Whether it’s your clothes or your computer, colors attract humans like honey attracts bears. However, when colors are too bright or light, they can cause headaches and eye irritation.
If the images on your screen are shaking on their own or seem blurry, it needs immediate attention as it is the medium to communicate with your computer.
There could be various reasons for discoloration and distortion of colors on your monitor. Let us try to fix the issue with a step by step guide to troubleshooting and figuring out what could be the reasons and how to fix the problem.
In this article, we will discuss how to fix color monitor issues in Windows 7.
1.Turn off the Monitor
Turn off the power of your monitor, wait for 15 seconds and then, turn it back on. Check if the screen is still distorted or not. If yes, then move ahead.
Note: If the issues reappear, especially if it’s color related, leave the screen off for 30 minutes before powering it back on. It will help if your system is overheated.
- Restart your computer
Close all applications and save your work. Now restart the computer. Restarting the computer can solve all the temporary issues as it closes all the background apps that are hogging the RAM. Turn it back on and check if the issue persists.
- Make sure the wires are tightly connected:
Check the cables connecting your monitor and tower are tightly plugged in. Unplug the cable completely and then plug it back in.
- Adjust On Screen settings:
You can set the color settings to factory default levels to correct the discoloration issue of your computer monitor. Apart from this, you can customize the color and brightness settings on your own if you know what is wrong the color.
- Adjust The Color Quality Settings:
You can adjust the color quality setting for the video card to fix the issue. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Start menu and locate Control Panel.
Note: You can also open Control Panel by pressing Windows and R key together to get a Run box and type Control Panel to open Control Panel.
- Go to Appearance and Personalization section, click Display.
- Click on Display Settings from the list on the left-hand side panel.
- You will get another window, Change the Appearance of your display, click on Advanced Settings.
- Now to change the color depth, go to Monitor tab and select True Color (32 bit) from the drop-down menu of Colors option.
- To Select from a List of All Display Modes, go to Adapter Mode and click on List All Modes.
- It is recommended to select 1920 by 1080, True Color(32 bit), 60 Hertz.
- Select an option and click Ok to save the changes.
- Hardware issues
If the issue persists even after all these troubleshooting steps, you must check the monitor and video card for a physical problem.You can try switching to a different monitor and if colors still appear fuzzy, replace the video card to get rid of the issue.
These are few ways to fix the color monitor problems in Windows 7. Try them and let us know what worked for you!
For more updates and troubleshooting steps for your gadgets, please subscribe to our posts and follow our blog.