If you’re not fond of video chats and video calls, you probably don’t have a dedicated webcam. But,you never know when you might need one. If you face a sudden need of getting a new webcam, why spend extra money when you can use your phone camera as webcam following easy steps.
How to Use Phone As a Webcam
There are 2 ways to use phone as a webcam-
Use Phone As a Webcam Through USB:
- Download DroidCam on your Android and PC.
- Make sure you’re ready with all the USB drivers downloaded for your phone on your machine (Laptop/Desktop).
- As the USB connection takes place via Android Debug Bridge (ADB), you need to enable USB Debugging on your Android by following this path: Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Confirm the connection of your device via ADB by running the command ‘adb devices’ in command prompt.
- Go to DroidCam web client, navigate to USB tab and click Start.Also Read: How To Take Better Selfies With Your Smartphone Camera
Use Phone As a Webcam Through Wi-Fi:
If you have a fast and persistent Wi-Fi signal, you can start using phone camera as webcam for PC wirelessly. Here, the foremost requirement is that both your Android smartphone and your laptop/desktop must be connected to the same Wifi network. Once confirmed, follow these steps:
- Launch DroidCam on your Android and note down the ‘Wi-Fi IP’ along with DroidCam Port.
- Open the DroidCam client on laptop/desktop and click on the Wi-Fi sign (the first of the three) and enter the Wi-Fi IP and DroidCam Port there.
- Select Audio and Video.
- Click on Start.
Once the setup is done, you may need to change webcam source on the client you want to establish video call with.
Now that you know how to use phone camera as webcam for PC, you’re always equipped for a sudden video call with your interviewer or family. So, let’s get your head around and explore.