Adobe Photoshop is one of the most popular and widely used applications by graphic designers across the globe. Although this application contains almost all the features one could use, few shortcomings have been fulfilled by using additional plugins. The top Photoshop plugins which will help you to enhance your image editing capabilities come in both categories: Paid & Free. This guide will help you to identify and choose the best Photoshop plugins for photographers in 2022.
Best Photoshop Plugins For Photographers
1. Camera Raw
Camera Raw is one of the best free Photoshop plugins that is available on Adobe’s official website. It was designed and developed by Adobe so that the Photoshop users need not use the Lightroom application for simple touch-ups. With this plugin, you can edit RAW images as well as other image formats like JPG and BMP.
- Available on Mac & Windows.
- Developed by Adobe.
- Adjust Shadows, Contrast, Tint, etc in Photoshop itself.
2. Pexels Photoshop Plugin
One of the top Photoshop plugins widely used is the Pexels Photoshop Plugin that allows the users to download and use thousands of stock images for free without even exiting the Photoshop application. This can save your time and improve your work incredibly. All the images available can be used for personal and business use without any restrictions or charge. It is available as a Google Chrome Extension and as a Plugin for Google Slides, Figma, MS Office, WordPress, and Sketch.
- Thousands of free stock photos.
- Photos can be used for commercial purposes.
- It has around 3000 new images added every month.
3. ON1 Effects
Moving on with the list of best Photoshop plugins, we have ON1 Effects which is a professional plugin and supports many filters and options to enhance your photos. This plugin is not for amateurs or people who want to make small changes. It is a paid plugin and a bit expensive too. It can work as a standalone application and can be added as a plugin in Adobe Photoshop.
- It contains a lot of Presets to choose from.
- One-Click options quicken things up.
- Includes Opacity Slider to increase/decrease effects.
4. Luminar 4
Luminar 4 can be considered as one of the best Photoshop plugins for photographers as it allows users to make remarkable changes to their photos. It uses Artificial Intelligence technology to edit and modify your photos which reduces the burden on the users and provides the desired results in minimal time.
- Allows users to support masks and blending modes.
- Precise editing with AI tech.
- Offers Smart Tone and Sky Enhancer Modules.
5. Aurora HDR
Having reached halfway down the list of top Photoshop plugins, we have Skylum Aurora HDR that helps users create HDR images on their computers. It features advanced editing options and can also be used as a standalone application.
- Available for Mac & Windows platforms.
- More than 20 essential tools are included.
- HDR editing includes Polarizing Filter, Dodge & Burn, and Details Enhancer.
6. Infinite Color
The next best Photoshop plugins for photographers is Infinite Color which is true to its name and provides countless color possibilities. It is more of a color grading tool that can adjust random layers and add them to your images.
- The colors created will belong to the user only.
- Infinite color possibilities,
- Easily attached with Photoshop
Our list of top Photoshop plugins cannot be complete with Focus, a Photoshop plugin that offers effects like tilt-shift and motion blur. It is one of the best Photoshop plugins when it comes to price and does not burn a hole in your pocket.
- Can be used as a Plugin and Standalone app.
- Preconfigured Settings include Architecture, Macro Photo, and Nature.
- Provides radial and linear motion blur controls
8. RH Hover Color Picker
If you are looking for a plugin that is one of the top Photoshop plugins and supports a low budget then your search ends with RH Hover Color Picker. It is far better than the color picker tool that comes in Adobe Photoshop. RH Hover Color Picker is a fast, modern, and discrete version of the simple color picker we all know.
- Low on Cost.
- Hides itself when not used.
- Available for both Windows & Mac.
9. Blow up 3
Blow-Up is one of the best Photoshop plugins that supports enlarging images. This is quite evident from its name but it supports all sorts of image resizing tasks. The image can be increased or reduced in size without compromising on quality. There are three main modules which include Stretch, Crop, and Crop & Resize.
- Supports Windows & Mac
- Available as a standalone plugin and as Exposure X4 Bundle.
- Supports huge billboard images with 300.000 pixels per side.
10. Particle Shop
The final one on the list of best Photoshop plugins for photographers is Particle Shop which gives you a huge collection of dynamic brushes. It includes an 11-brush core pack that helps create breathtaking images. The application can be used on simple touchscreens and pressure-sensitive tablets as well.
- Dynamic Speckle brushes
- Powered by Painter technology
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows
Your Choice on Best Photoshop Plugins For Photographers In 2022
That concludes our list of best Photoshop plugins for photographers in 2022, leaving the choice up to you to choose your plugins as per their tasks. It is difficult to compare these plugins among themselves because each one has different functionality. However, our hearts are set on Camera RAW which is one of the best free Photoshop plugins and supports all the basic editing features.