If you are one of those people who quickly get distracted if there are lots of open applications on the screen, then using Windows Virtual Desktop Managers is a great way to get your focus back. They are dedicated tools to help users distribute open programs into several desktops or workspaces. The software offers capabilities to create & manage multiple virtual desktops, set passwords for each, and switch between different desktops for better multitasking.
Using the Windows Virtual Desktop Manager, one can easily streamline the work processes. You can separate Work, Entertainment, Development, or Communication programs by allotting them with different virtual desktops.
Top Windows Virtual Desktop Managers
With these virtual desktop managers, you now have the capability to create multiple versions of your desktop where you can run different programs and switch easily among them. For your convenience, we have listed down some of the free Windows Virtual Desktop Managers
Dexpot is one of the most popular Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Managers. It lets users create up to 20 virtual screens, each of them independent from others with different customization options to have its own wallpaper, screen resolutions, keyboard shortcuts, navigation functionalities, and more. If you click on any alternate virtual desktop, all your current running tasks get disappeared. A real “a-ha” moment when showing the screen to someone.
- Easy-to-use & fast to configure.
- Move and copy Windows from one desktop to another.
- Use hotkeys to switch between environments.
- Set up rules to automatically move, copy or close windows.
- It can be expanded within plugins.
- Supports 3D transitions, stylish wallpapers, and more.
2. Virtual Dimension
Virtual Dimension is a sophisticated virtual desktop manager that provides options to create as many copies of virtual desktops as required. Using the software, you can assign names to each workspace, set different wallpapers for each, and allot specific hotkeys & more. Additionally, you can make any window partially translucent, maximize the width/height, kill windows in a few clicks. The tool makes distributing the desktop work clutter super easy in other virtual workspaces.
- Easy to install, configure and use.
- Optional Preview option, allowing to select the desktop to switch to.
- The specific setting for each virtual desktop is available (such as wallpaper, themes & so on)
- Ability to move a window from one desktop to another.
Customizable shortcuts are available to make the most out of Virtual Dimension.Get it here
VirtuaWin is another free yet powerful Windows Virtual Desktop Manager that lets users create up to twenty desktops or workspaces. Each of them is highly customizable & can be moved from one virtual console to another without any hassle. To make the most out of VirtuaWin, users can rely on third-party plugins and modules designed for this Windows Multiple Desktops Manager.
on different plugins & modules available for the software.
- Open Source software is available with a portable version.
- A competent virtual desktop manager can be enhanced by third-party modules.
- Configure automatic Windows behavior.
- Navigate using a mouse, hotkeys, menus, or visual pagers.
- Customizable system tray icons.
mDesktop is a free & lightweight program to create and manage Windows multiple desktops. You can make ten virtual desktops using mDesktop. For quick navigation, you can use the hotkeys to easily move from one Window to another or specify to open certain programs or folders available on the desktop.
- A Portable version is available with mDesktop, so you don’t have to install it to use.
- Enjoy multiple virtual desktops in Windows XP and above.
- Change keyboard shortcuts to cycle through virtual desktops from Settings.
- It gives you the ability to hide system tray icons.
5. Finestra Virtual Desktops
With all the usual features to configure and customize desktops, Finestra also allows users to make use of the live thumbnail features of Windows 7 for quick switching. You can easily configure hotkeys for accessing its various features. Finestra Virtual Desktops comes with the ability to showcase all your virtual workspaces in a full-screen preview.
- Create & manage an infinite number of Windows virtual desktops.
- A full-screen desktop manager/switcher.
- It offers lots of Windows-specific menus for better productivity.
- Wallpapers & backgrounds for each desktop.
- You can set program rules for locking virtual desktops.
Create & Manage Virtual Desktops On Windows 10 PC With Ease
Now you can easily create two, three, or more virtual desktops and populate each one of them with different programs and apps. Hope these top five Windows Multiple Desktops Manager helps you in maximizing your productivity. If you know more about such Windows programs, do let us know in the comment section below!