Recent macOS Catalina 10.15.4 update is said to fix MacBook Air problems and improve stability. But it seems it is doing just the opposite. There are people reporting problems after updating their machines.
During this time when people are not ready to handle more stress, Apple has given them a reason to worry. Is this what we expect from a company like Apple? Is Apple following Microsoft by introducing a new problem post update installation?
Whatever the reason be, Apple forums are filled with users complaining and there’s no fix to this problem right now. So, what do we need to know about the problem?
What Does macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Update Fix?
Supplement update of macOS Catalina 10.15.4 was released to fix the following problems:
- FaceTime bug where people running OS X EL Captian11.6 and earlier or iOS 9.3.6 and earlier were unable to participate in FaceTime calls with users running macOS Catalina.
- Resolve USB-C port unresponsive issue
- Fix MacBook Air 2020 problem that occurs when disconnecting or plugging in a 4K or 5K external monitor
- Setup Assistant crash
- Office 365 bug where there were repeated password requests
Certainly, these are useful fixes but if they create a major problem like bricking Mac machines then?
What Problem Are Users Facing After Updating Their macOS?
Apple forums and several other threads at MacRumors are full with users complaints, explaining the problem they are facing most common of all are:
- Bricking of 2016 MacBook, 2012 iMac, 2018 13-inch MacBook and 16-inch MacBook Pro 2019 that said the system will no longer power up.
- Slowing down of Mac Mini 2012
- Unable to download macOS Catalina 10.15.4
To learn how to fix the common macOS Catalina problem click here.
What Should The Users Do?
Since the new update is making things worse, until Apple sorts this out we recommend you do not update macOS 10.15.4.
However, if you have updated your system and are now facing a problem head to Apple’s discussion forum, you might find a way around.
All this makes one thing clear instead of releasing full updates companies are releasing partial updates but they are not testing them. Therefore, issues are found in both Microsoft and Apple updates. To stay safe and protected avoid updating your system until you know it is safe. Since companies, technicians are not working at full power we need to be more cautious and read forums before updating our system. This will help save ourselves.
What is your opinion on this issue? Do you think it’s best not to update? Or we should update but before doing proper research?
Do share your thoughts with us, it feels nice to hear from you and know what you think.