Bothered by Logitech Download Assistant running at startup?
No problem, here we will explain a step-by-step guide to disable Logitech Download Assistant (LDA) from Startup.
Logitech, the company that develops the best computer accessories needs no introduction. From webcams to keyboards, mice, headsets, and more, it offers almost everything and is trusted by millions of users. To keep this name and to offer timely updates, most of the Logitech products come with Logitech Download Assistant. But, when this assistant starts showing up at every startup users get annoyed.
If you are among them or someone you know is troubled due to Logitech Download Assistant launching at startup read this guide this the end. In this troubleshooting article, we will explain how to disable Logitech Download Assistant from running at startup.
What is Logitech Download Assistant
As the name explains, Logitech Download Assistant is a software developed by team Logitech and is used to download and install new updates. This helps keep Logitech programs up-to-date. However, when it automatically runs at the system startup, users get annoyed. Not only this, some even consider it as malware. Therefore, if you are looking for ways to disable it here we go.
Ways to disable Logitech Download Assistant running at startup
Method 1: Disabling Logitech Download Assistant via Task Manager
The easiest and simplest method to stop Logitech Download Assistant from opening at every system startup is to use Task Manager. To learn how to do that, follow the steps below:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager
2. Click the Startup tab and look for Logitech Download Assistant.
3. Select it and click the Disable button present at the bottom right corner. Alternatively, you can right-click and select Disable from the context menu.
4. Restart the system, Logitech Download Assistant should now not run at startup.
In case you don’t like going to Task Manager and finding the Logitech Download Assistant entry, you can try running Advanced PC Cleanup. This all-in-one system optimization utility allows you to disable Logitech Download Assistant and other unwanted tasks running at startup. Moreover, using it you can clean the PC in no time and keep it protected from malware attacks.
To use Advanced PC Cleanup and disable Logitech Download Assistant, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced PC Cleanup
2. Run the professional junk cleaner and speed booster tool for Windows
3. Click the Startup Manager option present in the left pane.
4. Wait for the module to scan the system and list applications running at system startup.
5. Look for Logitech Download Assistant
6. Select it and click the Bin icon next to it. This will disable Logitech Download Assistant from launching automatically at startup.
7. Restart the system, Logitech Download Assistant should now not run at startup.
In addition to this, you can use Advanced PC Cleanup to remove junk files, clean invalid registry entries, scan the system for malware infections, secure identity exposing traces, and a lot more.
Method 2: Disabling the Logitech Download Assistant from Settings
By disabling the notifications from Windows settings, some users have managed to disable Logitech Download Assistant. To learn how to to do that, follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
2. Click System
3. Select Notifications & actions from the left pane.
4. Scroll down and look for Logitech under, Get notifications from these senders.
5. If enabled toggle off the setting.
6. Restart the system LDA should now no longer run at system startup.
In case Logitech is not listed, move to the next step.
Method 3: Deleting LogiLDA.dll file from System32
This is a permanent way to stop Logitech Download Assistant from running at startup. To use this fix, we will delete the LogiLDA.dll from the System32 folder. Once that is done, Logitech Download Assistant will no longer show and run at startup.
Note: Deleting this file will not conflict with the functioning of any Logitech products or main Logitech module. However, once the file is deleted, you will have to manually look for the Logitech product update, as the automatic feature will no longer work.
To remove the file follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer
2. Look for LogiLDA.dll in the following directory:
3. Right-click LogiLDA.dll file > Delete
4. Reboot the system, LDA will no longer appear or run automatically at system startup.
That’s it using these simple steps or Advanced PC Cleanup you can disable Logitech Download Assistant from running at system startup. If you are ok with downloading updates manually then disabling Logitech Download Assistant is fine. Also, doing so will save the system’s memory because fewer programs will run at boot time. If you find the information helpful, upvote it, and please share it with friends and family. In case you have any questions or suggestions related to any technical issues please feel free to drop your questions and feedback in the comments box.