Android Smartphones include plenty of security features to protect your data, but what if you forget your password & can’t unlock your phone? It’s obvious how annoying it can get when you lose or forget your passcode, but certainly it’s not the end of the world.
Try these solutions to bypass the PIN/Pattern/Password lock screen!
If you’ve got a cracked or broken Android/iPhone screen, we have a guide for that as well that should prove helpful to unlock your device!
What To Do If I’ve Locked My Phone & Forget Its Password?
Thankfully, the arrival of face scanning has minimized the chances of this happening, but Biometric Security Locks can go wrong sometimes & passwords can be forgotten. For whatever reason you’re locked out of your phone, we’re here to help you logged in your device. You can try these five methods & thank us later!
METHOD 1 – Via Google’s ‘Find My Device’ Service
Before beginning with this process, please keep in mind that this option would erase all your data on your device. So, it might be a peevish situation if your data isn’t backed up, but the method would potentially help you to get back into your device.
Note: To overcome such situations, always remember to create a backup of your device. For this you can use Right Backup cloud data backup app. This tool offers auto-backup feature, that keeps all your data at a safe place!
Let’s start bypassing screen lock via Find My Device service:
- Make sure your phone is logged into your Google Account & your data connection must be turned on to start using this service.
- If your device is, then head towards Find My Device page from your PC.
- If your device has been identified by the service, it will show all its details. Try refreshing till your device’s information is displayed.
- Next, click on Erase Device option > Enter your Google account details > Once done, all your data would be deleted & your device would be set as a new one.
Set up a password you can always remember!
METHOD 2 – Perform Factory Reset
If you’re more connected to your phone than the data stored in it, then this method would definitely help you to bypass Android lock screen. Remember, just like the aforementioned method your data would be completely lost.
If you’re ready for the sacrifice, go ahead executing the Factory Reset on your device.
- Just Switch off your phone > Press & hold the volume down & power buttons together.
- This will help you to pop up the Android’s Bootloader Menu > Several Android Recovery options would be presented to you > use Volume button to reach to ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option.
- Hold Power button to choose the option. When the process would be finished > Reboot your device > This will set your phone just like a new one.
METHOD 3 – Boot Into Safe Mode
If the lock screen you’re dealing with is a third-party screen locker & not the stock lock, then this method is meant for you. Booting into Safe Mode is one of the easiest methods to bypass PIN/Pattern lock screen.
To boot your phone into Safe Mode: Long press the power button to bring up the Power menu > Long press the Power Menu to bring ‘Reboot to Safe Mode’ option > Press ‘OK’ > Once your phone will be rebooted, your third-party lock screen app would temporarily be disabled.
Change the lock screen PIN/Pattern security that you do not forget again!
METHOD 4 – Unlock With Samsung ‘Find My Mobile’ Website
As the name indicates, this method is meant for Samsung owners. Find My Mobile is a service similar to Google’s Find My Device. This method would help you to easily bypass Android lock screen without resetting your phone. All you require is your smartphone to be logged into your Samsung account, rest ‘Find My Mobile’ service would do for you.
Just open Find My Device link on your computer > Log in to your Samsung account > Locate ‘Lock My Screen’ button on the left-pane > Enter the new password & click on the Lock button. Within a few minutes your new lock screen password would be changed. You can use this password to unlock Samsung phone lock password.
METHOD 5 – Screen Lock Bypass Apps (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S/Note/Tab Series & LG G2/G3/G4 etc.)
There are a few Android Lock Screen Removal apps in the market, which can certainly help you to bypass Android lock screen without reset. For the purpose, we’re using dr.fone screen lock bypass app for Windows.
- The whole process might be very time-consuming but would help you to unlock Samsung phone lock password.
- Install & launch fone on your Windows desktop.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable > Click Start.
- Confirm all your device’s information, make sure they all are correct.
- Next you have to boot your Samsung device into Download Mode. To do so: Power off your phone > Long press Volume down, Power & Home button.
- Once your device has entered into Download Mode, recovery package would automatically be downloaded.
- After the package is installed on your device, Android Lock Screen removal would begin instantly.
That’s all! Unlock Android phone without password using Lock Screen Removal apps.
Note: However, if you are using other devices, you can try using Android Multi Tool Screen Removal App. This app works with most Android phones. Try your luck and see if it works for you.
So, which methods worked best for you to unlock Android phone without password? Do you know other hacks to bypass the screen lock? Do share those tricks in the comment section!