Windows Run command box is a built-in utility that is most often used for troubleshooting. The Run dialog box can be used to launch apps, documents, and webpages quickly. The Run tool is mostly accessed for opening apps like Device Manager, Local Group Policy Editor, Registry Editor, Command Prompt, and so on. In fact, knowing all the Run commands can help you get more productive and quickly access apps and tools in just a few taps.
Using the Windows + R key combination is one of the quickest and simplest ways to launch the Run dialog box, right? As soon as you press this keyboard combination, the Run dialog box instantly pop-ups on the window. Although, if you are unable to launch the Run command using this handy shortcut, here are a few more alternatives that can come to your rescue.
Let’s get started and learn about all the creative ways that you can use to access the Run tool on Windows 11.
Also read: How To Fix Run as Administrator Option not Showing up on Windows 11
Method 1: Use the Power Menu
As an alternative method, you can also use the Windows + X key combination to open the Run dialog box. The Power menu on Windows includes a variety of utilities and shortcuts that you can for quick access.
Press the Windows + X key combination, and the power menu will pop up on the screen, select “Run” to launch the Run tool.
Method 2: Use the File Explorer App
1. Launch the File Explorer app on your Windows PC. In the File Explorer window, tap on the address bar and then type “Run”.
2. Hit Enter and then the Run dialog box will appear on the screen.
Also read: Your System Has Run Out of Application Memory; How to Fix?
Method 3: Command Prompt
1. Tap the search icon placed on the Taskbar, and type “Command Prompt”. Select “Run as administrator” to launch Terminal in admin mode.
2. In the Terminal window, copy and paste the following command, and hit Enter to execute it:
3. Once you execute this command, the Run dialog box will appear on the screen.
Method 4: PowerShell
Yes, you can also use the PowerShell utility to launch the Run tool on Windows. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Launch the PowerShell app in admin mode on your Windows 11 device.
2. Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter to execute it:
(New-Object -ComObject "Shell.Application").FileRun()
The Run dialog box will appear on the screen right away!
Also read: How to Fix officeclicktorun.exe High Disk Usage
Method 5: Use the Windows Tools
To make it easier for the system administrators, Windows lists down all the important administrative utilities in one place. You can find all such advanced tools like Event Viewer, Task Scheduler, and more in this folder for easy access.
1. Tap on the search icon, type “Control Panel” and hit Enter.
2. In the Control Panel window, tap on the “View by: Large Icons” option.
3. Select “Windows Tools”.
In the next window, you will see all the Windows administrative tools. Scroll down and select “Run”.
Method 6: Create a Run Shortcut
If you are unable to launch the Run tool using the above-listed methods then you can try creating a shortcut. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Head on to the Desktop, right-click anywhere and then select New> Shortcut.
The shortcut wizard window will now appear on the screen.
2. Copy the below-listed command in the window and then hit on the “Next” button to proceed.
A new shortcut will now be created on your Desktop. You can double-tap on it to launch the Run dialog box on your device.
Also read: How To Fix Can’t Create a New Folder on Windows 11
Method 7: Use the Windows Search
Tap the search icon placed on the Taskbar, type “Run” and hit Enter. The Run dialog will appear on the screen.
Here were a few alternative methods that you can use to launch the Run tool on your Windows PC. Microsoft introduced the Run command along with Windows 95 and since then it has proved to be a handy utility that still comes embedded along with each latest Windows update. You can use any of these above-listed methods to launch the Run dialog box on your Windows PC.
Was this post helpful? Do you happen to know about any other method to quickly open the Run tool? Feel free to share your suggestions in the comments box! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Flipboard, YouTube, Instagram