|Over 91% of businesses are leveraging CRM & Database Software to streamline their data to reap maximum benefits. The global market of these tools is forecast to grow to 43.5 Billion U.S. Dollars in size in 2024.|
The need to store and access company’s, prospect’s and customer’s data quickly are crucial for almost all types of businesses, and using the right Database Management Software makes the entire task a hassle-free process.
Database Software are robust programs that let users create structured containers where data can be stored, maintained, accessed, analyzed, linked, edited, or restored manually and automatically. In layman’s words, Database Software helps individuals in storing data in an organized format within web applications.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Database Tools?
Here’s how database management software can help you in your organization.
1. Reduced Data Redundancy
Different versions of the same data can create a lot of confusion when managed through traditional methods. However, using the right Database software, you can certainly help users maintain, edit, and update all kinds of alterations in a single database. All the recent changes, get reflected in the same place instantly. Hence, reduces the chances of duplicate data.
2. Quick Decision Making
With effective database management systems, you get to deal with proper frameworks that facilitate high quality and actionable insights. Hence, helps in making faster decisions, which in turn enhances end-user productivity too.
3. Better Privacy
Using the right Database Software helps you safeguard your company’s, prospect’s and customer’s data in the most confidential manner possible. You can set the authorization levels as per the individual’s need to access and retrieve the data.
4. Consistent & Compliant Data
Maintaining the data consistently helps in meeting compliance and enforcing accountability. Best Database Management Software ensures that individuals can share corresponding data at all points of contact.
Using Database Tools helps in maintaining the data consistently. The database is visible to all users; hence everyone can easily share the data (although depending on the authorization level).
How Do I Choose Database Software?
When you look forward to the Best Database Software for your Business, the following features are must-haves:
1. File Consistency
Admit it or not, having the same response to an individual’s specific query ensures a company’s reliability. Similarly, File Consistency in database software means, same rules & formulas can be applied to the set of data entered into the database.
All your data should remain encrypted and good database software holds the capability to prevent unauthorized access.
3. Dictionary Management
Similar to a regular dictionary, a great Database Software comes with a built-in dictionary that helps users to easily track and manage relatable information.
4. Data Presentation
Having the ability to present data in multiple kinds of formats makes it easier to accommodate new users.
Now that you know the benefits of using Database Management Software, here’s the list of best tools available to manage your data efficiently.
Top 8 Database Software List (2023)
Here’re our top picks for Best Paid & Free Database Tools for this year:
2. Knack | Get Started
Excellent SaaS-based online program that helps users to structure, connect, and extend data with no coding required.
3. MySQL | Get Started
Open-source relational database management software that provides scalability and flexibility. It comes with web & data warehouse strengths.
4. Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) | Get Started
It’s a stable relational Database-as-a-service (DBaaS). A great choice for experienced data scientists, users, and digital-native organizations.
5. Oracle RDBMS | | Get Started
Offers application builder tools that support a wide range of data types such as relational, structured, graph, unstructured & more.
6. Informix by IBM | Get Started
Fast & flexible database software with the capability to seamlessly integrate SQL, NoSQL/JSON, and spatial data.
7. Caspio | Get Started
Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) program that helps developers who want to build custom database management systems for their organizations.
8. SQL Developer | Get Started
Offers tighter integration with multiple database products. It has an intuitive interface and is easy to understand for novice users.
Best Database Software (2023) : Features, Pros & Cons
Let’s check out what all these Database Management Software have to offer:
1. Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is one of the company’s most popular utilities. The database software is designed for companies of all sizes. Using the tool, individuals can easily perform complex analysis on the database.
HIGHLIGHTS: Microsoft SQL Server
- Capable of turning raw data into actionable insights.
- Tools to create several tables and designs.
- Allows you to set up a brand new database server from scratch.
- Offers advanced querying and easy management of distributed databases.
- Capable of handling complex queries.
- Supports integration with other programs.
- Template Explorer to identify numerous names from the database.
- Long query execution often takes longer than expected.
Knack is much more than just a Database analysis tool. The product is used by popular agencies like Intel, HP, Spotify, Harvard University, and more. You can use the Database Software to structure your data and manage them under multiple categories such as email address, name, contact number, and other custom tags.
- Integrated it with different systems.
- Plenty of Database templates.
- Multiple templates for project management.
- Add forms, e-commerce features, calendars, and searches to the portal.
- Customer support through chat, emails, Skype.
- Tons of Collaboration tools.
- Plenty of tools for reporting & analytics.
- Deployment management could be improved.
Here comes an open-source relational database system in the list of Best Paid & Free Database Software for small & large businesses. Since most of the web hosting platforms bundle MySQL, with their basic packages. It is quite popular among both newbies and advanced professional web designers.
- Offers option for better data recovery.
- Supports hassle-free integration with Apache web engine.
- Robust tools that eliminate the complexity in development, deployment & management.
- Supports integration with multiple development tools.
- Easy to learn, use, and manage.
- Excellent response time when consulting data.
- The UI could be updated with time.
4. Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is easy-to-use database software that lets users set up, operate, and scale a database on the cloud. It offers a perfect blend of features to perform administration tasks such as hardware provisioning, patching, and backups.
HIGHLIGHTS: Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Capability to use templates or create codes.
- Automate backups.
- Automatically performs a full daily snapshot of your data & capture transaction logs.
- Supports a variety of database systems including MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL & more.
- Simple & lightweight database software.
- Reduces the operational time taken to set up a database on a cloud machine.
- Easily scalable as per need.
- UI could be updated with time.
5. Oracle RDBMS
It’s a perfect choice for organizations that have an enterprise-level budget. The Database Software hosts multiple features for eliminating manual data management. It is highly optimized for high-performance database workloads.
HIGHLIGHTS: Oracle RDBMS
- Excellent Web-based, cloud, SaaS product.
- Provides services based on user’s requirements.
- Highly compatible with Windows & Linux.
- Attribute clustering & full database clustering.
- Easily migrate to the Cloud.
- Highly optimized Database Software to streamline workloads & Hyperscale big data.
- 24*7 Live & Phone Support.
- A pricing plan might not be feasible for start-ups.
6. Informix by IBM
Informix is built on an SQL engine and equipped with AI algorithms for better flexibility and scalability. The product is known for its industry-leading OLTP (Online Transactional Processing) performance, available at efficient pricing models.
HIGHLIGHTS: Informix by IBM
- Supports real-time analytics.
- Offers cutting-edge data warehouse performance.
- Data compression capability helps in faster & reliable I/O, replication & backup.
- Supports structured & unstructured data through a hybrid database management system.
- Secure, fast & flexible database.
- Offers great scope of customization.
- Industry-leading OLTP performance.
- The pricing policy is a bit complex.
Caspio is the best Database Software known for building online database applications without any coding. It offers a perfect blend of a cloud database, a visual application builder, regulatory compliance & more all equipped in military-grade security.
- Tools for deployment management.
- Drag & drop assembly.
- Supports data aggregation & publishing.
- Business process automation.
- Offers a free trial.
- Multiple programming languages are supported.
- 24*7 Live Support.
- Lack of flexibility.
8. SQL Developer
This is one of the most popular database software, majorly used for creating tables and data sources. It offers a simple interface with easy-to-navigate buttons to simplify the management and development of the Oracle database in the cloud or traditional deployments.
HIGHLIGHTS: SQL Developer
- Tools for database manipulation & SQL editing.
- Ability to export and import external data.
- Provides statistical information from the data dictionary.
- Quick load time of application from start-up.
- Free Database Software.
- No need to install the database software. Just copy the folder on the Operating System.
- Excellent customer support.
- Storage & Resource Manager are not intuitive.
Are you using any of the Database Software from the ones mentioned above? If so, which one will you recommend for both Novice and Advanced users? Comment Below!