Copy and paste in Windows 10 is such a common phenomenon. We use it to transport text from documents, website URLs, copy and paste images, files, folders, the list is endless, and unless you’ve been living under the rock, there is no chance that you are not aware of the copy and paste in Windows.
But here’s a little secret that we’d like to let you in, then copy and paste function in Windows 10 goes beyond the Ctrl -C, Ctrl-V or right-clicking your mouse to do the same. Yes! You heard it, right.
Here’s What We Are Talking About
Ever since Windows 2018 update, you can take whatever you’ve copied to your clipboard across all the devices where you are using Windows 10. Plus, you can view the content you have copied in the past in clipboard history. This can be seen by pressing the Windows + V Key. The content includes both text and images upto 4 MB.
You see how important and significant it is to keep tabs of updates that Windows keeps on rolling out and you now have one more reason to upgrade to Windows 10 (if you haven’t up until now).
You May Also Want To Read This – How To Download The Latest Updates on Windows 10
1. It would help if you had the October 2018 update, i.e. Windows version 1809 (which we are sure you have) on your computer.
2. An activated Windows 10 for better personalization
3. You need to be signed in the same Microsoft account across all the devices.
How To Copy/Paste Windows 10 Clipboard Data From One PC To Another PC
First, we’ll talk about how you can enable the feature. So, here are the steps mentioned below to do the same –
- In the Windows Search next to the Windows icon, type Clipboard settings. You can alternatively reach the Clipboard settings by following the below-mentioned path –
Settings > System >Scroll down and look for Clipboard
- Once the Clipboard window, opens toggle the Clipboard history and Sync across device buttons to the right. Here, you will also see that by default the option Automatically sync the text that I copy is on.
|A little about the automatic syncing options:
1. Automatically sync text that I copy:
As soon as you start to accumulate the Clipboard history by pressing the Ctrl-C command, it will automatically be synced across all your devices and the cloud.
2. Never automatically sync text that I copy:
When you choose this option, you will have to open the clipboard history, and you can manually select the content that you want available to be copied across devices and the cloud.
- Now, all you need to do is press the Windows + V button. Initially, you will be required to click Turn on button.
How Do I Clear The Copy-Paste Windows 10 Clipboard History
Until and unless, you have deleted the Clipboard history, you can paste data that you’ve copied an hour ago or even more. So, how do you delete the clipboard history? What if you have gathered a whole lot of things to paste and wish to get rid of all these. Simple!
Steps To Delete Clipboard’s Copy-Paste Items –
- Press Windows + V keys (which will open the Clipboard for you)
- If you wish to delete the clipboard items individually, you can click on the cross button (X) next to each clipboard item.
- And, if you wish to get rid of all the items, click on Clear all button that you will see at the top right.
In The End
The copy-paste feature in Windows 10 is such a simple and frequently used standard functionality, but as we can see, when delving a little deeper, we are exposed to more wonders attached. Windows 10 is a world of wonderful functions and features. Through our blog, we try to unearth even the smallest of the wonders that could take your productivity and your interest in the operating system to a whole new level.
Do let us know if the blog has helped you and if it did, do share your feedback in the comments section below and also, share it with your pals. You can also find us on Facebook and YouTube.
Krishan VijayThis feature is only for Windows 10, however I think they plan to bring it to Android and IOS.
Camila SaundersWill this copy-paste feature work without interrupting other features in the system?
Kathleen JonesIt is way to hard to figure out why not just not have it. TO HARD