Many Apple consumers also have laptops running on Windows. And there is room for improvement in the compatibility between the two systems. If you are one of those users and looking for a way to view iCloud photos on a Windows PC then you are at the right place. It’s no longer difficult to access iCloud Photos on a Windows computer!
By the end of this month (Nov 22), all users should have access to the long-awaited Microsoft Photos-iCloud Photos integration, which is currently rolling out.
Read Also: Unable to Purchase Apps on Microsoft Store? 6 Hacks to Try!
Sync iCloud Photos App with Windows 11 Photos App
Microsoft has released a new update for the Photos application by which iCloud Photos can be integrated seamlessly. Microsoft will gradually provide an update of the Photos app for all users worldwide. Users of Windows 11 should visit the Microsoft store and update the Photos app if they don’t already have it.
Additionally, an update to the iCloud for Windows application has also been released for stable synchronization with the Microsoft Photos application.
Read Also: Microsoft Store Blocked on Windows 10? 5 Ways to Unblock!
How to Access Your iCloud Photos on Windows 11 PC
Some of you may already have the upgraded Photos app on your device since the update is now rolling out. Now launch the Photos application on your Windows PC/Laptop.
- If you have updated the app a welcome message with information on the iCloud Photos integration within the Photos app will be sent to you. To shut down the window, click “Next” and then adhere to the other instructions.
- For updating your Photos app manually, press the “Microsoft Store” option from the Taskbar.
- Now from the bottom-left press the “Library” icon to update the app.
- Head back toward the home page of the Microsoft Store and type “iCloud” in the search bar and hit the “Enter” key. Now click on the “Get” button.
- Open the app, then use your Apple ID to log into iCloud.
- After that, turn on the “iCloud Photos” feature in the application.
- Choose between “Shared Photos” and “iCloud Photos” or both and then hit “Done.”
- Then, to view iCloud Photos on Windows PC, click “Apply.”
- That’s it; your iCloud Photos will now sync with Windows 11 Photos app automatically.
Read Also: How to Transfer iCloud Photos to Google Photos
To Wrap This Up
So, this is how you can sync/access your iCloud photos on Windows 11 PC. Because Microsoft’s Photos application was not designed to work with iCloud Photos, Windows PC users had to handle their iPhone photos via Windows Explorer for years. But this is not the case anymore! With the updates for the Microsoft photos app and iCloud app for Windows you can easily view your iCloud photos on Windows PC. Also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.