Sure, your iPhone takes up great photos. But, a snappy text – a quote or a text that explains your photo, would take it to the next level. That said, a bland text would just turn an otherwise impeccable photo into something that you won’t even want to see.
Enter iPhone apps that can let you add text to photos, even if you have never heard about typography or graphic designing. In fact, these apps will make you want to explore the world of words and how you can beautify them with a few taps.
Why Choose An App To Add Text To Photos Instead Of Image Editing Apps?
Why would you choose an app to put text on photos when you already have a range of photo editing apps? A legit question that might pop up in your mind.
Personally, if it’s about editing photos and also styling text, a photo editing app is what we would turn to. But, let’s assume you are traveling and just have to add a beautiful small caption on your photo, wouldn’t you want to work with something simpler?
Where else can you use iOS apps for adding text to photos?
- Create posts for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, etc.
- Create text for thumbnails on YouTube on the fly.
- Make blog cover images stand out with designed texts
- Caption your photos
Last but not least, you can use apps to put words on photos for the love of typography – play with fonts, typefaces, font sizes, colors, gradients, and spacing between lines.
Wondering what to look for or what to expect from iOS apps
10 Best iOS Apps To Put Words On Photos
My cafe’ launch is around the corner. The graphics for social media posts are ready. But it’s the text that’s making me nervous. The problem is the word styling.
Does this sound familiar, here are some iPhone apps that will make adding beautiful text to your posts a cakewalk.
1. Word Swag
The app lets you add captions and magnificent text layers to your photos. For that, you can choose from several colors and fonts. In case you are confused about which image to choose, Word Swag lets you choose from various templates.
- A variety of font styles
- Several templates, some of which especially cater to social media platforms
- Typomatic type engine
- Thousands of captions to never let you run out of ideas
- Trendy frames and layouts
Pricing: Free, Word Swag Pro subscription is priced at $4.99
2. Add Text: Write On Photos
We loved how this app lets you add text to your photos and helps you capture the very feel of the image. You can add several text layers and captions. All you have to do is position your text on the photo with your finger and then you can explore a range of features to stylize your text to your liking.
- Unlimited text layers
- Format your words – change line height, letter spacing, etc.
- Give more depth to words by changing their perspective
- Extensive color palette
- Hundreds of free and unique fonts
Pricing: Free. In-app purchases cost $29.99
The app presumably gets its name because it offers over 400 fonts. Besides fonts, you can choose from a wide variety of speech bubbles, badges, and placards amongst various other elements. Despite having so many fonts already, you can also add your own fonts as well. The perfect recipe to create logos and avatars!
- Over 400 fonts available
- Customizable text size, color, gradient, stroke, shadow, shadow color, background color, kerning, etc.
- You can erase parts of text
- Add perspective or curved text
- Use items like rectangles, speech bubbles, star, heart, etc.
Pricing: Free. Photo Image Pack is priced at $2.99
4. Text on Photos – Add Text
This free app lets you add text to photos in a way that you can choose where you want to post the image – Facebook, Instagram (Story or post), LinkedIn cover, etc. You can then choose a range of filters, effects, styles, and other elements and make your text stand out.
- Add several text layers and tweak them as per your liking
- Shadow enhancement
- Create text in your unique style without background
- Several overlays and gradients
- Layer handlers and rotation
Pricing: Free. In-app purchases start at $0.99
If typography fuels your head and you feel like etching out art via words, you’ll love Typic. It is undoubtedly one of the best apps for adding text to photos. From creating a design, designing it, and editing it, Typic does it all for you with the utmost finesse.
- Over 300 fonts and 500 designs
- 93 filters
- Impressive color palette
- Mask parts of your text easily
- Customize texts for social media posts, birthday cards, presentations, etc.
Pricing: Unlock all features at $6.99
Throw in your background, and some words and that’s it, let Typorama work magic for you. It automatically creates complex text layouts with different typefaces and fonts. Instead of taking the template approach, it generates text designs randomly so that they look more genuine, natural and of course beautiful.
- 50 randomly generated typographic text styles
- Availability of ribbons, badges, curved texts, and other elements with which you can take your design to the next level.
- Over 100 different typefaces and fonts
- Ability to 3D distort, add shadows to text and tweak gradients.
- Several preinstalled quotes.
Pricing: Free. Get Typorama PRO Monthly at $2.99
7. Design Lab: Graphic Templates
As the name suggests, this app can fulfill all your designing pursuits. You can create pro graphics and beautiful designs. Don’t have an image to start with? Worry not, Design lab comes with the choicest images, templates, and fonts capable of producing stunning visuals.
- Layer-based editing
- Several fonts
- Thousands of customizable templates
- Advanced text tools – add layers, control their size, opacity, apply 3D effects, etc.
- Blend and erase text
Pricing: Free. You can get the pro version at $9.99
8. Font Candy Photo & Text Editor
Taking typography to the next level, Font candy lets you choose from a variety of filters that you can apply on your text and photos. You can even animate your texts to make them look more attractive and funnier.
- Inbuilt custom artworks and quotes
- Over 45 handpicked artistic fonts
- Customize artwork for posters, iPhone cases, t-shirts, etc.
- Ability to animate texts
- Predefined sizes for social media
Pricing: Free. Pro subscription would cost you $3.99
9. Hype-Type: Moving Text Photo-s
When searching for iPhone apps that can help add text to photos, we stumbled upon Hype-Type. For it doesn’t just let you perform typography but takes it to another level and lets you do motion typography.
- Add animated text on videos and images
- Choose from a variety of filters
- Edit photos and create magnificent designs
- Choose from several aspect ratios
- Add music and play with timing
Pricing: Free. You can unlock all features at $19.99
If you are into the graphic designing space or just love creating graphics, you probably have heard of Canva. One of the best parts about Canva is the number of templates it offers you. When using Canva to add text to photos, you can pick a template and then customize it to your liking.
- Easy to use and highly customizable
- Several templates to choose especially with respect to the platform you want to post the text on
- Hundreds of fonts
- Easily add or reduce space between letters
- Choose from among several text effects
Pricing: Free. You can subscribe for Canva Pro – Monthly for $12.99
Which of the text on photos apps for iPhone would you choose to create impact? Do let us know in the comments section below. For more such content – troubleshooting tips, apps, and software listicles across a variety of operating systems keep reading WeTheGeek. You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flipboard, Pinterest, and YouTube.