Stuck with the “Some of your accounts require attention” error on Windows 11? You may see this message on the screen if your Microsoft account is not verified or if there’s some conflict with the “Shared Experiences”. Some of the other potential causes include incorrect PIN and misconfigured account settings. If you are using a Microsoft account that is not verified, you may see this pop up again and again, each time you log in to your PC.
Image source: Microsoft Community
Most of us prefer using the same Microsoft account across multiple devices as it keeps our data and settings in sync. However, there may be a few troubled times when you may encounter this popup out of the blue while accessing your account.
Wondering how to get past this error? You’ve come to the right place. In this post, we have listed some quick ways that you can use for fixing the “Some of your accounts require attention” error on Windows.
Let’s get started.
How to Fix Some of your Accounts Require Attention Error on Windows 11
Solution 1: Verify your Microsoft Account
Here comes the first step to resolving this error. To make sure that your Microsoft account is verified, follow these steps:
1. Tap on the Windows icon and select “Settings”. Switch to the “Accounts” section from the left menu pane and then tap on “ Your Info”.
2. You will now see a highlighted message that says “Verify your identity to sync passwords across your devices”. Hit on the “Verify” button to proceed.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your Microsoft account. Reboot your device and check if the issue was resolved.
Solution 2: Disable Shared Experiences
Microsoft introduced a useful “Shared Experiences” feature that allows you to get more productive while working on multiple devices. If this feature is enabled, you can easily toggle and switch between devices, start a task on one device and easily continue on another device to work on the go. However, users have claimed that turning off the Shared Experiences feature on Windows helped in resolving the “Some of your accounts require attention” error. So, let’s give it a shot!
1. Launch the Settings app, switch to the Apps section and then select “Advanced app settings”.
2. Tap on the “Share across devices” option. Select “Off” to disable “Shared Experiences”.
3. After disabling the Shared Experiences feature, reboot your machine. Hopefully, now you won’t see the error message.
Solution 3: Remove Trusted Devices
If there’s an issue with one of your trusted devices then you may have to encounter the “Some of your accounts require attention” error. Here’s how you can remove trusted devices.
1. Launch any preferred web browser on your device and visit this link. Log in to your Microsoft account.
2. Now, select the device that you need to remove. Tap on More Actions> Remove. And that’s it!
3. Once you know which device was causing the issue, you can reconnect again.
Solution 4: Use a Windows Hello Password to Log In
Compared to PINs, using passwords is considered much more reliable to log in to your device. Here’s how you can set a password on Windows 11.
1. Launch the Settings app and switch to the “Accounts” section. Tap on “Sign-in options”.
2. Tap on the “Remove this PIN” option to change your password.
3. Once you remove the PIN as a login mechanism, set a password to log in to your Windows PC.
Solution 5: Create a New Account
Tried the above-listed solutions and still not able to get rid of the error. Well, try creating a new local user account on your Windows 11 PC and check if it helps.
1. Launch the Settings app and switch to the “Accounts” section. Tap on “Your Info”.
2. Select the “Sign in with a local account instead” option. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new user account.
Also read: How to Create a Local Account on Windows 11
This wraps up our post on how to get rid of the “Some of your accounts require attention” error on Windows. You can use any of the above-listed solutions to resolve this issue and resume using your device without any interruptions.