Downloading apps from the official Google Play Store is a pretty simple process. Errors like “Not available for your device” or “Incompatible with your device” can interrupt it. Well, these messages mean you can’t install the apps, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use them on your device.
Finding and downloading APK versions of those specific apps can help you install the applications manually. Moreover, if you’re an app developer, having APK files downloaded on your computer can help you understand the codes used in the development of an application.
Whatever your reason to download APK from Google Play Store to PC, read this article to learn multiple ways!
Why would I want to install an APK File?
Android Package Kit (APK) is a dedicated file format that you can use for distributing and installing mobile apps. But why would anyone want to have this type of file? Some major reasons are listed below:
Since app updates take a lot of time to arrive over the air, various developers release APK files of the beta version ahead of time. This provides users early access to all the brand-new features that otherwise wouldn’t have been available to them. With an APK file, you can instantly have a fresh version on your device.
Alternatively, if you are not satisfied with your favorite app after the update & you wish to roll back to the older version, you can use the APK file for installing it.
In case you wish to install apps that are not available in your region, you can quickly get your hands on the app’s APK file to use it on your device.
Keep reading to learn how to download apk from Google Play.
3 Ways to Download APK Files From Google Play Store To PC (2023)
Try out the following workarounds and learn how to download APK files on a PC:
1. Use Browser Extension
If you tend to download APK files more than often, then you can consider getting a browser extension for your Firefox or Chrome. There are a lot of extensions available on both the browsers. You can install APK Downloader by developer CodeKiem. The extension is compatible with both Firefox and Google Chrome.
Note: The extension or add-on works fine with both Firefox and Chrome.
Chrome: APK Downloader
- To get the extension, go to Chrome Web Store- type APK Downloader in search box.
- Once you get APK Downloader, click it and then click Add to Chrome.
- Now that the extension is added, you have to enter your email address. (make sure that you enter the email address associated with Google Play Store). Moreover, it will ask you to enter Device ID.
Note: If you don’t know your Device ID, you can download Device ID app on Android and get the ID. With the Device ID, you will get a list of email address and their passwords, you can choose to use them to login to APK Downloader.
- Go to Google Play Store and search the app for which you want to download APK file on PC.
- When the app description page opens, click ‘Install’ button and you will get ‘Download APK’ option. Click to initiate a download of the APK file.
2. Use A Website
- Getting an extension on your PC to download APK is for regular users but if you want to get APK file not that often, then using a website is a better option. It is rather a less complicated process.
- All you need to do is go to Google Play Store and then navigate to the app.
- Copy the app URL address or link (you will get it from the address bar of your browser).
- Once you have copied, go to APKPure and paste the link in the search box at the upper-right corner of the webpage.
- You will be redirected to the page with the Download APK, green colored button to get the APK file on PC. Save it to the desired location on your PC.
You will get an APK from google play on your PC. Whenever you want to install the app on your Android. Follow these steps:
- Locate Settings-> Security-> Unknown Sources
- Connect your Android phone to your PC with a USB cable. Your Android device will come up as USB storage device.
- Transfer the APK files to your Android device to the desired location.
- Now, navigate to the location from File Manager app on your phone. Tap on the APK file to initiate the installation. Follow the onscreen instructions to get it done.
3. Download Apps From Google Play Store Alternatives
Google Play Store is the official app store for Android, but it’s not the only platform that hosts a variety of applications and games. There are dedicated platforms like APKMirror, Aptoide, F-Droid, Uptodown, and more that allow users to fetch the APK files for the applications and games they wish to download. You can navigate any of the platforms mentioned above and download APK from Google Play to your PC in a couple of clicks.
We hope this guide assists you in the entire process of “how to download apk files on PC.” Our personal recommended way is to use a browser extension like APK Downloader by APK Combo to download APK files quickly on your computer easily. You can also head towards the Best Google Play Store Alternatives shared above to get your favorite apps’ or game’s APK files directly downloaded on your PC/Laptop.
You can easily download APK files to your PC from Google Play Store. Try these workarounds and let us know if you face any issues while performing any steps.
FAQs: More Related To How To Download APK From Google Play (2023)
Q1. Can APK files harm my device?
To be honest, APK files can sometimes harm devices if downloaded from unreliable sources. A person with malicious intentions might have modified the very APK file you’re trying to download. And, later use it to inject malware, trojan horse, and other infections on your device. Hence, make sure you download APK files on your PC from trustworthy and authentic websites.
Q2. Are APK files legal?
Yes! It’s legal to download APK files on your device. In fact, not many people know but the APK file format is developed by the tech giant Google itself.
Q3. How do I find APK files on my Android device?
To find the downloaded APK file on your smartphone, locate the folder in your File Manager/Explorer app, by following the path – – /data/app/directory (for user-installed apps) and /system/app (for pre-installed apps).