Do you wish to restore old photos? If you have not considered it yet, let us tell you why you should. Photographs, in a way, act as a medium for time traveling in our lives. It takes us back to happy times spent with our friends and family. Earlier, we had hard copies of photographs stored in an album book, but now we have digital spaces. But in both cases, one cannot guarantee that the picture will be preserved for years in the same condition.
Album photos develop scratches, splotches, and dust patches; even the clarity differs yearly. Thus, to cherish your favorite memory forever, you must know how to restore old photos.
9 Best Software to Restore Old Photos
1. Photos Recovery
Photos Recovery is a one-stop solution for retrieving deleted images and AV files from USB, hard drives, memory cards, etc. It can also help restore permanently deleted photos, videos, and audio. If you are looking to recover old photos, Photos Recovery is the software to restore old photos which you might have lost or deleted from your computer.
How does photo recovery work?
The process of recovering old photos with the help of Photos Recovery starts by downloading and installing the software on your device. Then using three easy steps, you can restore old photos.
Step 1- Selection of the Location. Choose the hard disk drive or USB from which you want to retrieve deleted files and select the scan type: Quick Scan or Deep Scan; then start the scanning process.
Step 2- Preview the files. You must preview the scanned media files before you start the recovery process.
Step 3- Recovery of Media Files. Once you preview the scanned media files, select the files that you wish to retrieve and restore. Then, click on the Recover option > Select the location where you want to save the retrieved media files.
There you go! In three simple steps, you’ve restored your favorite photos!
Features of Photos Recovery:
- Offers faster and compatible restoring options.
- Deep scanning in internal and external storage places to find the deleted, corrupted photo.
- Restore permanently deleted photos from your device.
- Recover pictures from Bitlocker storage drive.
Read Detailed Review of Photos Recovery
PhotoGlory is another effective software to restore and enhance old photos. It has a wide range of easy-to-use tools that will help you recover your old images in just a few minutes. PhotoGlory has no specific restrictions when it comes to user experience. It can be used by a beginner and professional photo editor, as the software has a streamlined interface.
Features of PhotoGlory:
- Easy-to-use software with 100+ built-in effects to restore old photos by adding colors to faded, blurry photos.
- Eliminates creases, scratches, tears, stains, and dust marks to recover your old photos.
- It can also work on a negative photo and turn it into a positive photo.
- You can add text labels, captions, and date stamps in different styles and formats.
Click here to download PhotoGlory
3. SoftOrbits Photo Retoucher
SoftOrbits Photo Retoucher is a fantastic software to enhance old photos and restore them to a better version. It gives you complete freedom to manually correct the images and restore them with various tools available in the software. It can be used by beginners as well as a professional.
Features of SoftOrbits Photo Retoucher:
- Intuitive interface with content-based algorithms to identify and repair damages in the photos.
- Easy removal of unwanted elements from the photos.
- Colorize black and white photos with one easy click.
- Eliminates creases, scratches, tears, stains, and dust marks to recover and enhance your old photos.
Click here to download SoftOrbits Photo Retoucher.
4. AKVIS Retoucher
AKVIS Retoucher is a photo restoration software with many tools to retouch old photos automatically. It allows you to eliminate spots and blemishes quickly. With the help of AKVIS Retoucher, you can restructure, re-align or adjust gaps in the torn photos.
Features of AKVIS Retoucher:
- Intelligent cloning features allow for eliminating defects in the photo.
- Excellent tools for photo restoration and increasing image canvas by auto-filling gaps and blanks.
- You can easily extend the borders of images/layouts that can’t be cropped or adjusted per the requirements.
- You can easily remove watermarks, date stamps, and other distracting details.
Click here to download AKVIS Retoucher.
5. PhotoWorks Intelligent Photo Editor
PhotoWorks is a user-friendly photo restoration software with AI featuring tools for quick error identifications and personalized solutions. Photoworks can easily edit and restore old photos with just a few options like a healing brush, a retouch option, and a few editing effects to make the dull and old images look bright and new.
Features of PhotoWorks Intelligent Photo Editor:
- You can restore old photos automatically.
- Excellent AI features tools for enhancing old photos.
- Eliminate defects in photos or textural differences manually with the help of a healing brush tool.
Click here to download PhotoWorks Intelligent Photo Editor.
6. Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Photoshop CC is well-known and one of the most widely used photo editing software. It is used for restoring old photos and professional image editing. Adobe also provides many tutorial lessons on successfully restoring old photos using the software. The only drawback is that it is for professionals, and beginners will have difficulty understanding the software’s functioning without tutorials.
Features of Adobe Photoshop CC:
- Professional photo editing tools to enhance and restore old photos.
- Free plugins and templates.
- Excellent tools for image restoration, color correction, and improving image quality by changing skin tone or background.
Click here to download Adobe Photoshop CC
7. Corel Paintshop Pro
Corel Paintshop Pro is software with a user-friendly interface for beginners and advanced users to restore old photos. The editing tools are equipped with easy one-click functioning that makes the process of editing and restoring old photos easy. You can also achieve optimum accuracy with the help of HDR or Lens Correction tools available on Corel Paintshop Pro software.
Features of Corel Paintshop Pro:
- You have advanced tools for repairing photo discoloration, removing scratches, adjusting backgrounds, etc.
- The interface is customizable according to your requirements.
- The software also supports styluses and tablets.
Click here to download Corel Paintshop Pro.
Luminar is an excellent AI-based photo editing software that will help enhance your old pictures and restore them to a better and newer state. The Haze removal tool and Color temperature filter help you add more depth and color shades to your photo. The Erase and Clone & Stamp tool enables you to eliminate dark spots, creases, or stains on your photos.
Features of Luminar:
- AI-based technologies to edit photos.
- Professional tools to reduce noise, retouch images, adjust tones and colors, and enhance clarity in the old photos.
- Photo restoration tools to eliminate scratches, stains, dirt, tear, etc.
Click here to download Luminar
Fotor is an easy-to-use software with a minimal set of tools that will help you to restore old photos. Though, it has an excellent toolkit for image editing and color correction. It can support all graphic file formats, including the processing of RAW images. Fotor can beautifully balance the white cast, varying light shades, and colors.
Features of Fotor:
- Easy-to-use interface with in-built features for photo restoration.
- Advanced tools for color correction, light, color, shade adjustment, and removal of unwanted objects.
- It also supports many known graphic file formats.
Click here to download Fotor.
Bonus Tip –
Apart from these nine software, there is one more software –Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro; that’ll come in handy for you. Especially in today’s time, where everything is digitally transferred, people are bound to have a lot of media files and documents stacked up on their devices, taking up a lot of their storage space.
Why Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro?
The software application Duplicate Photos Fixer does precisely what its name suggests – it fixes the duplicate photos, helps you identify them, and lets you decide whether to keep them or delete them. The extensive scanning function of Duplicate Photos Fixer scans through all your storage spaces, including Google drive; as it scans, it auto-marks the similar or duplicated photos for easy finding. After the quick one-click scanning, you’ll have data of all the media files that were taking up your storage for no reason!
If you are a person who loves to make memories without having to fear the risk of running out of storage, then Duplicate Photos Fixer is the solution for you!
Click here to download Duplicate Photos Fixer
Photographs capture a moment in a fleeting time, while we all know that time waits for no one, which is why they hold such emotional importance in our lives. And losing that photo is a nightmare! Therefore, knowing about these 9 software to restore old photos will always help you keep your memories closer to you.
We hope the article was helpful for you in finding out about how to recover old photos. We would like to know your views on this post to make it more useful. Your suggestions and comments are welcome in the comment section below. Share the information with your friends and others by sharing the article on social media.
We love to hear from you!
We are on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Let us know of any queries or suggestions. We love to get back to you with a solution. We regularly post tips, tricks, and answers to common technology-related issues.
Related Topics –