Let’s say you received a very important call whose number you forgot to save. Worse! You have accidentally deleted your call history. Is it possible to recover deleted call history on iPhone? Is it possible to see deleted calls on iPhone? What if we said yes? Let’s have a look at how you can retrieve deleted calls on your iPhone.
Why You Might Want To Delete The Call Logs On Your iPhone?
Your iPhone call logs contain your incoming and outgoing calls and even missed calls. For prying eyes, these details might be a treat. You therefore might delete call logs from time to time. However, deleting call logs can at times prove to be counterproductive, especially if you had received a call from someone very important and you forgot to save their contact details.
Under What Circumstances Would I Lose Call Logs?
You may wonder in what circumstances can you lose call logs on your iPhone. Let’s have a look at some of the common scenarios in which may accidentally lose your call logs –
- You accidentally removed call logs you weren’t supposed to.
- Your iPhone is broken.
- You recently formatted your iPhone and forgot to save the call log.
- You were deleting spam and unnecessary calls but mistakenly deleted important numbers as well.
How To Retrieve Deleted Call Logs On Your iPhone
Let’s now get down to the actual question – Can I recover deleted call history on iPhone? Yes, try out the methods mentioned below –
1. Retrieve Deleted Call History Using an iCloud Backup
In this method we’ll see how you can recover call history on iPhone without a computer –
If you have an iCloud backup before you deleted the call history, you might be in luck because then you might just be able to restore the call log you want. Here is how you can recover call history on your iPhone using iCloud backup –
- Open Settings and tap on your profile at the top.
- Head to iCloud > Manage Account Storage > Backups.
- You will now be able to see a list of backups. You can select the one when your iPhone was last backed up.
|If you wish to set up your iPhone using an older backup, you will have to completely reset your iPhone. So, to avoid any loss of important data, we recommend that you first backup your data.|
- If you have decided to reset your iPhone to set up iPhone using an older backup, tap on General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings.
- When your iPhone restarts and while it is setting up, you will reach the Apps & Data screen. Here tap on the Restore from iCloud backup option.
- On the Choose Backup screen, select the backup that contains the call logs you want to recover. Here you can also select a particular date whose call log history you want to restore back on your iPhone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you will be able to find the deleted calls on your iPhone. You will be able to find all your incoming, outgoing, and missed calls.
2. How To Restore Deleted Call History From iTunes Backup
This method requires you to have a Windows computer or Mac. In case you have an iTunes backup in place, you can recover your deleted iPhone call history. For this, follow the steps mentioned below –
- Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone.
- Locate your iPhone’s icon and click on it.
- On the left-hand side, under Settings, click on Summary.
- Now, from the right-hand side, click on Restore Backup.
- Select the backup which may have your deleted call history and click on the Restore button.
You will now be able to see all your restore call logs on your iPhone. Restoring deleted call history is just one of the many tips and tricks that you can perform on iTunes. For more nifty tips and tricks on iTunes, check out this post.
The above steps can be helpful when you have already a backup of your iPhone. Just in case, you have not taken a backup, worry not! You can use an iPhone recovery tool like iMyFone D-Back.
3. Retrieve Call History On iPhone Without Backup
A recovery tool like iMyFone D-Back is a surefire way to find and recover deleted call logs on iPhone. The best part is that iMyFone D-Back supports iOS 16 too! Here’s how you can restore deleted iPhone call logs using iMyFone D-Back –
- Download, install and run iMyFone D-Back on your computer.
- Select from three given recovery modes on the left-hand pane of the home screen.
- In your case where you have lost call logs, you can choose to Recover from iOS Device.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Choose Call History from the options on the right and click on the Scan button from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Wait till the scanning process is over. After IMyFone D-Back is done scanning your iPhone, D-Back will enlist call logs. You can preview the call logs and select the ones you want to recover.
- Once you have selected the iPhone call history that you want to recover, click on the Recover button that you can see at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
For reasons more than one, you might want to restore your deleted call logs, and now that you are equipped with knowledge on how you can recover iPhone call history, it’s time to put all the worries aside. We’d love to see your success journey in the comments section below. And, if it’s not you but a dear one facing the same issue, share this post with them. For more such content, keep reading WeTheGeek.