Although Windows 10 comes with a built-in volume mixer, it certainly fails to provide the desired listening experience you always wanted. To adjust the balance between audible frequency components, you need to use a dedicated sound equalizer for Windows 10 PC.
Thankfully, there are various options available in the market to set desired audio frequency and add advanced effects that promise an amazing sound experience. Whether you need to boost the treble or enhance the bass to drastically improve the audio quality, choose any of the Best Sound Equalizer Tool For the Windows 10 System.
How Can I Set The Sound Equalizer In My Windows 10 PC?
Well, the process is quite straightforward, all you have to do is:
STEP 1- Right-click on the Volume icon and choose the Sound option.
STEP 2- From the pop-up window, navigate to the Playback tab & simply right-click on the default speakers. Select Properties from the context menu.
STEP 3- Further you’ll find the Enhancements tab in this section, where you need to check the Equalizer box, below the Pitch Shift option.
STEP 4- Now, choose the desired sound settings and click the OK button!
Unable to add Equalizer in Windows 10? Read this complete guide & improve overall sound performance!
7 Best Audio/ Sound Equalizer For Windows 10 PC (2021)
List of Contents
- How Can I Set The Sound Equalizer In My Windows 10 PC?
- 1. Boom 3D | Price: Starting at $12
- 2. WavePad Audio | Price: Starting from $29.99
- 3. Equalizer APO | Price: Free
- 4. Realtek HD Audio Manager | Price: Free
- 5. Bass Treble Booster | Price: Free
- 6. EQ Audio Equalizer |Price: Free
- 7. EqualizerPro | Price: $29.95
- WeTheGeek’s Recommendation For Best Sound Equalizer For Windows 10 (2021 Choice)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Following is the handpicked list of Top Windows PC Equalizer Tools, you can choose in 2021.
1. Boom 3D | Price: Starting at $12
The only audio enhancement application that lives up to its bold claims is Boom 3D. It comes with an interactive set of features that significantly boosts both the quality and volume of sound through built-in speakers or externals.
HIGHLIGHTS: Boom 3D
- Lots of settings to tinker with – 3D surround, ambiance, fidelity & more.
- Tons of ready-to-configured pre-sets.
- Provides system-wide audio enhancement.
- Built-in music player.
- Tool to improve the audio clarity & adjust every aspect of sound.
- Radio support is icing on the cake.
- Tools for massive sound improvement.
- Endlessly configurable.
- Good UI & UX.
- Boosts both audio quality & volume.
- The built-in music player has limited functionalities.
2. WavePad Audio | Price: Starting from $29.99
WavePad is a top-notch audio editing software designed for both Windows and Mac Operating Systems. It has all the essential functionalities that allow users to record, modify and add effects like amplify, normalize, equalizer, reverb, echo, reverse, etc. Let’s explore more about this audio equalizer for Windows 10.
HIGHLIGHTS: WavePad Audio
- Batch processing features to apply effects.
- Audio restoration tool for noise reduction & click pop removal.
- Tools for editing audios (even after extracting sound from videos).
- Works directly with MixPad Multi-Track Audio Mixer.
- Undo and redo an unlimited number of processes.
- It has virtually every effect and filter to improve sound quality.
- Supports almost all popular music file formats.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Impressive importing & file conversion capabilities.
- Multitrack recording requires a software extension.
3. Equalizer APO | Price: Free
The audio enhancement software for Windows is loaded with several customization options and has numerous filters with 3D sound support. Its UI may seem too plain and simple but its feature set can completely overwhelm a new user. Let’s get to know more about this audio equalizer for Windows 10.
HIGHLIGHTS: Equalizer APO
- Unlimited audio filters.
- Can work on any number of channels.
- Features modular graphical user interface.
- Utilizes minimal resources on PC.
- Suitable tool for Twitch streamers, helpful in adjusting audio at an optimal level.
- Supports VST Plugins & has community support for other popular applications.
- Lightweight solution for balancing audio.
- Lag-free sound enhancement tool.
- Users are free to customize their configuration tabs.
- Doesn’t support ASIO or WASAPI.
4. Realtek HD Audio Manager | Price: Free
Adjusting the audio frequencies was never this easy. Meet Realtek HD Audio Manager, an open-source sound equalizer for Windows 10 & other popular OS versions. More than being a dedicated equalizer, Realtek is primarily a sound card that can be set on your PC using a driver.
HIGHLIGHTS: Realtek HD Audio Manager
- Supports multiple audio channels.
- Supports audio recording.
- Play any kinds of multimedia files & much more.
- It’s a complete driver package, which is compatible with various audio codecs.
- Audio input options, including beam formation, acoustic echo, equalizer & more.
- Helps in significant noise suppression.
- Comes with a Power Management option to ensure long battery life.
- Flexible mining is supported.
- Customize sound effects effortlessly.
- Interface should be updated.
5. Bass Treble Booster | Price: Free
Want to enjoy an incredible music listening experience? Choose Bass Treble Booster, the perfect sound equalizer for Windows 10. It features all the essential tools and utilities required for modifying the audio quality on your system. It can easily modify the output of songs in batches to bring a whole new dimension to your listening experience.
HIGHLIGHTS: Bass Treble Booster
- Provides a wide range of sound frequencies.
- Allows users to boost or reduce energy across frequency ranges from 30 to 19K Hz.
- Number of equalizers presets to enhance music listening pleasure.
- Supports input & modification for multiple music file formats.
- Easily convert music from other audio sources into MP3 & other lossless formats.
- Suitable for use with a wide variety of audio devices.
- Easy to use format & interface.
- Ability to undo any modifications performed.
- More equalizer presets would certainly improve the tool.
6. EQ Audio Equalizer |Price: Free
Our next pick for the best sound equalizer for Windows 10 is EQ Audio Equalizer. It features tons of functionalities to easily adjust the overall sound quality and its volume. No matter which platform you are using for listening to music, this audio enhancement software ensures that you always get the perfect and crisp voice.
HIGHLIGHTS: EQ Audio Equalizer
- Highly flexible chrome equalizer extension.
- Easily adjust sound levels.
- Supports equalization between various music genres.
- Dedicated volume boost to significantly increase the volume from standard sound.
- Comes with pre-sets like a bass booster, vocal booster, high-frequency amplifier, etc.
- Works as an extension & can be easily set on your device.
- Amplification of high frequencies of the sound.
- Great bass booster function.
- Updates needed in interface.
7. EqualizerPro | Price: $29.95
EqualizerPro by Probit is an excellent sound equalization software for Windows 10 and other popular OS versions. It offers a simple and straightforward dashboard to get adapted to. It comes with over 10 band equalizers and more than 20 presets to enhance the quality of all your sound projects.
HIGHLIGHTS: Equalizer Pro
- Preamp volume control.
- Neat interface with On & Off button to easily manage the beginning & ending process.
- Offers a Bass boost effect to enhance the sound quality.
- Plenty of presets available to enhance listening experience without putting in much effort.
- You can create your custom presets to create your masterpiece.
- Straightforward dashboard.
- Offers a free trial.
- Highly compatible with older versions of Windows also.
- In-built player is missing.
WeTheGeek’s Recommendation For Best Sound Equalizer For Windows 10 (2021 Choice)
Undoubtedly, just like any other device component, Audio plays an integral role in the smooth functioning of Windows PC. These were our top picks for enhancing audio quality so that you can make the most out of your listening experience. However, if you ask for the top-notch service among them, we suggest using Boom 3D. The feature-rich audio equalizer for Windows and Mac has all the capabilities needed for professional recording, editing, adjusting, and balancing sound quality. To know more about the tool, you can quickly go through our Boom 3D Review!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Does Windows 10 have an audio equalizer?
No, Windows doesn’t have a dedicated audio equalizer to improve and enhance sound quality. But that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on sound adjustments, you can rely on built-in Windows Mixer, Sound Settings, or Audio options to modify your listening experience.
Q2. What is a Sound Equalizer?
Sound equalizer is nothing but an audio engineering tool that helps individuals to adjust the output of multiple frequencies. This further helps to cut or boost the levels of sound volume.
Q3. How does an audio equalizer work?
Audio equalizers simply manage and adjust the loudness of specific frequencies through filters and configurations. You can adjust knobs visually very easy to get what sounds you like. There are plenty of sound equalizers for Windows 10 available in the market to imitate the setup and start the enhancement process.
Q4. Which is the Best Sound Equalizer for Windows 10?
Boom 3D is the best audio enhancement tool available for both Windows & Mac OS. The feature-rich audio equalizer for Windows and Mac has all the capabilities needed for professional recording, editing, adjusting, and balancing sound quality.