If you have an iPhone with the lowest internal memory, then you may soon realize that you need some extra space to store important files. Your iPhone helps you to capture stunning photos and to share them with your friends. Sometimes because you have lots of Photos and videos captured in high quality, you get an error message that there is not space to capture more photos. It is really annoying at times as it is hard to decide what to delete or not when the need arises.
Thankfully, there is a smart way to avoid such situations by removing duplicate photos in iPhone. By clearing duplicates, you do not need to compromise with some of your best photos. You can make space on your device by clearing unnecessary junk. Here is how you can get rid of duplicate photo on your iPhone.
Broadly there are two ways by which you can clear duplicate photo on your iPhone.
1. Manually deleting duplicate photos on iPhone:
Though it is a time taking and lengthy process but if you have spare time you can go by this method but even after trying hard you cannot find and remove all duplicate photos in iPhone.
- To manually delete duplicate photos on iPhone go to Photos app from the home screen.
- Go to camera roll here you will find all the photos clicked by your iPhone.
- Here you can find duplicate photos because if by default iPhone keep two copies of photos (if HDR is turned on or on Automatic mode) one is in HDR mode and other one in Normal mode. You can keep an image which looks better and can delete the other one.
- If all the images from WhatsApp is getting saved to your camera roll then they are the duplicates of the photos on WhatsApp folder. Unfortunately, on iPhones you cannot access WhatsApp media folder like Android devices. But you can stop getting these duplicates created by going to WhatsApp>settings>Chats> toggle off the switch given in front of Save to camera roll or Save Incoming Media (depending on the version of WhatsApp you are using).
- When you want to save an image to camera roll you can simply long press on the image and in the options you will see an option to save image.
2. Using a third-party application to clear duplicates on iPhone:
So far you may have understood that it is a time-consuming task to manually remove duplicate photos in iPhone so it is better to take help of a third-party application. Duplicate photos fixer application from Systweak software is the best app for this purpose. It effectively finds duplicate photos on your iPhone and clear them. Let us find out how you can clear duplicate photos on your iPhone using this app.
- You can download and install the app from the given link.
- Once you are done with download and installation you can proceed further for the scan. You can also set the intensity of the scan.
- After the completion of scan the app shows you the list of duplicates it is organized by the group of duplicates.
- Now you can get rid of duplicates in just one tap and before you delete duplicate photos on iPhone you can also take safe back up of your photos.
This is how you can free up plenty of space on your iPhone by removing duplicate photos in iPhone. So, if you are facing space crunch on your iPhone then go for this application and free up space in just few minutes.