Most users running the IDT High Definition Audio after updating Windows 10 or upgrading from Windows 7 or Windows 8 have reported sound issues. If you are amongst them, most likely you are facing no sound problem or getting following error message:
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
If that’s right, worry not, we’ve got it covered.
In this guide, we will explain how to Fix the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC driver problem on Windows 10.
How to Fix IDT Audio Driver Problem on Windows 10
Generally, due to driver malfunction, you face this problem. In 3 simple methods, you can fix this issue quickly.
Fix 1: Reinstall IDT High Definition Audio Driver
1. In the Windows search bar, type Device Manager.
2. Double click the search result or click Open from the right pane.
3. Now, under the Device Manager window, look for the Sound, video, and game controllers. Expand it and right-click IDT High Definition Audio CODEC > Update Driver Software.
4. Next, in the consecutive window, click Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Click Let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer > Next.
6. Here, you will see two models High Definition Audio Device and IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. Click the High Definition Audio Device. > Next.
7. You might get a warning message, click Yes. This will start the driver installation process.
This should fix the IDT High Definition Audio Driver Problem on Windows 10 if this doesn’t work move to the next fix.
Fix 2: Reinstall IDT Audio Driver in Compatibility Mode
Some system drivers released for older Windows are compatible with Windows 10. So, if you face a problem with Audio Driver on Windows 10, you can try installing IDT High Definition driver in compatibility mode. This might help resolve the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Head to the manufacturer’s site & download the latest and compatible driver version for your operating system.
2. Go to the location where the driver is downloaded. Generally, it is the Downloads folder. Look for the driver setup file.
3. Instead of double-clicking the setup file right click > Properties
4. Click Compatibility tab > select Run this program in compatibility mode for:
5. From the drop-down choose an older version of Windows > Apply > Ok.
6. Now, double click the setup file and start the installation process. Once installed, reboot the Windows operating system.
Check, system audio issue should be fixed. If not, we will move to the next resort.
Fix 3: Update Driver in just 2 clicks Using Smart Driver Care
The above steps will help fix the IDT HD Audio Driver problem on Windows. But reinstalling the driver via Device Manager is a time taking process and a bit complicated. Moreover, if you have to visit the manufacturer’s site to download the right driver, then it becomes tedious. Keeping this in mind, we have got an automatic and easy way.
Smart Driver Care is an intelligent driver updating tool for Windows. Using it, in just 2 clicks you can update outdated & incompatible drivers. This best driver updater makes installing drivers easy. Not only this, but it also eradicates the need of visiting the manufacturer’s site, knowing the operating system bit, processor, and other details. Smart Driver Care does this all automatically. Available both as a free and paid version this amazing driver updater for Windows comes with 60- days money-back guarantee.
Moreover, it even helps update outdated software. This means you can patch all security vulnerabilities quickly, the main reason for cyber attacks.
To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Smart Driver Care
2. Click Scan Now to allow Smart Driver Care to run a scan and detect problematic drivers.
3. Once you have the scan results, click Update Driver next to IDT High Definition Audio Driver. This will install the right driver. (if you are using trial version follow this) However, if you have the paid version, click Update All to fix all outdated drivers at once.
4. Restart the computer to bring changes into effect.
This will not only fix the problem related to the IDT Audio driver. But will also fix other driver-related issues that lead to BSOD, frequent system crashes, and other problems. Hope you find this article helpful. Do let us know which solution worked for you. Also, if you have any feedback, suggestion, or idea, feel free to share the same in the comments box.