Loom is a specially designed software used for recording screens and webcams. It can be used on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Since it comes with many features while recording the screen, it has gained popularity among users. However, Loom software also has many disadvantages, making people look for Loom alternatives. The users face several technical and other issues like using the web browser option is difficult due to occasional crashes. Thereby encouraging users to look for the best Loom alternatives, we take a look at the best options available in this blog.
Why use Screen Recording Software?
Screen recording software is used to record the entirety (or portions) of the screen on your device. The recording can include cursor movements, clicks, taps, and on-screen activities. The best screen recorder for you will be one that can meet all of your requirements.
Qualities for a Good Screen Recorder
The minimum eligibility criteria that screen recording tools must meet include:
- Is easy-to-use
- Multiple recording modes – the complete screen, a particular area, or one window
- Includes system & mic audio
- Comes up with several built-in export options
Best Loom Alternative for Windows and Mac To Use In 2022
This write-up discusses a few of the alternatives to Loom that can help complete the task more effectively. Let’s find out about these Loom alternatives in this list –
1. TweakShot Screen Recorder (Windows)
TweakShot Screen Recorder offers the quickest way to capture the screen in different modes – Full Screen, Single window, Specific region, Webcam. It lets you take the screenshots while recording and gives the option to add customized watermarks, add mouse movements, screen overlays, and system and microphone audio.
This 4K/HD screen recording software also helps you save the video recording in various formats such as AVI, MP4, and FLV. You can also use the tool to customize the video size and quality, and thus great for professionals. It can be great for gamers and budding artists who want to use the screen overlay feature to record screens along with a webcam.
Key Highlights: TweakShot Screen Recorder
- Customize the watermark in the videos
- Use Auto-Stop and Auto-split features.
- Extract audio file from screen recording.
- Capture a selected portion, full screen, selected window, or webcam.
Price: Free trial, $39.50/year
Compatibility – Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8 and 7.
2. EaseUS RecExperts (Windows/macOS)
What makes EaseUS RecExperts one of the best Loom alternatives? The software has everything required for a screen recorder—it lets you preview the recordings through a built-in player or helps you edit them for further use. An integrated snipping tool enables you to take a screenshot regardless of the software, browser, or Windows you use.
EaseUS RecExperts also helps you record YouTube videos, Zoom meetings, games, etc. It also comes up with a “Recordings” folder to save the screenshots that you have taken. The users can change the quality, frame rate, bit rate, and sampling rate.
Key highlights: EaseUS RecExperts
- It can be used to record VoIP calls.
- Supports taking screenshots while recording.
- Record audio as well as on-screen movements.
- Different output formats, including MP4, MP3, GIF, etc.
Price: Free Trial, $49.95 per year.
Compatibility – Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, macOS 10.13 or later.
3. Camtasia (Windows & Mac)
Camtasia is a full-fledged screen recorder and video editing software that can easily create and record video on a desktop. Like Loom, Camtasia also helps record the entire screen in simple steps. The screen recording software helps record many resources like YouTube videos, training videos, and instructional videos, to name a few. There are multiple features available that can be useful to all users.
Key highlights: Camtasia
- Sketch motion feature to draw and highlight important information in the video.
- Permits adding transitions to the video.
- Good for capturing online classes or webinars.
- Grab the attention of the users with custom visuals and annotations
Price: Free trial, $340
Compatibility – Windows 11, 10, macOS 10.14 and above
4. Snagit (Windows & Mac)
Snagit is one of the free Loom alternatives used to record screens and webcams on the desktop. Similar to Loom, Snagit can also record the screen and webcam. Due to its friendly interface like Loom, the users can quickly check all the function buttons. It would not be wrong to say that Snagit is an all-in-one video recorder and editor used on Windows and Mac.
Key highlights: Snagit
- Build and share customized theme templates.
- Panoramic scrolling video capture feature.
- Enable the capture cursor function.
- Understands the text in the screenshots to enable quick editing.
Price: Free trial, $71
Compatibility – Windows 11, 10, also Windows Server v2016, macOS 12, 11
With the help of Vidyard, the users can easily record screens, webcams, and audio for 60 minutes, making it the best Loom alternative. Vidyard is available on Microsoft Edge/ Chrome browser extensions and has a PC and Mac desktop application supporting the screen recording portal. It has the below key highlights as Loom’s free version making it the best free Loom alternative.
Key highlights: Vidyard
- Fully compatible with browser extensions, desktops, and smartphones.
- Supports sharing options for email, various social media channels, and web embedding.
- Robust offering for diversified companies.
- Add team updates, customer presentations, or prospecting collaborations.
Price: Free Trial, Pro $15/month, Teams $300/month, Business $1250/ month
Compatibility – Windows 11, 10, macOS 10.15 and higher
Soapbox is among the best screen & webcam recording options offered via the Chrome extension. It helps in providing tailored content circulation on various domains. With Soapbox can record, include transitions, or export videos to trigger social media. Collaboration features like group calendars, brainstorming, discussion boards, and project/task/document management.
Key Highlights: Soapbox
- Easily Collaborate with others.
- Performance analytics to ensure how users respond to your videos.
- Review the individual videos for the entire team from a centralized place.
- Add your business logo to customize the pages for video sharing
Price: Free, Solo Plan $300/year, Teams- $420/year.
7. OBS Studio (Windows & Mac)
OBS Studio is an open-source screen recorder and free Loom alternative used on Windows, Mac, and other operating systems. Like Loom, it can record the screen with the chosen screen size. You can use it as a free alternative to Loom software on either Windows or Mac. OBS Studio is a modern recorder that incorporates a professional interface. It is also great for broadcasting the screen for Live Streaming.
Key Highlights: OBS Studio
- Set the FPS as per your need and manage the video quality.
- Hotkeys to switch between the keys, mute audio inputs, enable live streaming, start or stop recording, etc.
- The OBS is ideal for broadcasting and streaming.
- Built-in audio mixer with different filters for every source, such as noise suppression, noise gate, and gain.
Price: Open source, free software, custom pricing
Compatibility – Windows 11, 10, 8.1, macOS 10.13 and above.
8. Screencast-O-Matic (Online)
Screencast-O-Matic is an online recorder similar to Loom, helpful in recording the screen, adding a webcam, and inserting the narration into the video. Several customers utilize the tool to create a how-to video, youtube video, or training video. You can include a Facecam, trim, crop, or manage the video speed. It can record 800×600, 640×480, and other standard definitions.
Key highlights: Screencast-O-Matic
- Secure online backup to store the recordings for the future.
- Includes editing options for computer audio and synchronization of recording with video footage.
- Choose the flexible screen recording size.
- Insert narration into the video.
Price: Free plan, Solo deluxe -$4/month, Solo Premier- $6/month, Team Business- $8/month
Compatibility – Windows, Mac.
9. Screencastify (Online)
Screencastify is an ideal screen recorder for Chrome. It is valuable to record, amend, and share videos. Since it is an extension on Chrome, this Loom alternative can be used on Windows and Mac. It permits users to record unlimited videos with no restriction for up to 5 minutes. For up to 5 minutes, there won’t be any difficulty with the watermark while using this extension, but later it will show a watermark for the free users.
Key highlights: Screencastify
- Available for Windows and Mac as a Chrome extension.
- It provides free 5 minutes per recording without any watermark.
- The users can easily record the audio with their computer’s microphone.
- The videos can quickly be recorded in full HD.
Price: Free trial, Starter $7/ month, Pro $ 10/ month
Compatibility – (Chrome v72+)
With the help of CloudApp, the users can easily record their screen, webcam, and audio and upload the content directly to the cloud. The files are accessible through Mac & Windows apps and shareable across the Web with protected, unique, and short password-protected links. With asynchronous recording capabilities, the app supports your efforts to cut down on calls or meetings and enhance collaborations.
Key Highlights: CloudApp
- The users can annotate to include the content in their recordings.
- It comes with the GIF creation feature.
- Link-sharing feature helps share the content among your known ones.
- Improves the overall safety of your work as it has a cloud-hosting feature letting you access it anytime and anywhere.
Price: Free Trial, Individual- $9.95/month, Team- $8/month, custom enterprise plans
Compatibility – Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, macOS X v10.5,
FAQs | More Related To Top Alternatives To Loom (2022)
Q1. What can you use instead of a Loom?
We recommend using EaseUS RecExperts, and TweakShot Screen Recorder, great desktop screen recording applications. However, you can choose any other mentioned above as per your needs.
Q2. Why are Looms blurry?
The quality of the videos also depends on the kind of computer you use, and webcam recordings might be worse than screen recordings. The users with Loom can consider their recording resolution up to 720p. If you face some issues while using the Loom, you can restart the program to eliminate errors or look at this list of Loom alternatives.
Q3. Is the Loom limited to 5 minutes?
Initially, the Loom starters have a 5-minute recording duration limit, while the Education users have a 45-minute recording limit. It depends upon the package you choose, as Loom Business and Enterprise users can record a single video for 6 hours. Loom limit is available at a custom rate based on volume.
Q4. Does Microsoft have something like Loom?
Windows comes with the inbuilt screen recorder i.e., Game Bar. It is the only screen recording software available that Xbox, i.e., is owned by Microsoft.
Concluding Our List Of Top 10 Alternatives To Loom (2022)
These are some of Loom’s competitors, out of which some are free Loom alternatives while some are paid. However, the free version has certain boundaries; you can record videos with limitations. Based on your individual needs and the operating system you have been using, you can decide.
If you look to add additional power or use professional editing tools, it is always recommended to install a paid version. Among the various Loom alternatives discussed above, EaseUS RecExperts is considered the best alternative to Loom as it is very versatile and comes with a lot of added advantages.
Do you want mind-blowing screen recording software for Windows PC? If yes, then use TweakShot Screen Recorder, one of the best alternatives to Loom.
We hope the article was helpful for you to find out about the best screen recording alternatives for Loom on Windows, Mac, and online. We would like to know your views on this post to make it more useful. Your suggestions and comments are welcome in the comment section below. Share the information with your friends and others by sharing the article on social media.
We love to hear from you!
We are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Let us know of any queries or suggestions. We love to get back to you with a solution. We regularly post tips and tricks and answers to common issues related to technology.
Related Topics –