There is no doubt that Social Media has taken over the world. From Facebook to Twitter and LinkedIn, there are numerous social media platforms that have been successful in making a world like a close-knit family, and Instagram is no exception.
Instagram is a well-known platform that makes easy for users to connect with the world easily. Releasing new features, bug fixes and new updates, it leaves no stone unturned to provide a better platform to its users.
Instagram recently came up with a new update that had a lot of new features. However there was one which gained a lot of appreciation; a new feature called “Go live with a friend”. Instagram shared this information in a promotional video & a blogpost.
With this amazing feature, users can now invite one person to join in on their live video.
While this feature was in testing phase since August, Instagram finally managed to roll out this feature for all.
As Per the blogpost: “Live video helps you share in an authentic way, but sometimes it can be intimidating when you’re on your own. It’s easy to add a guest while you’re broadcasting. Simply tap the new icon on the bottom right and tap “Add” to invite anyone who’s currently watching. Once they join, you’ll see the screen split into two and your friend pop up right below you.”
‘Go live with a friend’ lets you send an invite to a user you wish to participate in the live video. You can however, remove the invitation at any given point of time and add another as per your requirement.
Not only this, people who’ve accepted your request can also choose to remove themselves from the video.
Instagram also allows its users to discard the live video or to post it in stories once they have finished capturing it.
So let’s proceed to see how this innovative feature can be used:
- launch Instagram, swipe right on the main screen or click on the top left corner of the screen on the main feeds page.
- Post this, locate Live and tap on it. Now click on Start Live Video.
- From the list choose the person’s name whom you wish should join the Live Video and then send an invite.
- Once the invitee joins the live video, they will appear in a split-screen view. You’ll also see if they’ve chosen to decline.
- If at any given point of time you wish to remove the person you’ve added your post, simply tap on the X sign located at the top right corner in the split-screen.
The ‘Go live with a friend’ feature is available in version 20 of the application. However, We’re yet to try this feature to talk more about it. In case you already tried this, do share your experience in the comments section below.