Wondering what the specified procedure could not be found? Looking for the best way to fix 0x0000007e the specified module could not be found? You are at the right place. In this write-up, we will explain what this problem is and how to solve it.
The specified module cannot be found, is a DLL error and it generally pops up on the Windows startup. In some cases, the problem of starting the specified module could not be found when you go online or use certain applications. Luckily, fixing this problem is easy.
By cleaning invalid registry entrie, removing malware, checking the system for corrupt system files, and fixing it, you can get past the specified procedure that could not be found. But can one do this manually? Possibly not, because the chances of risking systems functionality increase. Therefore, the best way to fix these common Windows errors is to use a system optimization tool like Advanced PC Cleanup.
Best Way to Repair Common Windows Error
To get it to click the Download button now.
Apart from invalid registry entries, malware infections, other triggers for there was a problem starting the specified module could not be found are:-
Reasons for the specified module cannot be found
- Incorrect installation files
- Damaged Windows registry
- Missing or corrupt DLL files
- Outdated Windows drivers
Now that we’ve information about what is specified module error and what causes 0x0000007e, the specified module could not be found. Let us learn how to fix it.
Best Ways to Fix the specified module could not be found
List of Contents
- Best Way to Repair Common Windows Error
- Reasons for the specified module cannot be found
- 1. Scan the system for malware
- Additional Tip
- Additional Tip – Recover permanently deleted data
- 2. Stop processes related to .dll
- 3. Delete BackgroundContainer task
- 4. Run SFC command
- 5. Remove invalid registry files
- Fix – the specified module could not be found
- Frequently Asked Question
1. Scan the system for malware
In most cases, Conduit and other malware infections have been found causing, the specified procedure could not be found error. The right way to deal with such malware and nasty threats is to use a trusted and reliable anti-virus. For this, you can either use a standalone utility like Systweak Antivirus or can use Advanced PC Cleanup, the system optimization tool.
With that said, if you use Advanced PC Cleanup alongside cleaning malware, you can also fix invalid registry entries, clean junk files, declutter the system and do a lot more. To use Advanced PC Cleanup & clean infections, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced PC Cleanup
2. Run the tool
3. Click Malware Protection from the left pane > Start Scan Now
4. Wait for the operation to perform > click Protect Now to quarantine detected threats.
5. Restart the PC and see that the specified module cannot be found is fixed.
Additional Tip – Recover permanently deleted data
At times malware infection can make you lose important files. If you find yourself stuck in such a situation, try using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This amazing and professional data recovery solution in no time helps get back deleted data. Compatible with both Mac and Windows EaseUs Data Recovery tool has a recovery rate of 99.7% and has already been downloaded by 72 million users globally.
Using its Pro version, you can recover lost photos, videos, files, and other data from a formatted, corrupt, and any other storage device. Also, the tool allows to preview files and gives two scanning modes to recover deleted files smoothly.
Normally, the error provides a complete path of the DLL, this helps easily fix if there was a problem starting the specified module could not be found. To learn how to stop the process causing the issue, follow these steps:
1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer
2. Click View tab > scroll down and look for Hidden files and folders > double click to hide option > select the radio button next to Show hidden files and folders.
3. Next, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) option > Ok
4. Press Windows + I to open the Settings window
5. Click Update & Security
6. Click Recovery from the left pane > Advanced startup > Restart now
7. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart
8. Press F5 or 5 when Windows restarts. This will redirect you to Safe Mode with Networking
9. Login in as administrator
10. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc & open Task Manager
11. Select Processes tab > look for the processes that are linked with the specified module cannot be found.
12. Select them one by one > End task.
13. Reboot the PC, this will fix the specified procedure could not be found
3. Delete BackgroundContainer task
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run command
2. Type taskschd.msc > Enter
3. This will open Task Scheduler window > click Task Scheduler Library > right-click BackgroundContainer task > Delete
4. Run SFC command
Corrupt system files are another reason for 0x0000007e the specified module could not be found. To repair these files, we will need to run the SFC command.
1. Open elevated Command Prompt
2. Type sfc /scannow > Enter
Note: there is a space between sfc and /
3. Wait for the process to finish
4. Restarting the PC to fix it, there was a problem starting the specified module could not be found.
5. Remove invalid registry files
If none of the steps have worked, try fixing invalid registry entries.
Note: Making changes to Windows Registry might harm system functionality. Therefore, before modifying Windows Registry remember to take a backup. Also, we do not recommend doing it manually.
Once you have the backup you can use the Invalid Registry module provided by Advanced PC Cleanup. This will help fix the specified module cannot be found.
To use it follow the steps below:
1. Launch Advanced PC Cleanup
2. Run the best PC optimizer
3. Click Invalid Registry option > Start Scan Now
4. Wait for the scan to finish
5. Click Clean Now & fix invalid registry keys.
However, if you are a DIY type, you can follow these steps.
If you are making changes to the registry on your own, be cautious and do it at your own risk.
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window
2. Enter regedit > ok
3. Look for the following keys:-
4. Right-click each > Delete
5. Restarting the system should help fix the specified procedure could not be found.
Fix – the specified module could not be found
Once you follow the instructions explained we are sure, there was a problem starting the specified module could not be found should be fixed. In case you face any problem do let us know. Also, if you tried some other fix that worked, share it with us. If you find the post helpful, share it with others, and if you find something missing let us know in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How do I fix the specified module could not be found?
To troubleshoot the specified procedure could not be found perform following actions:
- Scan the computer for malware
- Stop processes related to .dll
- Delete BackgroundContainer task
- Uninstall unwanted apps
- Run SFC command
- Remove invalid registry files
Q2. How do you remove specified module could not be found?
To remove specified module could not be found, error follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R
- Type regedit.exe > Ok
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
- Look for the key related to the program you are trying to uninstall > and remove the program
This should help fix there was a problem starting the specified module could not be found.
Q3. How do I get rid of the Rundll error?
To fix Rundll error, follow the steps below:
- Reinstall the program using which you encounter Rundll error.
- Download a copy of Rundll from the internet if you are facing a problem. Alternatively, can copy the same Rundll from another system.
This might help fix the Rundll error. Furthermore, try running the fixes explained in the post above.
Q4. How do you fix Error 126 The specified module could not be found?
To fix error 126 the specified module could not be found try these fixes:
- Clean invalid registry entries using Advanced PC Cleanup, the best PC optimization tool. Thereafter using its Malware Protection module, scan the system for malware, virus, and other malicious threats.
Once this is done, try using the system, you should not face 126 the specified module error.