Some Windows 10 users have reportedly faced problems when using headphones/earphones on their computers or laptops. Although this wasn’t an issue, but has been reported by several users after Windows 10 Creators Update.
So, if you are also facing the same problem, you can follow the solutions provided below to fix the earpiece not working on Windows 10.
4 Ways to Fix Headphone Not Working on Windows 10
? Fix 1: Set Headphone as default device
If your earphone not set as default device, then you may not hear sound from your earphone. In that case, you must set it as a default device manually.
To do so you can follow the steps below:
- Press Windows logo key and X in a combination and click on Settings from the pop-up menu.
- In Windows Settings, click on Devices.
- From the right-side, click on Sound Settings.
- Select Headphones and click the Set default button at the bottom.
In case, headphone option not available only Speakers/Headphone available. In that case, select Speakers/Headphone and click Set default.
See Also: How to Fix “Your Computer Is Low on Memory” On Windows 10?
? Fix 2: Update Audio Drivers
The problem can occur due to the audio driver. To resolve the problem, you can update the sound driver manually or you can download the Advance Driver Updater by Systweak which will help to update the outdated audio driver.
Advance Driver Updater will automatically recognize your system and find the outdated drivers for you. You can follow the steps below to Update the Audio Driver on your Windows 10.
- Download and install Advance Driver Updater.
- Launch Advanced Driver Updater and click on Start Scan button to scan for the outdated drivers.
- Click on the Update button next to the audio driver to download and install or click Update All to automatically download all the drivers that outdated on your system.
? Fix 3: Run Sound Troubleshooter
You can try sound troubleshooter to fix the problem of earpiece not working on Windows 10. To do so follow the steps below:
- Click on Windows 10 Start button and then click on gear icon.
- Now, click on the Update & Security.
- Here, click on Troubleshootfrom the left side, and then click on Playing Audio and Run the Troubleshooter from the right side.
- Next, follow the instructions as shown in the Audio Troubleshooter and it will try to diagnose the problem and fix it. If you have clicked on Play Test Sounds option.
- Now on next screen, click on the option that seems to be correct in your case. In your case, if you could not hear a sound from earpiece or not a clear sound. You can click on Bad so it will try again using Microsoft HD Audio Driver. Alternatively, you can select I didn’t hear anything.
- If Windows found a problem with Audio Driver and it will fix the issue.
Note: You can directly access the audio Troubleshooter by right-clicking on volume icon on taskbar.
Fix 4: Restart Windows Audio Service
- Press Windows logo key and R in a combination, a box will open->type “services.msc” and press Enter.
- Scroll down and find “Windows Audio” and click Start if the service is not running.
- Wait for some moment for the Process to be completed
- Now, reboot your Computer and see if the earpiece is working on your Windows 10 Computer.
That’s it! We hope the above-mentioned solutions will help fix the sound problem of earpiece/headphone in Windows 10.
Next Read: 4 Solutions for “Cannot Delete Files/Folder Error”