The reasons for losing important data from your iPhone can be one too many. And, something that can come to your aid is a data recovery app for iPhone. Under normal circumstances, data once gone can’t be retrieved but several iOS data recovery apps increase your chances of restoring accidentally deleted data. For the most part, you will need a Windows or Mac desktop and a USB port with the help of which you can connect your iOS device (iPhone or iPad) to your desktop or laptop.
Since there are several data recovery apps for iOS, here are some of the data recovery apps for iOS. However, we recommend that you timely backup your iOS device, so that if for some reason, data recovery fails, you can recover data from the backup.
iOS Data Recovery Apps Can Help Retrieve Data From These Situations
– Accidentally deleted data from your iOS device.
– iOS has crashed or you have lost data because of a failed upgrade.
– You have accidentally performed a factory reset.
– iPhone has become dead or damaged.
– Restore data from an iPhone that you have lost.
– Data lost when upgrading/ downgrading iOS
What Kind of Data Can I Recover?
A data recovery app for iPhone can broadly help you recover the following data –
- Contacts, notes and attachments, text messages, videos, etc
- Social media data from popular platforms such as WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, etc.
- iTunes/ iCloud backup such as photos, app documents, voice memos, voicemails, etc.
- Browsery history and bookmarks.
8 Best Data Recovery Apps for iOS (iPhone and iPad)
|Name of The iOS Data Recovery App||Free Trial||Price||Download Link|
|1||FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery||Yes||Monthly license starts at $54.57||Get here|
|2||Wondershare Dr. Fone||Yes||$69.95||Get here|
|3||iMyFone D-Back||Yes||full version for $49.99||Get here|
|4||Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone||Yes||$59.99||Get here|
|5||iMobie PhoneRescue||Yes||$59.99||Get here|
|6||EaseUS MobiSaver||Yes||$59.95/ month||Get here|
|7||Disk Drill||Yes||$89||Get here|
|8||Tenorshare UltData Recovery||Yes||$45.95||Get here|
1. FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery
Looking for a reliable data recovery app for iPhone? FonePaw is one name to consider. It can help recover deleted data not just from your iPhone but even from iCloud as well. More specifically it can handle It is compatible with the latest iOS 16 and supports over 30 file types including contacts, messages, and photos.
- Preview files before recovering.
- Extract data from iCloud backup.
- Recover messages, photos, notes, contacts, and various other files.
- Multiple recovery modes.
- Recover files without reducing quality.
- Doesn’t recover data with the free version.
Free trial available. The monthly license starts at $54.57
2. Wondershare Dr. Fone
Dr. Fone is one of the world’s first data recovery apps for iPhone. It boasts of highest data recovery rates among its competitors. From call history, calendar, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and more, you can restore anything that you may have deleted or lost accidentally. It can handle any data loss situation ranging from system crash, ROM flashing, device damage, and even Jailbreak.
- Restore, backup, and transfer data.
- Apart from retrieving data you can even repair it.
- Supports several file formats across images, audio, video, contacts, messages, documents, etc.
- Select and recover only data that is required.
- Even recover data from iCloud and iTunes backup.
- Doesn’t recover deleted Snapchat messages
Free partial features. Then, $69.95
3. iMyFone D-Back
It is regarded as one of the best iOS data recovery apps and ensures a high success rate for recovering data lost because of any reason. You can recover messages, WhatsApp texts, and contacts among 18+ data types. It can also help you quickly extract or recover data from iCloud, a third-party backup application apart from your iOS device.
- Recover photos, videos, audio, documents, notes, and calendar from internal and external storage mediums as well as social media data.
- Selectively recover the data you want.
- Repair corrupted files.
- Preview deleted data.
- High data recovery rate
- Preview files in the free version and some users have reported compatibility issues.
Free limited trial. You can purchase the full version for $49.99
4. Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone
When it comes to recovering data, Stellar is one name that you may have heard a lot. For iPhone as well it is one of the first choices for data recovery. With this one app, you don’t just get to retrieve your files but even wipe off data that is stored by any third-party apps. With its deep scanning mode, you can identify and recover every bit of data lost from your iOS device.
- Deep scan to scan every last bit of lost data.
- Access encrypted backup files.
- Restore messages from WhatsApp and other messengers with attachments.
- Supports all mac and Windows versions and iOS versions.
- Preview data before saving.
- Can’t save recovered files in the free version.
Free limited trial available, then $59.99
5. iMobie PhoneRescue
iMobie PhoneRescue is an easy-to-use iOS data recovery utility. Why did we mention “easy to use”? Because in just 3 simple steps you can restore permanently deleted files including but not limited to contacts, messages, photos, and others. The same utility also doubles up as a solution that can help you fix any impending iOS issues.
- Retrieved data is well categorized into personal data, media devices, and others.
- Built on technologies like no data-loss technology, ForceRestore and SmartCompare, and many others.
- You can even remove lock screens and resolve other iOS issues with the same tool.
- Comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Save data from damaged backups.
- Scanning is a little time-consuming as compared to competitors.
Free trial available. A one-year subscription starts at $49.99
6. EaseUS MobiSaver
EaseUS MobiSaver is a decent data recovery app for iOS. For the most part, it is free and you can recover a limited number of contacts, photos, and other types. It can be downloaded as a software on both Windows and Mac operating systems and it is capable of dealing with any data loss situation ranging from accidental deletion, jailbreak failure, factory rest, or even a virus attack.
- Recover data from iOS devices (iPhone/ iPad), iCloud, and iTunes backup.
- Recover photos, messages, videos, and other file formats.
- Selectively recover data.
- Filter results by file type.
- Latest version of iOS supported.
- Some options for data recovery are missing and can’t be recover data in the free version.
Free limited trial, then, $59.95/ month
7. Disk Drill
Talking of data recovery, we can’t forget to mention Disk Drill. It is capable of scanning internal disk, iCloud backup, or any other location from where you might have lost data. To recover data all you have to do is install the application on your Windows computer or Mac, connect your iOS device, scan data and that’s it.
- Includes data protection tools as well.
- Supports all file formats that you can select.
- Capable of retrieving data from the device’s internal storage medium, iCloud, and iTunes backup.
- Easy to use
- Quick scanning.
- Cant recover data with the free version and Windows version missing.
Free limited trial available. After that, $89
8. Tenorshare UltData Recovery
Another data recovery app for iPhone that has carved a name is Tenorshare UltData Recovery. It supports over 35 file types ranging from call history, Safari, contacts, app documents, and many others. Before recovering files, you can preview them so that you retrieve only the files you want. It is also capable of resolving iOS system issues such as black screen, white apple logo, etc.
- Select the kind of data that you want to recover – Photos, reminders, notes, attachments, etc.
- Preview data before recovering it.
- You can even see the backup summary.
- Recover a wide range of files across a variety of file formats.
- Easy to use interface.
- Fails to recover data in some circumstances.
Free version is available and then, $45.95
We know how frustrating and scary it can be when you lose important data. We have been there, but what saved us and what might save you is a data recovery app for iOS. If you are in a situation where you have lost data on your iOS device, you needn’t lose hope, try out one of the above iPhone data recovery apps and share your experience with us in the comments section below. For more such content, keep reading WeTheGeek. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, Flipboard, and Twitter.