If your work involves juggling a lot of data and numbers, you probably use Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets. But, do you know it is always a good practice to convert Excel files to PDF before you share them with someone else?
In this blog, we’ll discuss how you can convert Excel files to PDF. But, before we discuss the various ways to convert Excel files to PDF, let’s look at why you may want to convert your Excel sheet to PDF.
Why Convert Excel to PDF?
- PDFs make Excel sheets secure and uneditable. So that the next person accessing it will not be able to change the format, formulas, or manipulate the data.
- PDFs are well compatible with all devices. By converting your Excel sheet to PDF, you can evaluate them on any device you want, whether a computer or smartphone.
- You can increase the security of your PDF by applying a password to it.
- PDFs look way more professional and engaging.
- PDFs are a great option if you want to file Excel reports in the long run.
The Work Doesn’t End With Converting Files
So, once you have converted your Excel files to PDF with the help of the methods we have mentioned below, you probably have some more tasks cut out for you. For instance, you probably have converted another JPG file to PDF that you want to add next to the converted Excel file. And, before you send it off to your colleagues, you also want to password-protect it. And, since you have noticed that the PDF pages are not arranged in an orderly manner, you also are tasked with reordering them. Sounds like a lot of work, right?
A PDF Management tool like Advanced PDF Manager can make these tasks a cakewalk for you. Have a look at the screenshots below.
In the context of the scenario mentioned above, you can –
- Add pages
- Reorder pages
- Password protect your PDF files
And; that’s not the only thing you can do, you can also –
- Merge and split PDFs
- Rotate PDFs
- Duplicate pages
And do a lot more. We have covered a comprehensive review of this tool, where we have covered everything from features, pricing and various other aspects. So, if managing several PDFs and their pages is what’s sending you shivers, try Advanced PDF Manager now!
How To Convert Excel Files To PDF
When converting an Excel sheet to PDF, you should also have complete control over what you want to convert to PDF. Maybe it is just one sheet or a specific area in a sheet that you want to convert. In the methods given below, we will also discuss how you can do that –
1. Using Microsoft Excel
The first method we will discuss to convert Microsoft Excel files to PDF doesn’t require any third-party application. You can efficiently perform this task from right within Microsoft Excel. When saving an Excel file as a PDF, you can also choose the page range, sheets/ selection you want to publish, and various other options.
1. Open the Excel sheet you want to convert to PDF format.
2. Click on File
3. Click on Save As.
4. Select a location on your hard drive where you want to save the converted PDF file.
5. From the Save as type dropdown, select PDF.
6. As soon as you will select PDF, click on Options.
7. Select what you want to publish – Selection, Entire workbook, or Active sheets.
2. Using Google Sheets
Google Drive is one of the popular cloud storage platforms where we often upload files to access them anywhere. And, If you are someone who frequently works on Google Sheets or upload your Excel files on Google Drive, you don’t need to spend a penny to convert your . XLS or ..XLSXs files to PDF. Here is how you can simply change your spreadsheets to PDF format –
1. Open the Excel file in Google Sheets you want to download as a PDF file.
2. Click on File.
3. Click on the right arrow key next to Download.
4. Select PDF (.pdf)
5. Once you click on PDF (.pdf), select what you want to publish. As you can see from the screenshot below, you can choose what area you want to publish, your page size, orientation, and various other aspects.
6. Once you have made the selection. Click on Export.
3. Using A Third-Party Converter
Another easy way to convert Excel to PDF is to use a third-party converter like EaseUS PDF Converter. A third-party converter like EaseUS PDF Converter comes loaded with various features such as –
- You can convert PDFs to various file formats and vice versa
- You can split and merge PDFs
- Manage PDFs that you want to convert right from the interface.
- Preview PDFs before publishing them.
- Unlock PDFs
Here is how you can convert your xlsx or xls file with EaseUS PDF Converter –
1. Download, install and run EaseUS PDF Converter.
2. Open EaseUS PDF Converter.
3. Click on Office to PDF from the left-hand side of the interface.
4. Click on Open Files from the right-hand side of the interface or drag and drop Excel files that you want to convert.
5. Click on the Convert button.
How Much Will EaseUS PDF Converter Cost Me?
4. Convert Excel Files To PDF Online
Last but not least, you can convert your Excel files to PDF using an online converter. For this post, we are going to use SodaPDF, which is one of the best converters online. It also allows you to pick files from Dropbox and Google Drive too –
1. Visit SodaPDF
2. Click on Choose File to select the Excel file you want to convert to PDF. You can even upload the Excel file you want to convert by dragging and dropping it onto the website.
Hope you can easily convert your Excel files with the help of the methods discussed in this post. If you found value in this post, share your views in the comments section below and let us know which of the above methods is your most preferred.