Apple Watch has already been at the top of the wearables market. The new Apple Watch Ultra, with its titanium case and big dial, is the latest entrant in the Apple Watch family. It was announced in the “Far Out” September’22 launch event. Apple Watch Ultra is the biggest, most challenging, and most premium Apple Watch.
Apple’s Watch Ultra is specifically designed for professional water sports athletes, high-performance athletes, divers, and others who utilize the device in challenging environments.
It is intended to be a sturdy smartwatch suitable for various activities, including artic hiking, marathon running, and deep sea diving. The new Apple Watch Ultra has many new features, making it different from other Apple Watch variants. So, let us know what Apple Watch Ultra offers so that you can decide whether it is for you!
Read Also: Apple Far Out Event’22 Recap
Apple Watch Ultra Review: Design & Display
It is the most rugged and toughest Apple Watch to date.
The brand-new Watch Ultra from Apple is clearly different from earlier models of Apple Watches. It has a 49mm case which is the biggest and brightest Apple Watch display to date. The edge of the titanium body is raised to protect the Always On Retina LTPO OLED display. An surface layer made of sapphire crystal protects the display. The display’s maximum brightness is 2,000 nits, which is crazy for a smartwatch.
The Apple Watch Ultra is designed to endure hot temperatures and is produced by the same high standards as rugged outdoor and military gear. The Watch Ultra boasts three microphones and two speakers compared to the ordinary Apple Watch Series 8’s single microphone and speaker, enabling extremely loud notification sounds and explicit voice calls even in crowded surroundings.
Read Also: iPhone 13 Pro Series Vs iPhone 14 Pro Series
This Apple Watch has a new customizable Action button that allows instant control over different actions. Users can quickly and physically operate functions on the Apple Watch Ultra thanks to a new, configurable Action button that is bright international orange. Both the side button and Digital Crown are made to be used with gloves on. The Digital Crown now has a bigger diameter and coarse grooves.
If you become lost or are hurt and need help, press the Action button, and it will sound like a siren that is 86 decibels loud and up to 180 meters 600 feet away. The new Watch Ultra can endure temperatures between -20° C to 55° C. It meets with MIL-STD-810H in terms of altitude-related low pressure, temperature fluctuations, liquid contamination, immersion, rain, humidity, freezing, sand or dust, shock, and rain.
Read Also: How to Recover Photos from Keepsafe On Android or iPhone
Apple Watch Ultra: Battery
New Watch Ultra has now improved GPS capabilities and longer battery life. The Apple Watch Ultra offers the greatest battery capacity, lasting 36 hours on a single charge. Apple intends to optimize battery capacity to increase it to nearly 60 hours from a single charge.
Read Also: How To Restore An iPhone From iCloud Backup.
Exciting New Features
- Crash Detection: Apple Watch Ultra informs the emergency contacts and emergency services when it detects serious road accidents and contacts them automatically.
- Fall Detection: If a collapse/fall is sensed and you are not responding, it will instantly notify emergency services at home or out on the street.
- Emergency SOS: Use the side button to swiftly dial 911 and give them your position by pressing and holding the button. Any changes to your location will be communicated to your emergency contacts for a while.
- Dual-Frequency GPS: The new antenna architecture used in the Apple Watch Ultra combines L1 and L5 GPS signals for increased range and excellent power efficiency. It integrates information from the two frequencies to calculate distance, route, and pace with absolutely astonishing accuracy.
- BackTrack: You can concentrate on the route in front or behind you by swiftly dropping a Compass Waypoint at the current position or starting Backtrack with just one click of the Action button. Backtrack employs GPS coordinates to automatically generate a roadmap of where you have been so you can get back on a course or go back in the direction you came from, even when you are off the map.
- Temperature Sensing: A ground-breaking, revolutionary temperature sensor that offers cutting-edge cycle tracking and new insights into women’s health. Additionally, it logs nightly temperature variations, which the Health app allows you to view.
- Wayfinder: Apple Watch Ultra offers a unique watch face called “Wayfinder” with space for eight details and a time feature that can also be turned into a live compass. To activate the Wayfinder watch face, rotate the Crown to turn on the night mode.
- EN13319 Certification: Regarding water sports, the Apple Watch Ultra is EN 13319 certified for scuba diving and is entirely functional up to a 40-meter depth. Additionally, Apple unveiled the Oceanic+ app, a dive machine that fits inside your Watch Ultra.
- ECG: The electrical heart – rate sensor can be used by the ECG app to capture your pulse and rhythm, and the recording can then be checked against atrial fibrillation, a type of abnormal rhythm.
- A Depth-Gauge: Gives water temperature data and real-time measurements of underwater depths down to 40 meters. It is helpful in Scuba diving.
- It is 100-meter water-resistant and also comes with IP6X dust-resistant certification.
Apple Watch Ultra: Pricing Info
The price for Apple Watch Ultra, which only has a cellular option, is $799. It will be available on September 23 for you.
Read Also: How To Sign Up For Apple One on Any Device
Apple Watch Ultra Review: Wrapping It Up
Now that you know about Apple Watch Ultrahether, it is about the hardware, Apple S8 (Dual-Core) chipset, or its unique design. The watch has an attractive design, a sturdy titanium frame, and the brightest display, which makes it appealing.
But is it worth it? Is it helpful for you? Well, that’s for you to decide! If you are an athlete or often find yourselves outdoors hiking, mountaineering, or being in extreme temperatures, this watch could be helpful. However, if you are an average user and are relatively active, you can go for Apple Watch 8. What do you think? Please tell us your thoughts in the comments below.