Everyone clicks pictures to keep their memories saved forever. However, keeping your private pictures secure is a concern as they can’t be safe on your Photos album. When your handover your iPhone to someone to look at any picture in your Photos app, you have two options: either to delete your private pictures, or to let the vulnerability take its course of them having a look at them as well. Let’s be practical, both of these options don’t work for us. That’s why, you need to get an app to hide photos on iPhone.
In this post, we have discussed some of the best apps to hide photos on iPhone.
How To Hide Photos On iPhone? | Use The Best iPhone Photo Vault Apps (2022)
To keep photos safe on iPhone you have to get an app to do so for assured security. And the risks associated with unlocked pictures in Photos album are high. To solve the issue of how to hide pictures on iPhone, we have listed the best apps below.
1. Keep Photos Secret
|Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later.|
|Price: Free (In-app purchases starting at $6.99)|
|App Size: 36.1 MB|
Keep Photos Secret is one of the best apps to hide photos on iPhone, it is available for iOS 8 and above. This can be used to keep your device photos saved in a lock which is password protected. Once you transfer your photos to the app, it will be deleted from your Photos library, making it safer option as to leave no traces. You can put your photos under different albums to categorize them. Also, It can be easily synced with your computer with iTunes and avail the photos from Keep Photos Secret app. You are given a password recovery option in case you forget code or PIN. It does not use a cloud storage thus making it safe from any kind of cyber-attack. The app can be used to hide photos on iPhone to be accessed just by you which is locked right in your device.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS: Keep Photos Secret
- Comes with a separate lock for each album,
- Has an in-built browser & photo downloader.
- Ability to click snaps, record videos within the app & secure them instantly.
- Allows you to lock pictures with PIN and Facial Recognition locking options.
- Has an in-built media player to watch locked videos within the photo/video vault.
2. HiddenVault Secret Photo Album
|Compatibility: Requires iOS 13.0 or later.|
|Price: Free, (In-app purchases starting with – Weekly $2.99)|
|App Size: 24.8 MB|
If you are looking for an all-in-one solution to keep your images and other multimedia files locked and protected on your iOS device, choose HiddenVault Secret Photo Album. What makes it different from other iPhone Vault Apps is its ability to store and lock an unlimited number of personal pictures, videos, passwords, and apps under one hood. It even allows users to access a built-in private browser within the app and auto-fill passwords saved in the vault.
Once you’ve imported all your confidential files into HiddenVault Secret Photo Album, you can neatly organize them into custom albums and lock them with a PIN or Face ID. As soon as you sign up for the HiddenVault Premium edition, you will have complete access to all the features free of cost for 1 Month. The photo vault app receives constant updates to enhance user experience & now it is available in Spanish as well.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS: HiddenVault Secret Photo Album
- Holds the potential to store unlimited images, videos, passwords, and apps.
- Comes with a built-in web browser & can auto-fill passwords.
- Supports PIN, Face ID, and Touch ID authentication.
- This best app to hide photos is compatible with English & Spanish.
- Doesn’t store, access, or share your data with third parties.
3. Secret Photo Vault- KeepSafe
|Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.1 or later.|
|Price: Free (In-app purchases starting with – Premium $4.99)|
|App Size: 151.3 MB|
Secret Photo Vault – Keepsafe is the most downloaded app to hide photos on iPhone. Being the popular app, it has a lot to offer by putting your photos in your iPhone locked inside the app. It uses the input to unlock as a PIN protection, fingerprint touch ID, password or a pattern. With the app you get to preserve all the personal photos which you rather not wish to have in a public phone library. With the military grade encryption provided by this app, your photos are safe to be transferred here. Moreover, it gives you a cloud storage backup in case you want to access it from other devices. Also, images and videos saved in it are saved in different albums which can be customized with various themes.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS: Secret Photo Vault – KeepSafe
- Supports military-grade encryption with a PIN, Fingerprint & Touch ID lock system.
- Can store copies of driver’s license, ID cards, and credit cards.
- Supports photo backup and the ability to create custom albums.
- Hassle-free full-screen & slideshow viewing experience.
- Integrated camera for capturing photos within the app to hide pictures on iPhone.
4. Private Photo Vault- Pic Safe
|Compatibility: Requires iOS 12.0 or later.|
|Price: Free (In-app purchases starting with – Vault Upgrade $4.99)|
|App Size: 144.7 MB|
Private Photo Vault – Pic Safe is another widely trusted name to hide photos on iPhone. The app uses password, PIN, Pattern lock to safe keep your media files on the app. It captures photos of break-ins in the reports with location to your registered email. Also, lets you set a decoy password which can be used to showcase fake app data in case one asks you to open the app on your phone. Within this app, you can view images on a slideshow or watch the videos. Transferring your photos via email, iTunes or wireless is easy as you do it right from the app and no need to transfer it back to Gallery.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS: Private Photo Vault – Pic Safe
- Supports PIN, Password & Pattern locking system.
- Provides the ability to perform wireless picture transfer.
- Supports iTunes syncing to store & safeguard private photos.
- Browse the web privately within the best app to hide photos on iPhone.
- Ensures hassle-free slideshow experience.
5. Secret Photo Album Vault
|Compatibility: Requires iOS 12.0 or later.|
|Price: Free, (In-app purchases starting with – Premium $0.99)|
|App Size: 86.6 MB|
Secret Photo album Vault hides photos on iPhone with encrypted storage which is protected with PIN or fingerprint or Face lock. You can use the built-in camera to take pictures which are directly saved into the locked app. Also you can shift your photos from Photos app to this app, so they are hidden from others. Cloud storage is available to make access to the hidden photos easy for you. The app is hidden from the recent apps list to keep it a secret. It does support a slideshow to view photos with ease on this user friendly interface.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS: Secret Photo Album Vault
- This best app to hide photos provides unlimited storage.
- Use a built-in camera to take pictures within this photo vault for iPhone.
- Supports PIN, Touch/Face ID lock to encrypt albums.
- View your favorite photos via Slideshow.
- Supports custom color themes & album covers.
6. Picture Vault Lock Photos Safe
|Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later.|
|Price: Free (In-app purchases starting with – Remove Ads $1.99)|
|App Size: 65.2 MB|
Picture Vault Lock Photos Safe helps creating private gallery to hide photos on iPhone. It’s user friendly feature of The app has a secret camera to click and hide your pictures on iPhone. Supports Touch ID and provides unlimited storage. Has a secret camera which automatically will save your pictures in a hidden photo album on iPhone? Easy to hide and shift to the app or unhide pictures to transfer back to iPhone’s Gallery. Allows social sharing via photo album inside the app.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS: Picture Vault Lock Photos Safe
- Easy-to-use & modern interface.
- Comes with a secret camera to take private pictures silently.
- Supports password & Touch ID encryption methods.
- Has an Instagram downloader to save pictures in the app.
- Ability to hide videos in the Vault with album lock.
7. Best Secret folder
|Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later.|
|Price: Free (In-app purchases starting with – Remove Ads $0.99)|
Best Secret Folder is an app which will keep iOS hidden photos inside an album which is kept under wraps and hard to recognize. This app is easy to use as you simply add your media files in it. You can use FaceID, TouchID, Pattern Lock, or Password to lock the app to hide photos on iPhone. If anyone tries to break in, they will be shown fake videos which are a part of the app. You can also put a note on it and let you create unlimited media folders. The best part remains the security where you are sent the details of the intruder along with a captured photo and location over your email. You can also set an alarm to get intruder alerts.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS: Best Secret Folder
- Lock your pictures, videos, and other media in a secure secret folder.
- Activate the alarm & catch nosey people who try to access your secret albums.
- Add notes to your iPhone vault.
- Hassle-free import/export your photos/videos and share via email.
- Support multiple viewing modes & options to move, rename, and delete folders.
8. GalleryVault – Hide Photo Video
|Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later.|
|Price: Free (In-app purchases – Premium (1 Month) $1.99)|
|App Size: 59.6 MB|
GalleryVault – Hide Photo Video is one of the most intuitive and best apps for hiding pictures and videos on iPhone. The app holds the ability to disguise its app icon so that intruders do not uninstall it and keeps your privacy intact. The iPhone Vault App supports Pattern, Passcode, and Touch ID locking options to safeguard your private images and videos with a couple of taps. It even helps ‘Break-in Alerts’ know who’s trying to break in. Additionally, it comes with an integrated Private Browser to surf the web anonymously, download images/videos and directly lock it within the iOS vault app. This app to hide pictures on iPhone is available in more than 15 languages, including English, Arabic, Dutch, Finnish, Italian, Polish, Chinese, Swedish, Japanese, Korean, French, German, etc.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS: GalleryVault – Hide Photo Video
- Has a sleek and modern dashboard.
- Support hiding and playing GIF images.
- Has no storage limitation to hide photos or videos.
- Provides a smooth and amazing media browsing experience.
- Best multilingual vault app to hide photos and videos on iPhone.
9. Hide Photos Video – Hide it Pro
|Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later.|
|Price: Free, In-app purchases starting at Password Reset $2.99|
|App Size: 19.6 MB|
Last but not least consideration, install Hide it Pro, the best app to hide pictures and videos on iPhone. Besides pics and videos, it also supports hiding your confidential documents in a secure vault. You can create multiple albums and share unlimited media files within the app. You can easily customize the albums with their name or thumbnail. Using this excellent app to hide pictures on your iPhone, you can easily import photos/videos from Phone Gallery, iTunes, or directly capture photos using the camera. Like the aforementioned iPhone Vault App, you can enable a disguise screen to disguise the app as if it is crashed when anyone tries to access it. Interesting, right? If you give Hide it Pro a chance, let us know your experience in the comments section below!
KEY HIGHLIGHTS: Hide Photos Video – Hide it Pro
- Comes with an inbuilt picture viewer and media player to view snaps & watch videos.
- Easily hide/unhide photos from your phone gallery.
- Ability to take backup of your files on cloud storage.
- Automatic locking when you exit the app.
- Comes with an Escape Unlock Code to make the iPhone Vault app look (If someone tries to snoop on you.)
Frequently Asked Questions: Reviewed The List Of Best Apps To Hide Photos On iPhone (2022 Edition)
Q1) How do I hide pictures and videos on my iPhone?
Using a reliable application like Keep Photos Secret, one can easily import photos/videos in the app and lock them with PIN or Fingerprint authentication.
Q2) Is there a secret folder on my iPhone?
To find the Hidden album on your iPhone, open the Photos app and tap the Albums tab. Scroll down and look for the Hidden album under the Utilities section.
Q3) Can I put a password on hidden photos on my iPhone?
You can’t lock the hidden album, but you can take the help of the best app to hide pictures and videos on your iPhone to safeguard your media files easily with solid locking options like PIN, Password, or Fingerprint/Touch ID. We recommend using Keep Photos Secret, HiddenVault Secret Photo Album, and Secret Photo Vault – KeepSafe to shield your private pictures, videos, and other multimedia files.
Use any of the above apps to hide photos on iPhone to keep your private stuff concealed with a lock. There are different options available to protect your photos from intruders by getting bio-metric locks for app or decoy passwords to confuse them. Other services as such to hide app content from the recently used app list or to make it appear as another app to keep it safe. Break-in alerts and reports being sent on email to keep you alarmed. These apps have a lot to offer when it comes to keep your memories safe from the eyes of intruders.