With iOS 11, several new features and improvements have been introduced for iPhone and iPad. Night Mode has been a feature of iPhone since iOS 9.3. The feature makes looking at the screen much easier on your eyes at night time. The app named flux was developed for iPhone which tinges a warm color to your phone’s screen. Strangely, Apple banned it and copied it named it Night Shift and included it as a native feature for the iPhone.
If you are used to the feature then with the installation of iOS 11, you might wonder that how to enable it as a lot of things got changed in Control Centre which includes hiding the night shift feature on the cover.
Let’s check how to enable Night Shift from the new Control Centre.
- You can swipe upwards to bring up the Control Centre.
- Look out for the brightness shortcut.
- Now tap and press on the brightness icon, which will act as the 3D touch and take you to another screen, giving you the option to enable Night Shift mode. Tap on its icon and it will turn orange.
With this feature enabled, the intensity of blue light is reduced making it soothing to look at the screen at the time of night. Besides, you can also enable the feature traditionally, Go to Settings->Display & Brightness ->Night Shift-> On.
Moreover, you can also change the intensity of light with the Smart Invert. It is an accessibility feature which inverts the colors of everything on the screen. This option is great if you want to keep the things colorful as they are.
- Let’s take a look how to do that:
- Go to Settings, then General.
- Locate Accessibility
- Go to Display Accommodations.
- Now, tap on Invert Colours
- You will get Smart Invert option on the next screen with the toggle switch beside it.
- Slide the toggle to right to activate it.
Once turned on, the colors of the screen and text will invert.
Next Read: How to Use Apple Watch’s Night Stand mode
In this way, you can turn the night shift mode on or you can invert the colors of the screen to soothe your eyes at night.