PDFs have become a norm for viewing and sharing documents. After all, they offer the best viewing experience, better security for your documents, and look more professional. For someone who has to deal with and analyze hundreds of PDF files, it is important to know how to open multiple PDF files simultaneously.
You can’t just open a single PDF file, close it, open another and match information. With this post, we are going to discuss the various ways in which you can open multiple files at once in one window.
When Would You Need To Open Multiple PDF Documents In One Window?
Here are some real-life situations when you might want to open multiple PDF files all at once –
- Check the contents of one PDF and compare it with other PDFs for accuracy.
- When sending brochures to different clients, you may want to check that the content of two PDFs is not the same.
- Edit PDFs correctly by the reference PDFs.
- Compare multiple PDFs so that you can decide which PDFs/ PDF pages to merge with or remove from another PDF.
- If you are a professor or teacher, you want to ensure that none of your students have copied assignments, provided the assignments are in PDF format.
How To Open Multiple PDFs In One Window At Once
1. Use A-PDF Management Utility To Open Multiple PDFs In One Window
Like we said before, you might want to open multiple PDFs all at once in one window so that you don’t have to separately open each of them and then perform tasks such as comparing them. Advanced PDF Manager is one of the best PDF management tools that doesn’t just let you open and view multiple PDFs at once in one window but enables you to do much more than that. You can use Advanced PDF Manager to open various PDF documents.
1. Download, install and run Advanced PDF Manager.
2. Click on Open Files.
3. Head to the location on your computer from where you want to open PDF files and select any number of PDF files. You can go back to a different folder and repeat the same process. Once you have selected the PDF files, click on Open.
4. All your selected PDF files with their pages will open in one place.
5. You can even change the view and compare PDFs much better. There are four views you can choose from –
- Collapse View
- Small Multiview
- Medium Multiview
- Large Multiview
Apart from viewing multiple PDF files in one Window, there are tons of other things you can do in Advanced PDF Manager. Here are things you can do, as seen in the screenshot below –
- Print PDF files right from the interface.
- Duplicate pages
- Duplicate complete PDFs
- Password-protect PDFs
- Split selected pages
- Rotate complete PDFs or their pages
- Merge two or more PDFs
- Select/ unselect multiple PDFs
2. Compare Two PDFs Side By Side Online
If your intent is to compare two PDFs side by side to compare the contents, you can visit Diffchecker. The website helps you find differences between two PDF documents. To use the platform –
1. You can either drag and drop PDF files or open PDF files from a location on your computer.
2. If there are multiple pages you want to compare, you can even specify the page range as well. Click on Find difference from the bottom.
3. The area where changes have taken place is highlighted, and you can easily find the differences.
You can also find any difference in the images of the two documents, OCR text, or File details.
3. Use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC To Open Multiple PDFs In One Window
Many of us use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to view PDF files. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC lets you open many PDF files in one window. You can either select multiple PDF files and drag and drop them into Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or click on File > Open and then choose as many PDFs as you want to open from a particular location.
If you have the premium version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, i.e., Adobe Acrobat Pro, you even get the functionality to compare two PDF documents amidst several other features, as shown in the screenshot below –
You can try Adobe Acrobat Pro free for 7 days, after which you can opt-in for a premium version that starts at US$ 19.99 per month. As for other plans, you can refer to the pricing here.
If you frequently open multiple PDFs all at once, we hope we have helped you enhance your productivity around that. If yes, do let us know in the comments which of the above methods you like. Also, never miss any tech updates from us. Subscribe to our newsletter today. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Flipboard.