With everything turning digital and the ever-increasing Internet speed, our world has suddenly become smaller in global communication. However, one of the major challenges is the language barrier across different nations. This can be resolved using a translator application that can simply translate the major languages of the globe to your preferred one. While most of these translators work online, meaning they require an internet connection, some can work even if you are not connected to any network. This guide will list six of such offline translation software available for Windows 10 PC.
Here Are 6 Best Offline Translation Software For Windows 10
The below list describes downloading a translator offline for Windows 10 that can be used when you are not connected to the internet.
1. Microsoft Translator App For Windows 10
The first one on this list must be the one that is developed by the makers of your Operating System. Just Kidding, the Microsoft Translator App is truly a fantastic software that supports over 50 languages, with more languages being added frequently. This offline translation software is not a web-based app like Google Translate, which means it needs to be installed in your system first. Other features include:
- Supports 50 Languages.
- Includes Camera Translation, which allows users to point the camera at signs, menu, or any printer paper and translate it with a single tap.
- The Text Translate feature also helps you to chat with someone you use in a foreign language.
- Voice Translation and text to speech feature is inculcated.
- Save your translations and mark them as favorite.
The application is easy to use and functions smoothly without consuming much of your resources. It is unclear why Microsoft did not include this app in their Windows 10 OS or offer it as an update later on. It is available, free-of-cost, on the Microsoft Store.
2. PROMT Master
PROMT is a professional offline translation software used by many business and commercial organizations worldwide. It currently supports up to 16 languages and has a back and forth translation feature between English and other major languages like French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, and Russian. Other features include:
Supports uploading documents of various text formats and translates them quickly.
It offers a 15 days Demo with full functionality and then provides services at a low cost.
It supports Microsoft Suite, and documents prepared using MS Word can be translated with a single click.
3. Babylon 10 Premium Pro
Image Credit: MicrosoftIf you want to download an offline translator for PC that supports more than Microsoft Translator’s 50 languages, you are probably looking for Babylon 10. Once Installed, Babylon automatically recognizes the language and translates it into your preset default language. Other highlights include:
- Babylon 10 embeds with your email app and allows you to specify the language of your recipient. For example, if you write in English to a client in Russia, they would receive the Russian language email.
- Babylon comes with an inbuilt Grammar tool and Spell Checker that helps you draft professional emails.
- This app also includes a dictionary along with correct pronunciation audio clips.
All these features are available in the paid version of Babylon 10.
Also Read: 5 Best Alternatives To Google Translate
4. Just Translate
Image Courtesy: JaladaAnother option to download and translate offline for Windows 10 is Just Translate, which supports 50 languages. It is free to use and features automatic language recognition that can translate almost instantly. Some important features are:
- Works in the background without consuming many resources.
- Inbuilt grammar checker that can correct spelling mistakes as well.
- The translated matter can be saved and exported as a PDF file.
The fact that it is free to use, for now, makes it one of the most popular offline translation software available for Windows 10 PC.
Just Translate, another application is available free of cost and can be downloaded as an offline translator for PC. It supports most of the common languages and has a database of dictionaries stored within its interface. The default language set in the application is Italian but can be changed easily.
- This application does not require to be installed and runs from the executable file.
- It has an intuitive interface and is most convenient to use.
- It is a simple software where you have to type in the words you wish to translate, and the results will be instantly displayed in the panel beside the text box.
The final application that can be downloaded to translate offline for Windows 10 is Virtaal, which is also free to use software. This application uses a unique method of displaying only the current translation and hides everything else. Some of its features are:
- It supports multiple formats within a single interface.
- Uses Translate Toolkit as the base for its app.
- Allows users to enable plugins and inculcate memory suggestions from Google.
Also Read: How To Turn Google Sheets Into Translator
FAQ About Translation Applications
Can I use Google Translate offline?
Google Translate can be used offline after you have downloaded the required language pack.
Is there a default Windows 10 offline translation software?
Although Cortana can translate for you in most languages, it still requires an internet connection for this.
Does Microsoft offer translation tools?
Yes, the Microsoft Translator app can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store for free and works offline.
The Final Word On 6 Best Offline Translation Software For Windows 10
An Offline Translator Software is an important app that most of us require for work and personal use. And there are a few translators that work offline and offer grammar and spell-check services as well. I would opt for Microsoft Translator as it embeds itself quite well with the Office Suite of applications.
Follow us on social media – Facebook and Twitter. For any queries or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section below. We would love to get back to you with a solution. We regularly post tips and tricks, along with answers to common issues related to technology.