It’s truly remarkable how effortlessly ChatGPT can replace Siri on iPhones, yet integrating ChatGPT with Google Assistant is something new. While several apps on the Google Play Store offer convenient access to ChatGPT, voice chat is still not an option. However, there are third-party apps like Tasker and Elevenlabs that enable voice chat functionality without any cost. This article presents a detailed tutorial on how to voice chat with ChatGPT on Android phones.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Enable Voice Chat with ChatGPT on Android Devices
While ChatGPT functions seamlessly within a browser on Android devices, there’s a desire for a more immersive experience. Enter Tasker, the app that bridges the gap, allowing you to harness the prowess of OpenAI’s formidable AI chatbot, akin to utilizing Google Assistant.
Step 1: Get OpenAI and ElevenLabs API Keys
- Go to this page and log in with your account and choose to Create new secret key.
- Give a name to your key and then click on Create secret key button.
- Copy this key and keep it safe somewhere, you will need it later.
- Now log on to the official page for ElevenLabs and create a free-of-cost account. Tap on Get Started Free.
- Sign up with your Gmail ID, or Facebook ID or you can create a new account.
- From the top right corner tap on your profile picture and click on
- Then tap on the ‘eye’ icon to unhide the key and then copy this key. Keep it safe somewhere, you will need it later.
Step 2: Download the Tasker App & Import ChatGPT Project
- Go to the Google Play Store and install the Tasker app. If you don’t want to purchase the app, download the trial version.
- Now open the application and tap on Tasker – The Full Experience button.
- Give all the permissions and click on Proceed
- After this, head over to this Tasker Share link and tap on the Import button and then click on
- Now a pop-up window will appear in front of you, click on OK.
- On the following page, you will be asked to enter the OpenAI API key, paste the OpenAI API key and tap on OK.
- Now an Import prompt will appear, click on Yes.
- Once again tap on Yes on the following prompt as well.
- At this point, you’ll encounter a prompt to add a WhatsApp bot. Tap on the Yes or No button according to your need.
Step 3: Import the Elevenlabs Project to The Tasker Application
- Head over to this Tasker Share link and tap on the Import button and then click on
- Give all the permissions and click on the Ok
- Click Yes when an import prompt appears.
- On the following page, you will be asked to enter the Elevenlabs API key, paste the ElevenLabs API key there and just tap on
- When it comes to the Assistant voice, take your pick from the available options. To get a sneak peek of each voice, simply long press on your preferred choice for a voice preview.
- When you reach the Language prompt, go ahead and tap on English to select it. However, if you prefer using a different language, simply tap on the Different Languages button and choose your desired language from the options available.
Step 4: Voice Chat with ChatGPT on Android Phones
- Go to your phone’s home screen and tap and hold on a blank area, then tap on the Widgets
- Scroll down and look for the Task widget, tap on it.
- Navigate to the Task Selection menu and scroll through the options until you find Voice Chat ChatGPT Elevenabs. Once you locate it, go ahead and select it.
- To save the widget, simply exit the task selection menu by going back, and it will be automatically saved.
- Now you will be able to see the Voice Chat ChatPT icon on your home screen.
- Click on the icon and prepare to engage in direct conversations with ChatGPT.
Voice Chat with ChatGPT on Android like a Pro
In a world where seamless voice interactions have become the norm, the prospect of engaging in natural conversations with AI-powered assistants is nothing short of extraordinary. While integrating ChatGPT with Google Assistant on Android phones may present challenges, there are remarkable solutions available. Thanks to third-party apps like Tasker and Elevenlabs, the door to voice chat with ChatGPT on Android has swung wide open.