iPhone is a smartphone designed by Apple, which is not only an excellent device but also a status symbol, or at least it was! However, with the latest Android software and smart technologies introduced by phone manufacturers, an Android phone is also a good choice. Have you bought a new phone and wondering how to switch from iPhone to Android? While transferring, you need to get your contacts, photos, calendar entries, and documents on your new iPhone, quite a task, right! Well, don’t worry! We are here to help!
Steps To Switch From iPhone To Android
Getting your data from iPhone to Android is not twisted, it is rather easy if handled properly. We will discuss the best ways to switch from iPhone to Android. Let’s get started!
Steps To Migrate Contacts:
Syncing contacts is one of the major tasks for anyone whose changing phone, irrespective of the platform.
Most of us synchronize contacts using Gmail account, if you are one of them, the migrating contacts from iPhone to Android is a cakewalk. All you need to do is sign in to your Google account and all the contacts will be downloaded.
However, if you have not synced your contacts, then you need to follow a few steps to get it done. You need to get a .vcf file from iCloud and then import the file to your brand-new Android smartphone. So, let’s know how to do it:
Note: You need to turn on Contacts for iCloud. Locate Settings and click on your username then click iCloud. Navigate to Contacts and turn the toggle ON right next to Contacts.
- Open Safari on your Mac or open Firefox on your Windows PC and log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID.
Note: Google Chrome might not work for the process.
2. Locate Contacts and tap on it. Click on Settings(gear like icon) in the bottom left corner.
3. Tap on Select all option.
4. Again, click the gear icon and choose “Export .vCard”
5. The .vcf file will be downloaded, now you can either import the file to Google Contacts or directly your Android phone.
6. If you want to get the contacts through Google contacts, go to contacts.google.com and click Import, and “Go to old contacts”. Tap on More button and choose “Import”. Choose the file and that is it!
Alternative Method: To import the .vcf file on your Android, you can use a microSD card or connect your phone to your computer. As you get the file on your Android, open Phone app and click the menu button. You will get an option to “Import/Export”. Choose your file and you will get all your contacts on your Android phone.
Steps To Transfer Your Photos
Photos are memories of good times. You certainly wouldn’t want to lose them. So, while switching from iPhone to Android, you can take the photos either the manual way, which is quite conventional, or you can use online storage such as Google Drive and get your photos with ease.
All you need to do is create a backup of all your photos on Google Drive, or any other online storage that you have access to. However, you can install Google Photos for iPhone and upload the photos on it. Let’s see how to do that:
- Go to App Store and install Google Photos.
- While the app initiates, it will prompt to take a backup of photos on the iPhone. Enable the feature.
3. The photos will upload, it will take a significant amount to time and your data. Therefore, it is better to use Wi-Fi.
4. As images are uploaded, you can log in to Google account on Android and get Google Photos on it to access the photos.
Steps To Get Your Calendar Entries On Android
You need to have a Google account to set up on your Android phone. In case you don’t have it already create one.
- Locate Settings from the Home screen.
- Go to Calendar.
3. Navigate to Default Calendar.
4. Tap Gmail account that you want to use for your Google calendar.
Now all of the important entries will be seen in the Google account calendar.
Steps To Get Your Music
You don’t have to leave your Music playlist behind just because you are switching the platforms. You can either get your music manually by migrating files or you can upload your favourite music to Google Play Music, this can be done using your computer. So, you need to have your music files on your computer.
As you must have iTunes on your computer as you have iPhone. Also, before starting, don’t forget to download your purchased music on your phone. Once uploaded to Google Play Music, you can access that on any Android device.
- Get Google Music Manager on your computer.
2. Launch the program and while setting up, you will get “Upload songs to Google Play”.
3. Choose iTunes and setup will be completed.
Now all the songs will be uploaded to Google Play Music. It is recommended to download the file as if you have not done it, you will be using mobile data while enjoying your music.
How To Get Documents From iPhone To Android?
You need to install the Google Drive app on your Mac or PC, before starting the process. On Mac, Google Drive can be found under Favorites. On Windows, you will be prompted to create a shortcut in File Explorer. So, on Windows, install the iCloud Drive app and on Mac, it will be available on Dock. Once you have both the online storage apps, you can start the process
- Open two File Explorer windows on PC or Finder windows on Mac.
- Click to open Google Drive in one window.
- Click to open iCloud Drive in another.
- Go to the top file in iCloud and click on it.
- Press and hold Shift key and click the last file in iCloud Drive.
- Now once all the files are selected, drag them to the Window where Google Drive is open.
That’s how you transfer all your documents when you switch from iPhone to Android with ease.
How To Get Apps From iPhone To Android?
Android and iOS are different platforms; therefore, you can’t transfer the apps from one platform to another. You can surely get popular apps such as games, social media apps which also have an Android version.
Therefore, if you are just thinking of buying new Android, then you must go to the Google Store and check for the apps that you have on your iPhone. If you have paid apps, then you need to buy them Android platform as well.
If you don’t find an app on the Android platform which you have on the iPhone, we are sure Android has tons of apps which you could fulfil the purpose.
Change is difficult, especially switching to a new platform is complicated. Not only you take time to adjust to the new interface but also you have to lose a few things or at least need to go an extra mile to get them back. You have to get the documents back manually and also you have to download the apps that you use. With this post, we have tried to make this migration process easier.
Note: You need to turn off iMessage before you move to Android. For that go to Settings->Message and toggle off iMessage. In case you forgot to do it then you can go to Apple website and Deregister iMessage.
So, now you can transfer your data from iPhone to Android and start using the new platform.
Trying to switch from iPhone to Android? If yes, please mention the comment section below. Also, you can subscribe to our Newsletter to get all trending tech updates.