date is calling? Simply, Pause is! Once you resume the search, the session will begin from the same place it left.
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Videos?
This free software to retrieve deleted video files for at least 24 hours can be used with the method mentioned below.
Step 1: Welcome To Undelete
At the welcoming interface, you need to select the area from where you need to recover files. Options like Hard Drive, CD/DVD, Removable and Partitions will be provided.
At the same time, you need to select the Drive followed by the Drive Letter.
Once selected, click on Start Scan Now.
Step 2: Scanning
Here, you need to select the type of scanning you wish to make. As explained above as well, Quick Scan will identify deleted files from Master File Table in a quicker mode.
Whereas Deep Scan runs through each sector and find deleted files based on the signatures. Yes, the procedure is a bit longer, but Advanced Disk Recovery makes sure that you get all your files back safely.
Step 3: Preview & Recover
It is not that you will be getting back all the deleted files right after the scanning has been made. Rather, you get to choose them through the ‘Preview’ section. So, select the files and click on ‘Recover’ accordingly.
FILTER OPTIONS: Notice the tab that mentions ‘Filter Options’ on the left side of the ‘Recover’ tab. This option allows you to have some customization such as file size filter, file health, time filter, date, etc. If you have an idea about the type of file to be recovered, this option is a huge plus.
Step 4: Recovery Process
Once you are able to view the whole process, a final report will appear on the screen mentioning the number of recovered files, total scanned files, total deleted files, remaining files, etc.
At this step, choose ‘Recover More Files’ if you want to or else select ‘Finish’.
3. Photos Recovery
Photos Recovery by Systweak Software is one of the best video recovery software for Windows. It can efficiently recover permanently deleted video files. Additionally, it can also be used to recover images and audio files. This tool is recommended as it gives accurate results and supports multiple file formats. Once you run a deep scan and get the results, check the tree view to find the deleted video files.
Why choose Photos Recovery?
- Recovers video files from internal and external drives.
- Supports a large number of file formats.
- Can also recover deleted images and audio files.
4. Stellar Data Recovery
Recover permanently deleted videos without having any regret of losing with Stellar. Apart from your lost videos, it can also bring other data without much hassle. One can use it for personal as well as professional use, as and when required.
Why Choose Stellar?
- It is capable of restoring lost video files from external devices too like smartphones, USB devices, hard disks, memory cards, etc.
- One can choose a specific file for recovery rather than giving so much time for scanning.
- Quick Scan & Deep Scan is once again here with Stellar as well.
Another video recovery software for Windows comes straight from the house of experts. Interestingly, if you have lost any video file less than 500MB, DiskDrill gives you an absolutely free service.
Why Choose DiskDrill?
- Multiple Scan options, just like Advanced Disk Recovery, comes handy with DiskDrill. Deep scan for finding even the hidden files and Quick Scan to find recently lost files.
- Its in-built features like ‘Recovery Vault’ or ‘Guaranteed Recovery’ helps in preventing any data loss in the future.
- Saves recovery session on pause and allows filtering of the content before finally restoring the lost video files.
Top 5 photo recovery software comes up with PhotoRec which is potential for its powerful video recovery from anywhere, be it computer disk, digital cameras or external hard disk. Moreover, it can recover more than 400 file formats and hence considered one of the best video recovery software on Windows today.
Why Choose PhotoRec?
- Supports multiple platforms other than Windows.
- Specially designed to keep in mind photos and video formats.
7. MiniTool Data Recovery
Even if you lose an entire partition that contained your precious videos, MiniTool is perfect for the recovery of permanently deleted files. Apart from this, mobile and power data recovery is just possible. Its easy interface doesn’t want an expert to aid your process.
Why Choose MiniTool?
- Deeply scans entire partition to generate the recovery report
- It can even scan the missing partition from the drive that might contain your lost video file.
8. Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery works with local and external drives along with the USB, SD card and
Smartphones. This is one of the best video recovery software available as it can recover video files from the disk affected by a system crash, virus, or formatted one. It supports a large variety of file formats to be recovered from different devices.
Why choose Wise Data Recovery?
- Effortlessly scans the selected drive and then produces all the deleted data.
- Recovery is made possible by the two scan modes – Quick and Deep.
- Recovers permanently deleted photos, videos, email, documents.
9. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard –
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is one of the free video recovery software. You will be impressed with its user interface as it makes the recovery process seamlessly easy. Filters for the file type help in looking for only the video files. It supports over 1000 file formats to make the task even so easier.
Why choose EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard?
- Recovers lost video files from the formatted drives.
- Easy navigation and intuitive interface.
- Supports both internal and external storage.
Recoverit by Wondershare is one of the best video recovery software as it turns out to have a dedicated advanced module for it. The tool supports multiple formats for video files and makes recovery a smooth experience with various filters. The deep scan will also help you recover the video fragments and then merge them to produce an original video.
Why choose Recoverit?
- Clean interface which helps a novice user to make it an easy task.
- Allows the internal and external storage devices for data recovery.
- Dedicate Advanced Video Recovery option.
11. Remo Recover
Remo Recover is another of the best video recovery software for Windows which has powerful scanning modes. It can securely recover your deleted videos from a crashed system or corrupted hard drive. Supports popular video file formats to help you recover the permanently deleted video.
Why choose Remo Recover?
- Saves the scan for resuming recovery at a later time.
- Locate video files in the File Type view easily.
- Can recover all types of files along with emails.
12. Recuva –
Recuva By CCleaner is one of the good options for video recovery software. The tools can be oriented to dedicated video file recovery, which makes it a desirable solution. You can select Videos at the beginning of the scan which makes it a much faster way to bring you results. There are multiple filter options to further refine your search.
Why choose Recuva?
- It is quite affordable as compared to other software.
- Preview the files before you make a recovery which saves your time.
- Scan options are multiple and deep scan helps in digging deeper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the best video recovery software?
The best video recovery software will be the one that gives you more options to recover video files. Here we suggest using Advanced Disk Recovery as it gives you all of the best features for a video recovery software in one package. It comes with multiple scan modes, filter options, supports internal and external storage, capable of data recovery in a system crash, formatted disk, and saves scan for later recovery.
Q2. How do I recover permanently deleted videos?
You can recover permanently deleted videos using one of the best video recovery software. We have listed out the best tools which are useful with their advanced features to get back the lost video files.
Q3. How can I recover video data?
Video recovery is not an easy task and it can not be performed manually once you have permanently deleted videos. Your only choice is to recover the deleted videos by using one of the video recovery software.
Q4. Can you recover deleted videos on PC?
Yes, you can recover deleted videos on your PC. All of the above-mentioned tools work on Windows PC. They can help you restore any of the videos which are deleted due to accident or formatted disk.
Wrapping Up The List Of Best Video Recovery Software For Windows PC (2022)
This was all about the best video recovery programs for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 PC that can help users run a thorough scan and retrieve accidentally deleted/corrupted/formatted/missing files. So, what are you waiting for now? If you ask for a recommendation, we recommend you choose Advanced File Recovery to recover permanently deleted videos, audio files, photos, documents & other file types. Besides this, you can consider using MiniTool Data Recovery or PhotoRec to securely get back your lost videos and other files on your Windows computer.