Security is one of the important concerns of the ever-evolving world of technology. It is very hard to secure your data, as hackers and cybercriminals use every twisted trick in their mind to get hands-on data and violate our privacy. Sometimes, they use worms, and malware to infect your computer, sometimes they include a malicious link cloaked in an email to make your life troublesome.
We spend a lot of time working or toying with our smartphones. The device is full of apps with a lot of personal information, emails, contacts and pictures. So, using App locks and protecting passwords will not be enough. Protecting Android device from malware and other malicious content, it is important to have an antivirus app.
You can find a lot of apps on the Google Play Store but choosing an app which could be the most effective way to protect your smartphone, seems to be a pesky affair. To spare you from the tedious task, we have listed some of the best Antivirus for Android smartphones.
Best Free Android Antivirus Apps In 2023
1. Systweak Anti-Malware
Systweak Anti-Malware (SAM) is a one-stop solution to protect your Android smartphone or tablet from malware attacks. It comes with routine database updates which will detect and remove the latest threats effectively. Let’s take a look at the features of Systweak Anti-Malware:
- It has real-time protection against attacks and deletes malicious apps.
- It can enlist all the apps which are not pocket-friendly, and it can also allow you to whitelist trusted app.
- It can scan your device and an internal and external card with its quick or deep scan for security vulnerabilities such as malware.
This security app for Android phone can track your location, reading personal information and call detail. Also, the app comes with a user- friendly interface. The app also protects you when a website you open redirects you to malicious content.
2. Avira Antivirus Security
If you’re looking for an app that can keep malware at bay, safeguard your mobile privacy, including anti-theft feature, then Avira Antivirus security is the right choice. This free antivirus for Android mobile comes with free antivirus scanner & malware/spyware cleaner as well. Let’s take a look at the features of Avira Antivirus Security:
- This mobile security app enables you to browse the internet safely and provides remote anti-theft features to locate your lost or stolen devices.
- It scans and blocks viruses, malware, ransomware and spyware
- It also helps you see how apps collect your private data and
This virus removal app for Android is designed to block phishing attacks and removes any malicious content found on your device. It scans all your apps, external devices and updates installed for infection.
3. Norton Security and Antivirus
Norton Security & Antivirus is one of the best free antiviruses for Android mobile as it safeguards your Android devices such as theft, malicious apps, websites to get your credentials and money. You can track your lost and stolen Android using the feature Lost & Stolen phone protection. Let’s check out the features of Norton Security and Anti-virus:
- It helps you scan and delete apps that contain malware, spyware or virus which could slow your device.
- It protects your device while you connect to a public Wi-Fi.
- It enables you to block unwanted, SPAM & junk calls on your smartphone
Norton Security & AntiVirus is virus protection for Android comes with Safe Search which allows to in-app search engine connects to Symantec’s global threat database to point out if a website is safe to be visited.
4. AVG Antivirus
AVG Antivirus protects you from viruses and malware along with safeguarding your data with features such as Wi-Fi Scan, Applock, App Permission Advisor and more. This mobile security & Antivirus app also allows you to kill tasks to boost the performance of your device. Let’s check out the features of AVG Antivirus:
- It allows you to lock your social media and mailing apps with PIN, fingerprint and pattern.
- It has a VPN feature, which allows you to surf the internet anonymously and avoid getting tracked.
- It comes with Wi-Fi Scanner which provides network encryption, checks password strength.
AVG Antivirus scans all apps, files and games and removes any malicious content, if present, making it one of the great choices for virus protection for Android.
5. Avast Mobile Security
Yet another best antivirus for Android smartphones, Avast Mobile Security protects your Android device from malware, spyware and viruses. It will also protect your phone against phishing attacks from emails, malicious websites and more. Let’s take a look at the features of Avast Mobile Security:
- It comes with a VPN which can keep you safe while you browse online without the fear of getting tracked.
- It can keep your device’s last location before the battery dies.
- It also allows you to keep your confidential content safe by locking any app with a pattern, or PIN code.
Avast Antivirus scans for viruses, malware, spyware and therefore provides mobile protection. It also allows you to control the screen time by telling how much time you spent using an app on your device. This virus protection for Android also works as an optimizer and delete junk & unnecessary files from your device to recover space on your Android device.
6. CM Security antivirus
The best free Antivirus for Android Mobile list cannot be complete with CM security as it protects your Android phone along with your privacy. It is an optimizer as well as device protector with Junk Clean, Phone Booster, Antivirus, Battery Saver and more. Let’s take a look at the features of CM security:
- With Safe Connect VPN, it helps you to keep you hidden while browsing so you dodge the trackers. It bypasses the firewall and allows you to access sensitive websites
- It scans Wi-Fi networks for threats and comes with Anti-theft alarm to protect your phone from being stolen.
- It protects your phone from viruses and malware and also keeps the privacy intact with #1 antivirus engine.
When it comes with mobile security & Antivirus app, CM security is an app you can count on. It not only keeps your messages secure by hiding your notifications but also protect your apps with an app lock.
7. Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: App Lock & Web Security
Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus is free antivirus for Android mobile which keeps your phones and tablets protected from potential threats. It acts as a virus removal app for as it blocks malware, viruses, spyware, ransomware and more from your Android. Let’s check out the features of Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: App Lock & Web Security:
- It keeps your confidential information secure while you shop & bank online.
- It blocks malicious content and flags dangerous links & websites whenever you go online.
- It helps you to locate and locks your lost device. Also, you can wipe your device to protect your personal information.
Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus also scans downloaded apps for ransomware, phishing, malware, spyware, and other malicious infection using background check feature to provide you complete virus protection for Android.
8. 360 Security
360 Security is one of the best security apps for Android phone as it is a complete package with smart speed booster, power cleaner, antivirus feature. It can optimize your Android device by removing unwanted files from storage and protect the device from the virus. Let’s take a look at the features of 360 Security:
- It scans all the installed apps, content on the memory card, and new apps to make sure no malicious content exists on your Android.
- It removes system cache, video cache, image cache and more to recover space on your device and boosts RAM for better performance.
- It also blocks undesired/spam calls & text messages. You can blacklist people from your contacts list.
This virus removal app for Android is capable of keeping your device free from vulnerabilities, malware, Trojans and adware and also keeps irritating notifications hidden.
9. Bitdefender Antivirus
One of the best free antiviruses for Android mobile, Bitdefender is a powerful app which comes with in-the-cloud scanning technology to detect viruses. The app is lightweight and doesn’t hog your device. Let’s take a look at the features of Bitdefender Antivirus:
- It scans newly downloaded apps for viruses automatically. It also keeps an eye 24/7 for malicious activities.
- It starts securing your Android right after the installation and can locate, lock or wipe your data from Android device.
- It also scans pages that you are viewing online in real time.
This security app for Android phone comes with a smart on-install scanner that looks out for suspicious activities on all apps. Therefore, all the threats and viruses are blocked before any harm.
10. ESET Mobile Security
ESET Mobile Security is one of the best Antiviruses for Android smartphones as it safeguards your device from ransomware, phishing, malware, adware, and more. The app is simple to use and also includes proactive Anti-Theft and Anti-Phishing features. Let’s take a look at the features of ESET Mobile Security:
- It allows you to secure your apps from unwanted access by using a 2.
- It helps locate your lost or stolen device and protects your precious data.
- It enables you to schedule scans for any day at any time.
If you are not sure whether to grant permissions to an app, then you use ESET Mobile Security’s Security Audit, which will help you decide whether to trust the app or not.
So, these are some of the best free Antivirus for Android mobile. You can install any of these apps to protect your Android mobile from viruses, malware, dangerous links. Not only this, but some of these apps also offer optimization features to boost your Android’s speed and performance.
Confused which app could be suitable for you? Well, don’t be! If you are looking for virus protection for Android and doesn’t want any other features such as app lock, call blockers, then Avast Mobile Security or AVG Antivirus could do the job.
This is our recommendation, but you can choose any of the security apps for Android phone which meet your requirement to ensure your device is safe.