Since its release, iOS 11.1.2 has been surrounded by major complaints from users about random crashes. To combat this serious problem Apple finally managed to roll out a major update for iOS 11 i.e. iOS 11.2 on 2nd December.
With the release of this new major update, Apple claims to have rectified the crash problem along with ample new features such as Apple Pay Cash and some bug fixes.
Apple is notifying all the Apple users about this update who have compatible devices. The list of compatible devices as mentioned by Apple are “iPhone 5s and later, iPad Air and later, and iPod touch 6th generation”.
To download the update simply navigate to Settings > General > Software Update. Here you will see the iOS 11.2 update, click on ‘Download and Install’ to install the update. Please make sure you take a full backup of your device before installing the new update.
See Also: How to Enable and Disable Features in iOS11
- Date Bug in iOS 11.1.2
Amongst the major reasons for rolling out iOS 11.2, the random crashing of iPhones and iPads with iOS 11.1.2 plays an important role. The date bug is supposed to be caused by applications sending local notifications offering reminders.
As per Apple, it has rectified this crashing problem in its latest major update.
- Animation Bug
The Calculator app in the iOS 11, has been fixed for an animation bug that used to ignore few numbers and symbols when pressed or entered in a fast manner. The latest update has now eliminated the animations to make calculation easy and fast.
New Features Introduced
- Apple Pay Cash:
Many new features have been introduced in the new major update. The main feature which has caught everyone’s attention is the Apple Pay Cash in U.S.A. It is a peer-to-peer payment service that is available in Messages app, which lets you send/receive money from your friends and families using iMessage, just like Venmo or Square Cash. In Apple Pay, the cash gets deposited in the Apple Pay Card in the Wallet app. This cash then can be easily used for shopping and can even be transferred to bank accounts.
- Better Wireless Charging
For the latest iPhone series i.e. iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X, Apple has introduced 7.5w wireless charging speeds. These can be easily charged by wireless chargers that adhere to the Qi standards of wireless charging.
A normal standard iPhone adapter is said to charge an iPhone wireless only a 5w speed. However, with this new 7.5W charging speed, an exceptional fall in charging time is expected.
- Sports Section
With iOS 11.2, Apple has also come up with an entirely new Sports Section in the TV app. With this exclusive TV app integrated with the ESPN app, users can easily access live games(sports). Users can use the Sports app by tapping the Sports tab present at the bottom of the TV app.
- Refashioned Emoji’s for iPhone X:
For iPhone X users. Apple iOS 11.2 has much more to offer. It has now come up with refashioned camera emojis. It also includes tweaks for emojis and newly introduced animation effects for Live Photos and wallpapers.
See Also: 9 Useful Tips For iPhone X
- Control Center on iPhone X:
Till now iPhone X Control Center was accessed by swiping the screen from top to bottom. However, with iOS 11.2, Apple has now introduced a new way to access it more conveniently. Apple has now added a small horizontal bar below the status bar on the lock screen. Swiping this horizontal bar easily takes you to the Control Center.
Apart from the major bug fixes and other newly introduced features, below is the full release note for iOS 11.2 update:
iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash to send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Apple Pay Cash (US Only)
Send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri
Other improvements and fixes
– Adds support for faster wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories
– Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
– Improves video camera stabilization
– Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
– Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
– Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
– Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
– Improves stability in Calendar
– Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
– Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
– Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
– Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
– Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
– Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
– Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
– Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
– Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
– Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music
– Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications.
Apple has finally managed to resolve the Date bug in iOS 11.1.2. So, if you are amongst the many users who too faced this problem, it is recommended to update to the latest major update.