Going by the title of this post, you might be wondering why or when I would need to convert HEIC to PNG on Windows PC.
You have captured a spectacular high-resolution image for your blog using an iPhone. But, the trouble lies ahead of you as the image is in HEIC format. You would need to convert your HEIC file to PNG format to view it on a PC. In this post, we will dive deeper into a tool that can help you easily convert HEIC to PNG.
Why Is There A Need To Convert HEIC To PNG?
HEIC file format, short for High-Efficiency image container, is a new format used by Apple (beginning from iOS 11) and the latest Android versions. The best part about this format is that it takes up 50% less space as compared to JPGs or PNGs. Despite being an efficient file format, not all platforms and software can read this format. If you are a Windows user, you’ll observe that as soon as you try to open an image with HEIC format, you won’t be able to. So, what would you do?
You can use third-party software to convert HEIC to PNG. One such tool is HEIC Converter from Tweaking Technologies.
Features of HEIC Converter
There are multiple reasons why you might want to use HEIC Converter to convert HEIC images to PNG or JPEG on your Windows PC –
1. It’s Fast and Easy To Use
You needn’t be a tech expert to use this conversion tool. It is easy to use and lets you convert HEIC image files to PNG or JPEG in an instant.
2. Allows Batch Conversion
You can convert as many HEIC files to either PNG or JPEG on your Windows PC while keeping the quality of the image intact.
3. You Can Convert HEIC To JPG and PNG
With the help of HEIC Converter, you can either convert HEIC to PNG or JPEG.
4. Several Options to Manage Image Quality
This option is only available when converting HEIC to JPG. Here you can choose the image output quality – Very Low, Low, Medium, High, or Very High.
5. Select Desired Output Path
When choosing a location on your drive to save the converted images, you can save the output files in the same directory from where they were taken. Or, you can select a different file directory.
6. Preserve EXIF Data
HEIC Converter gives you the option to either preserve or remove EXIF data from the converted image.
How To Convert HEIC To PNG On Windows PC
To convert HEIC to PNG using HEIC Converter follow the steps mentioned below –
- Download, install, and launch HEIC Converter.
- You can either drag and drop HEIC images into the interface. Or, you can click on Add Folder or Add HEIC Images to add the files.
- In the next Window, under Conversion Settings, click on Format and choose the image format in which you want to convert your HEIC image. In our case, we will select PNG.
- Select your Output Path. Here you can save the converted files to the same directory or you can choose a location of your choice.
- Click on the Convert button to initiate the conversion process.
- You can also click on the Additional Settings option and select File Overwrite Action, where you can choose what to do in case files already exist. Also, you can expedite or slow down the conversion process by moving the Max Thread slider. The higher the number, the more resources will be used.
What Is The Difference Between the Free and Paid Versions?
The free version of HEIC Converter for Windows lets you convert up to 15 images for free. To convert more images, you can upgrade to the full version.
See how easy it is to convert HEIC files to PNG in a few clicks. If you found the post and the tool helpful, let us know in the comments section below. For more such content, keep reading WeTheGeek. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Flipboard, Instagram, and Twitter.