Want to update or edit your Profile Name on Facebook?
Whether you’ve just gotten married, or just want to change your name on Facebook for fun. Here are the steps to change the profile name on Facebook.
Facebook doesn’t need any introduction. It is a popular social networking site that allows its users to communicate, share photographs, post their views, watch a small video, and chat live.
It gives control over what users want to do. In addition to this, certain people even use Facebook to spread their businesses. This is why sometimes they would want to change their name on Facebook.
Before diving in, let’s look at Facebook’s name policy. These are:
- You cannot include symbols, numbers while changing the name on Facebook.
- No unusual capitalization, repeated characters, punctuations.
- Cannot use characters from multiple languages, words or phrases while editing the Facebook name.
- No using offensive words or phrases.
To get detailed information about changing the profile name, you can click here to know more about the Facebook policy on it.
Now that we know about the change name policy of Facebook. Let’s use Facebook’s feature to change your name on Facebook.
But be warned: you can’t keep changing name.
What Names Are Allowed On Facebook?
In addition to the above guidelines, there’s another piece of advice when you want to change the profile name on Facebook.
- A profile name should be easy to remember and call as it will help connect with people.
- Facebook username should match the ID or document from Facebook’s ID list. It is not necessary that it should be an exact match. It can be your nickname or a variation of your actual name.
So, these were certain guidelines on the Facebook name change. Now, read on to learn how to change the name on Facebook.
How to Change the Name on Facebook
To change your name on Facebook on a computer, follow the steps below:
1. Open Facebook.
2. Click and select Settings from the menu to open the Facebook Settings page.
3. Click Edit next to your Facebook name.
4. Enter the new name and click Review Change.
5. Next, you will be asked to enter your Facebook password. Enter it, and click Save Changes.
Using these simple steps you can change your name on Facebook. However, if you face any problem in changing your name fill out this form to let Facebook know. Remember, you can edit the name on Facebook every 60 days.
How to Change the Name on the Facebook App
To change your name on the Facebook app or Facebook lite, follow the steps below:
1. Open Facebook.
2. Next, tap on the horizontal lines present at the top right corner of the Facebook app.
3. Now, look for Settings & Privacy > Settings.
4. Tap Personal Information > Name.
5. Edit name on Facebook, and tap Review Change.
6. Enter the Facebook password when asked, and tap Save Changes.
Using these simple steps, you can change your name on Facebook. If you face any problem, contact Facebook by clicking here. Remember you can change the name every 2 months. Hence before clicking on Save Changes, make sure you have entered the name correctly.
In addition to this, you can also add another name to your Facebook account. To learn how to do that read further.
How to add another name to the Facebook account?
Facebook not only allows you to change the name on Facebook, it even allows you to add another name to your account. To add a nickname, professional name follow the steps below:
1. Open your Facebook account.
2. Next, click your profile name, and select About.
3. Now, from the left pane click on Details About You > under OTHER NAMES click Add a nickname, a birth name.
4. Select the Name type from the drop-down and enter the name.
5. Check the box before Show at top of profile to display your other name at the top of your profile.
6. Click Save Changes, and you’re done.
This way you can add another name to your Facebook.
So, this a quick guide on how to change the name on Facebook. Follow the step by step instructions, and edit your profile name or add another name. Do whatever you like, just remember, once it is done you will have to keep it for 2 months.