Do you get annoyed when apps like Spotify, Chrome, etc. open automatically and run at system startup? You have come to the right place. Here we discuss how to stop these apps from running on Mac startup.
We understand cloud services, antivirus programs, Apple Mail and a few other essential apps need to run at boot time. But why does Spotify – music streaming service start? I hate when apps in a sneaky way add themselves to auto-login.
And when out of all the apps, Spotify is the one it’s annoying. Not only this, when you are unable to locate it in the Login Items, list System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items, but things also get bad.
Well, it’s not that I hate Spotify because of it. It’s just that I don’t like it to start automatically at system startup. Therefore, I looked for a solution to fix this problem and, in this article, we are going to discuss that.
Quick Way to Disable Spotify From Mac
To prevent Spotify and other apps from launching at startup, use a dedicated application for managing launch agents. We recommend using Cleanup My System for this purpose. This app lists all the programs that run automatically on your Mac, just after launch. Besides this, it offers effective modules like – Caches & Logs remover, Junk cleaner, Mail Attachments, Trash, Uninstall Apps, and more.
- To stop Spotify from launching at the time of startup, you need to download and install Cleanup My System on your Mac. It works perfectly on macOS 10.10 or later.
- Launch the program.
- Navigate to the Startup Manager module and let the app scan your Mac to find a list of all the launch agents in one place and remove them in a few clicks.
- Now, simply look for the Spotify app and get rid of it!
To learn it in detail, you need to read further.
Now, let’s learn how to stop Spotify both manually and automatically.
How to remove Spotify from Startup (Manually)
1. Launch Spotify.
2. For this, open Finder > Applications > double click Spotify.
3. Click Spotify menu > Preferences.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Show Advanced Settings
5. Here look for Startup and Windows Behaviour option.
6. Click the drop-down menu next to it and select No.
7. Quit Spotify
This will stop Spotify from opening on Mac startup.
In addition to this, you can even check if any of its corresponding entry is listed under Login Items. To learn that move to the next step.
Disabling Spotify from running at Startup via System Preferences
1. Click the Apple logo > System Preferences.
2. Hit Users & Groups.
3. In the new window that opens click the padlock to make changes.
4. You’ll now be asked to enter the admin password.
5. Now, click the Login Items tab.
6. Look if Spotify is listed. Select it and hit ‘-‘ at the bottom of the screen.
7. This will remove Spotify from the login items list on Mac.
8. So, using the above manual steps, you can stop Spotify from launching at startup.
How to prevent Spotify from opening on Mac using Cleanup My System-
To stop Spotify from launching at system startup using Cleanup My System, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Download and install Cleanup My System on your Mac.
Step 2: Launch the app and navigate to the Startup Manager module. Hit the Start Scan button.
Step 3: As soon as the scanning process gets completed, the results will be categorized under the Launch Items & Login Items section.
Step 4: By default, all the items are selected. You can deselect the ones you want to keep and hit the Clean Now button to remove the Launch items (including Spotify).
The above steps will help you stop Spotify from opening at startup. In addition to this, if you are facing issues with Mac-like:
You can use Cleanup My System for all this. This excellent Mac optimizer will help sort all the above problems. To make things easy for users Systweak the company behind it has added a One-Click Care module to instantly clean, optimize and speed up Mac performance. Using the module, you can get rid of junk files, unwanted cache, and other redundant data.
Moreover, you can use it to scan and clean old & large files, one of the top reasons for low storage space error messages. You can also use the Privacy module to eliminate digital footprints on Mac. To learn what else this product can do, try using the product!
Trust me; this is one of the best Mac cleaners and optimizers to use in 2021. So, give it a try and share your thoughts in the comments section!