Say goodbye to Netflix and chill
I’m no different than you. I too love watching original content, latest movies, and TV series.
But when this Golden Age of television directly opposes everything, I want to accomplish I had to look for a way to eliminate it from my life.
I am talking about Netflix, the most renowned on-demand streaming service which has been looked-for collection of both licenses and original content. A service that can be accessed from any device with a screen and internet connection. Though not the cheapest of all the online streaming services it is the oldest and has something for everyone.
But this doesn’t mean we can let it run our lives. Addiction to anything be it screen content is not great. It affects our health and disconnects us from friends and family. To cure this obsessive binging many of us use apps but it does not always work. Therefore, if you have decided to get rid of this addiction why not remove the source.
Besides, there can be other reasons why you would want to cancel Netflix. They are:
- You want to cut down on your monthly costs
- Switching to another TV streaming service
Whatsoever, if you are ready for it lets learn how to cancel Netflix.
Here’s how to do it.
How to Cancel Netflix
Like other streaming services Netflix does not hide anything, canceling it is a simple process. To cancel Netflix, follow the steps below:
- Open Netflix in your browser.
- Sign in to your Netflix account.
- Click your profile icon and select “My Account” from the drop-down.
- Once you are on the “My Account” page, you will see all account details like playback preferences, plan details, etc. To cancel Netflix click “CANCEL MEMBERSHIP” under “Membership & Billing”.
- You’ll now be redirected to a confirmation page click Finish Cancellation to complete the process.
Note: If you are paying less as you joined Netflix earlier, canceling it will mean you will have to pay higher once you decide to again join Netflix.
Wait, where is the cancel button?
After following the steps explained above, if you are unable to see the Cancel Membership button, it seems you signed up for Netflix via a third-party. This means you will have to contact them to cancel the subscription. Netflix’s My Account page will not be able to help in canceling Netflix.
How to Cancel Netflix on Android
Again canceling Netflix on Android is not going to be difficult. The process to cancel the Netflix subscription is straightforward. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Netflix app on your Android device.
- Swipe left to open the menu.
- Look for “Account”, by scrolling down.
- Under “Membership & Billing”, you can see “Cancel Membership” tap it
- You’ll be redirected to a confirmation page.
- Tap “Finish Cancellation” to complete canceling Netflix account.
How to Cancel your Netflix on iPhone and iPad
Here’s how to cancel Netflix subscription on iPhone:
- Launch Netflix app.
- Tap menu button in the top left.
- Look for “Account” > Membership & Billing > Cancel Membership > Finish Cancellation.
Using these simple steps, you can cancel Netflix and can deactivate Netflix subscription.
In addition to this, if you have any other questions regarding Netflix account read further. We’ve covered all the common questions:
How to cancel your Netflix free trial
If you are using Netflix as a trial user and don’t want to pay for it, you can cancel the account in the same way as discussed above.
Note: If you fail to cancel your Netflix account before the free trial runs out, you’ll be charged for next month’s streaming. Netflix does not send out any reminder.
How to delete Netflix profile
To delete a profile created on your Netflix account, head to your account icon > Manage Profiles.
This will show different profiles. Tap the pencil on the profile you want to delete.
Here you can edit the profile or can simply tap Delete profile
Once a profile is deleted it’s viewing history also gets deleted automatically.
How to cancel Netflix subscription
To cancel Netflix subscription, follow the steps below:
- Launch Netflix app.
- Tap account icon > ‘Account’.
- Tap Cancel Membership under the Membership & Billing section.
- Finish Cancellation
Can I delete Netflix viewing history?
To delete Netflix viewing history scroll down to the ‘My Profile’ section > ‘My Activity’ > ‘Hide all’. That is all.
Note: You can undo this within 24 hours.
What if I want to restore my Netflix account?
So you want to undo canceling Netflix?
Netflix again makes this easy as it keeps your account and the preferences saved for up to 10 months from the last payment date. This means you can start from where you left.
How to cancel iTunes billing for Netflix
- Head to Settings > > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID > Subscriptions > Netflix subscription.
- Tap cancel subscription at the bottom of the page.
You’ll be unsubscribed from Netflix, and you will not be billed once the current billing cycle ends.
Can I watch Netflix after I cancel my Netflix subscription?
Yes, Netflix subscription will end after your current billing period or free trial period.
If I cancel, what happens to my gift card balance?
If you use Netflix gift cards to pay for the subscription and have unused balance it will be available even after you cancel.
This is all for now. We hope we answered most of your questions and you are able to cancel Netflix and deactivate subscription. If there is anything else that you would want us to write on do leave us a comment.
Do share and follow us on social media to read and get more interesting articles like this.