If you love downloading YouTube, the chances are that you have already heard of KeepVid. With the closing down of YouTube, video lovers are on a constant lookout for a decent KeepVid alternative. And, here we have curated not just one or two but 10 of the best KeepVid alternatives that help you convert YouTube videos in any desired format you want.
Keepvid Alternatives You Should Check Out
Do you want a quick, free and easy way to download video and are looking for a KeepVid alternative, Y2mate is your sure short answer and why’s that? You don’t need to install it since it’s online, it gives you a lot of options as far as selecting the video quality is concerned, and it’s fast, what’s more? Let’s quickly delve into some of its features :
- Supports videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, YouKu, Facebook, etc
- Downloading a video is simple, just enter the URL and hit the start button
- You can choose from varying resolutions – .3gp to 1080p full HD
- Speedy download
- No registration required
- Formats range from MP3, MP4, Flv, WEBM, so on and so forth
There are as such no drawbacks, though incoming ads may bother you.
Ever craved downloading a YouTube video so that you could watch it offline. VidMate is a wonderful free video downloader app. In fact, it won’t be wrong to say that is a great KeepVid alternative for Android. Using this, you can download videos from popular websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Instagram, Tumblr and many more.
- The interface itself allows you to choose from where you wish to download a video (YouTube, WhatsApp, Facebook or any other website)
- You can search for videos by category such as funny, music, featured, TV show
- VidMate has an integrated search bar, where you can search for your desired video and watch it with the help of video player
- While you can choose to download the video (up to 1080 p), you can also choose to download the mp3 as well
- You can download a complete playlist too
You won’t be able to download videos online, and you’ll have to download the app for the same. Also, for initially downloading the videos, you will need a high-speed internet connection.
3. 4K Video Downloader
The first on the list is the 4K Video Downloader, which is the best free KeepVid alternative that helps you download YouTube videos. It has a simple yet easy to use and highly customizable interface. One of the greatest aspects of this downloader is that it doesn’t contain any bloatware.
- You can either download a single video or download a whole playlist. The only condition is that the playlist shouldn’t contain more than 24 videos
- Great choice of formats for both audio and video (MP3, MP4)
- You can download captions for the downloaded videos (3D and 360° videos supported)
- One of the reasons why 4K Downloader can be a great KeepVid replacement is because using this tool you can even set up a proxy connection as well
The only drawback is that the free version limits the subtitles, channels and playlists that you are allowed to download.
In true sense, it is a hassle-free alternative to KeepVid. In fact, it won’t be wrong to say that if you wish to download a video from YouTube in a jiffy than this is a must website to visit. And, as the search bar on the website says ‘Just insert a link,’ and the rest will be taken care of by the website itself.
- Easy to use interface. Just copy the URL from where you wish to fetch the video and paste in the search bar
- Availability of different formats ranging from MP4, WEBM and many others
- Choose from several different languages
There could be cases where you might not be able to download a video file with audio when opting for higher quality (especially, if you are choosing 1080 p)
As a KeepVid alternative OnlineVideoConverter.com does a great job. Not just that, it lets you download videos from YouTube but other popular streaming sites and related platforms such as TED, Facebook, Vimeo and many more.
- com supports various video streaming sites
- Once you have downloaded the videos, you can save downloaded videos directly to Dropbox
- There are several audio and video formats
One of the drawbacks is You might not be able to support videos higher than 1080p
It is a video downloader that lets you download audio and video from more than 1000 sites including but not limited to Dailymotion, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. You can download videos from online websites or download the VidPaw app.
- VidPaw is offered as a free service and does not require any sign-up
- VidPaw is a free service and doesn’t need you to sign up
- There won’t be any intrusive ads to bug you
- You can even download subtitles or mp3 from videos
- You can play YouTube videos using an integrated YouTube player
- Videos can be downloaded in several qualities
One of the drawbacks, as faced by many users, is that sometimes the web version of VidPaw may not work.
If you are looking for KeepVid replacement then SaveVid.org can be a great option as it is one of the fastest video downloaders. On its page, you’ll find the step by step details of how you can download videos. What makes SaveVid one of the best alternative to KeepVid is that it supports as many quality levels as KeepVid.
- Supports videos from most popular sites
- You can convert videos to various video and audio formats
- One-click download makes the process superfast
While the video converter is mostly about benefits, there are few drawbacks like you don’t get sound when you download in 1080 p. It also doesn’t support 2K or higher resolutions
8. WinX YouTube Downloader
WinX YouTube Downloader is a great KeepVid alternative, which can be downloaded on the PC (both Windows and Mac). It comes with tons of features some of which are mentioned below –
- Download videos from 300+ websites including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Vevo and many more
- With Win X,you can record live videos
- Download individual videos or complete playlist
- No ads will appear on installation
- Clear guide on how you can download videos
- You can even download videos in 8K quality
Though WinX YouTube Downloader is a feature-rich video converter, you might face some issues with the downloading speed.
Clipconverter is a free KeepVid alternative that can help you download and convert online videos. It supports websites such as Dailymotion, Vimeo, YouTube and many other popular video streaming websites.
- It is free of cost online video converter
- It has a Minimalistic yet easy to use interface
- Supports several audio and video formats such as MP3, AAC, M4A, MP4, 3GP, MOV, AVI and MKV
- You can download videos upto 4 K quality
The only drawback with this website is that you can download YouTube videos, but you won’t be able to download any copyrighted content such as movie clips or songs. Also, when you convert the video, at first instance, you may be bugged by ads.
10. Free YouTube Download
Just because it is at the 10th spot doesn’t mean, it is any less. It can give any other KeepVid replacement a run for money. It is simple, it’s fast and gives you the downloads you desire.
- Facilitates easy download. Paste the link, hit the download button and you are all good to go
- You can download multiple videos in batches
- Auto-download option available
- Supports a myriad of formats – MP4, AVI, MP3, WEBM and even 8K videos
- You can even download subtitles as well
Users have reported that their PCs were shut down after the download was complete. Also, it is capable of downloading videos which are up to 3 minutes long.
FAQs about Keepvid Alternative
Q1. What can I use instead of Keepvid?
There are several KeepVid alternative, which give you speed, range of formats and ease of downloading. Some of these alternatives are mentioned above.
Q2. Is Keepvid safe to use?
Keepvid per se is safe, but the Java in it may put your computer’s privacy in jeopardy. It might have inherent spyware or malware.
Q3. Why has Keepvid stopped working?
There hasn’t been an apt reason for the shut down of KeepVid as such. Yet on March 21, 2018, KeepVid had posted that they won’t render audio or video downloading feature and that they’ll develop better tools in the future.
Ready, Set, Download!
Since now you are aware of some of the best KeepVid alternative and some of the best software like KeepVid, throw in videos from any of your favourite social media platforms and go on a video downloading spree! You can now have your videos offline, and you will now be able to watch them anytime, anywhere! If you loved the post, do share it with your pals!