Discord is a freeware VoIP application designed for gamers and is the best option when it comes to interacting with friends while gaming. This application has a sleek look and functionality somewhat like Skype and Telegram. The idea behind Discord was to make communication easy but this app isn’t perfect. Occasionally it goes down, sometimes supremacists, Neo-Nazis use it as a platform to spread their word. Due to these and other reasons people are looking for ways to delete Discord accounts. Whatever the reason, this guide will walk you through how to delete a Discord account.
Before that, it’s worth taking there’s a difference between disabling and deleting your Discord account.
Like you do with social networks instead of deleting the account you disable it the same way you can do with Discord account. This way, if you decide to come back to Discord you can, without wasting time.
How to Delete Discord Account
- Step 1: Launch Discord app
- Step 2: Log in to your account
- Step 3: Go to User Settings > My Account > Edit
- Step 4: Click Disable Account
Detailed Steps to Delete Discord Account
If you have decided to bid adieu to Discord, you’ll need to do little work beforehand. Especially if you are server owner you’ll first need to delete Discord server or transfer the ownership. Because unless you do so, you will not be able to move ahead.
Once the ownership is transferred or you have deleted the server you can start with the process to delete Discord account.
- Launch Discord app.
- Login to your account. Now, go to User Settings > My Account > Edit.
- Here, you’ll see the option to Disable Account. If you have second thoughts about deleting Discord account, click on disable your account. However, if you are sure about deleting your Discord account enter the password when prompted.
- Once you enter the password, you’ll be prompted to add a six-digit 2FA code. Once done press Delete Account. This is the last chance, once you press Delete Account there’s no going back. So choose wisely.
However, if you choose to disable the account on your mobile devices you will need to follow the steps below.
Disabling Discord Account on Android and iOS
Disabling Discoed accounts on both iOS and Android is not simple as it was on the desktop.
To disable Discord account either on Android or iOS you will need to follow the steps below:
- Launch Discord app.
- Login to your account > open server list.
- Tap the Cog icon next to your account name to open User Settings.
- Tap Account > three dots.
- Tap Disable Account or Delete Account according to the operation you wish to perform.
Once you select either of the options you’ll be redirected to a support page where you need to put your request to disable to delete Discord account.
How to Transfer Ownership
To transfer ownership of Server before deleting Discord account follow the steps below:
- Open Discord app.
- Click the server name and open Server Settings.
- Here on the left side under User Management click on the Members. This is a big decision to make. Once you decide who to give the ownership select the user name and click Transfer Ownership.
Once the transfer is complete, you will become a regular member of the server.
How to Delete a Server
To delete a Discord server, head to your Server Settings > Delete Server > enter your password.
This way you will be able to delete the Discord server. Wasn’t it simple? Using the steps explained above you can disable or delete your Discord account easily. The best part about deleting the account is now no longer you need to face all the issues. Moreover, if you decide to use Discord again you can create the account.
Hope you find the steps easy. Please do share your feedback and let us know what you think. Also, share the post if anyone is looking for ways to delete Discord account.