First Augmented Reality (AR), then Mixed Reality (MR), these technologies have faded the lines between real and virtual. All tech giants, be it Google or Facebook are trying to get their hands on it. Google has been working on AR for a while now and has announced a service name Google Lens which has changed the way you search physical stuff around you on the Internet. Google Lens is only available on the new Pixel devices for now and the feature is incorporated with Google Photos and Google Assistant. If you want to try out an app similar to Google Lens without buying Pixel 2, then you have come to a right place.
In this post, we will discuss some of the best alternatives for Google Lens for your smartphone.
CamFind is the app that lets you discover the world in your own way. It is the first visual search engine. Take a picture and CamFind will use mobile visual search technology to identify the object. CamFind gives you fast and accurate results by using CloudSight image recognition API
Let’s take a look at the features of CamFind
- With live stream and popular feature, you can see the search results from all over the world in real time.
- It enables you to upload and save images to or from Camera Roll.
- It acts as a barcode and QR scanner, Language translator.
- It helps you to instantly share things Facebook, Twitter, Email, and Text.
2. Search By Image
Search By Image is an app which is reliable and simple to use. It supports camera to take a picture. It also allows you to edit the photos before beginning the search.
Let’s take a look at the features of Search By Image
- As it has an inbuilt image editor, you can easily rotate and crop the image.
- It allows you to open a shared image from apps like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more.
- The app gives you fast results.
- You can specify the search by part of an image, this is useful if the image is made out from multiple images.
Download For Android
3. Image Search – Pictpicks
Image Search – Pictpicks is considered to be one of the best Google Lens Alternative. It lets you search the images online very easily. The app has Google’s Material Design interface, which makes it user-friendly. PictPicks uses Google image search to deliver the results.
Let’s take a look at the features of Image Search – Pictpicks.
It is all the extended features of Google Image Search such as filtering your images by size, color, type and time.
- It allows you to turn on SafeSearch.
- You can also use the results when you search for similar images.
- You can share the results through Whatsapp, Bluetooth.
Download For Android
4. Reverse Image Search
Reverse Image Search is a useful app when you want to know the source of Whatsapp, Instagram, screenshots and more. The app uses the similar features as the Google image search.Let’s take a look at the features of Reverse Image Search.
- It enables you to search an image from the Gallery by clicking the Gallery button.
- It allows shows the search results if you use the camera to take the image.
- You can share the images on Facebook, Twitter, Google Drive, and more.
- You can also turn the Safe Search Filter ON.
Download for Android
5. Image Search
Image Search is one of the best alternatives for Google Lens. It is has a simple interface. Unlike CamFind, it doesn’t allow you to take a picture of the object. You need to upload the image to begin the search. Let’s take a look at the features of Image Search:
- You can share images from other apps.
- The app is only available for Android.
- Image Search is a good app to use and as it is based on Google’s image search algorithm, it can be trusted.
Note: This app has been discontinued.
So this is the list of Google Lens alternative apps that can make searching easier and exciting until Google doesn’t launch the feature for all ranges of phones.