Over time, it is normal to have duplicates videos, images, files and documents on your computer. It can be very annoying as these similar files especially videos take up unnecessary space on the computer. Sorting them manually could take ages.
Fortunately, there are duplicate video remover tools which can find duplicate videos and delete them easily. There are a lot of duplicate video finder tools available in the market. However, to sort out the best that suits you, we have listed some of the tools which can help you to remove duplicate videos and recover invaluable disk space on your computer.
Best Duplicate Video Finders For Windows and Mac
Here is the list of to top 5 tools to find and remove duplicate videos from your Windows and Mac computer-
1. Duplicate Files Fixer (Windows & Mac)
Duplicate Files Fixer scans to search and remove identical and similar media on your computer with ease. This duplicate video remover can quickly provide a preview of details of duplicate videos so that you can check and delete unnecessary videos to retrieve space on your Windows, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Mac.
- Scans all files such as video, audio, photos, documents for duplicates.
- Allows you to sort the content based on video name, file type, size, and more.
- Scan Google Drive and Dropbox on Windows PC.
- Undo button given to instantly restore the deleted files after clicking on Delete Marked.
- Provides an option to either delete the scanned duplicate manually or automatically
So, delete all the bulky videos and retrieve space on your computer with ease. Duplicate File Fixer can also scan external devices to get rid of similar videos.
Steps To Delete Duplicate Videos Using Duplicate Files Fixer
Step 1: Install Duplicate Files Fixer on your computer
Step 2: Add files (videos, photos, doc etc.) and folders which you want to scan.
Step 3: Click the Scan button to start the process
Sep 4: Preview the list of duplicate files on your computer
Step 5: Either Automark or choose the identical files manually.
Step 6: Now confirm that you want to delete selected files.
Note: You can choose a specific file type such as document, picture, video, or audio to get precise results in no time. Go to the Settings>Advanced Scan Settings and under the Search filter, choose Video in the included list, in this case, to be specified. More filters can be used such as file size and date of creation.
2. CCleaner (Windows & Mac)
Note: On using the tool, it is recommended to keep all the options checked, to get precise results while looking for duplicate videos.
- No matter what content (videos, documents, photos or more) you are scanning for duplicates, the duplicate finder searches and gives accurate results.
- It allows you to specify the content by mentioning the video size, file name or modified date of the video.
- It also enables you to add exception while scanning to reduce the time of the search.
CCleaner can also come handy when you want to get rid of unwanted programs, cleans temp files and cache to retrieve space on your computer. It also helps you in removing unused and old registry entries. Moreover, it also deletes your browser search history and cookies so that your identity remains anonymous.
3. Duplicate Video Remover
Duplicate Video Remover can easily scan and detect identical video files from your computer. Once scanned, the user needs to select duplicate videos from the results to delete.
- The user interface of the tool is user-friendly and quickly helps you find and remove duplicate video files.
- It finds duplicate videos of almost all formats such as .mp4, mkv, mov, avi, wmv, 3gp, swf, fla, mpeg, flv, avi, mp2, mpa, mpg, divx, mpe, m1v.
- It searches for same files saved in different folders on your hard disk, saving your time.
Duplicate Video Remover comes with the potential to identify the maximum and minimum size of duplicate files. It also works to find similar video files which takes up a large space on your computer. Removing them could help you retrieve a significant amount of space.
4. Duplicate Video Search
Duplicate Video Search is one of the simplest tools to remove duplicates from your Windows PC. This powerful tool can quickly detect duplicate videos from your computer and recover disk space.
- It gives an option to limit the search to identical copies, as the tool works by reviewing checksums, file sizes, and other measures.
- With Advanced Video Fingerprinting technology, the tool scans and detects multiple copies of a video, irrespective of their format, resolutions, qualities.
- It supports a wide range of formats including MKV, AVI, 3GP, MPEG, WMV, FLV, MP4 and SWF,
Duplicate Video Search displays thumbnailed results list which allows you to go through the list properly before deleting any duplicate videos.
5. VisioForge Video Fingerprinting SDK
VisioForge Video Fingerprinting SDK is a duplicate video remover which scans and find similar or identical videos files on your computer. It comes with support for 720p and 1080p HD videos.
- It supports a lot of formats including MPG, WMV, AVI and MP4.
- It comes with features like sensitivity settings and partial file processing which helps in getting accurate results.
- It comes with decoding engines including FFMPEG, DirectShow, LAV and VLC.
The SDK can detect a video even if it is integrated into another clip, or if only a piece of it is available.
So, this is the list of duplicate video finders which can help you to find duplicate videos and delete them with ease. Use any of these tools and sort your video library by removing duplicates.
Liked the article? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
If you are up for tech updates and hacks to keep your computer organized, then watch this space!