Have you ever contacted your bank or a customer service number and been put on hold for hours? Sometimes, there’s a recording saying, “Your call is very important to us.” Thankfully, Google understood users’ frustration to be placed on hold and launched a “Hold for Me” feature for Pixel 3, Pixel 4(5G) and Pixel 5 users. As of now, itis only available in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
What is “Hold for Me” in your Pixel phone app?
Google’s Artificial Intelligence technology Duplex-powered “Hold for Me”, distinguishes between a recorded voice message (such as “Your call is very important to us, please stay on the line”) and a live customer service agent. . When a representative is detected, Google Assistant will let you know that they are available to speak and it will let you know that it’s time to talk again.
Google’s artificial intelligence will silence the call as the Hold for Me feature waits on hold for users. Additionally, users can check the real-time subtitles on their phone’s display to confirm what’s going on. The phone app will also record the voice from the organization or whoever has put users on hold, and later it will display a transcription of what was said. After 48 hours, the recording and the transcript will automatically be wiped from your phone.
Points to note before enabling “Hold for Me”
- You must not have your phone on vibrate or silent.
- Audio cannot be played while it is active.
- Oftentimes, Google assistant “Hold for Me” fails to recognize when you release a hold.
How to Enable Google Assistant “Hold for Me”?
- Open the Google Phone app.
- Tap on the “three dots” icon from the top left corner of the screen.
- Choose “Settings” & when the drop-down menu appears hit the “Hold for Me” feature.
- Then enable it by hitting the toggle switch right in front of it.
How to use Google assistant “Hold for Me”?
- While on call when someone puts you on hold, tap “Hold for Me” and hit the “Start” button.
- The “someone’s waiting to talk to you” prompt comes on your display when a customer service agent enters the line.
- Tap on “Return to call” to end the Google Assistant Hold for Me.
To Wrap This Up
So, this is how you can enable and use “Hold for Me” on your Google Pixel devices. If you weren’t aware of this feature of your Pixel device then you are now and if you are already using this feature then let us know your experience with it. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.