Personal information and browsing data are at risk when using a public Wi-Fi connection. Someone with bad intentions can essentially spy on your Internet activities if you don’t use a VPN to encrypt your computer traffic. Also, public Wi-Fi connections are inherently insecure; anyone else who has access to that network can see your online activities and even eavesdrop on unencrypted web services such as HTTP websites.
To make things worse, hackers often set up fake hotspots with names similar to legitimate ones to trick users into connecting. These so-called evil twins can be used in third-party spying or cyberattacks against network users. Using a VPN is one of the best ways to protect your private information when connected to a public network.
Private Internet Access is one of the best VPN services for privacy and security online, with over 420 million users worldwide. PIA has more than 3,300 servers across 32 countries worldwide, including Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Canada, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Singapore, and many other locations that are perfect for unblocking websites and accessing geo-restricted content with ease.
Read Also: Why Should You Use A VPN While Traveling
How To Fix Private Internet Access Won’t Connect In Windows 11/10
The PIA VPN is simple to set up and use; however, even when it appears connected to the Internet, VPNs may cause problems with connectivity. PIA VPN, however, doesn’t always function as it should. When PIA malfunctions, there is nothing to worry about. Simple mistakes and application issues are among the most frequent reasons and are also the most easily solved.
Try the fixes below to resolve the issue if you cannot access the Internet using the PIA VPN.
Read Also: 10 Best VPNs for Amazon Prime Video
1. Ensure You Are Using The Latest Version Of The App
The PIA version running on your computer seems to cause the issue. Keep PIA updated to the latest version to benefit from new features, enhancements, and problem fixes. You are instantly prompted by the desktop application for any available upgrades. You must confirm those updates and install the most recent PIA version.
Ensure to use this link to obtain the most recent version.
Read Also: The Best Business VPN Services In 2022
2. Verify Your Internet Connection
You could verify your internet connection to ensure the issue isn’t on your end. Close the app completely and unplug the VPN from your device. Then attempt to reestablish your internet connection. If you can access the internet while PIA is turned off, your internet is functioning normally, and the issue seems to be with the PIA application. However, you will need to contact your internet service provider to fix the internet if you’re still not able to use the internet.
3. Disable IPv6
The most recent edition of the Internet Protocol, IPv6, gives each system a specific IP address that may be used to interact and manage traffic over the net. Your computer’s VPN connection may occasionally be impacted. It will eventually solve this PIA VPN won’t connect issue without significantly modifying your network.
This is how you can turn it off.
- Press the “Windows” key and type “Control Panel,” and click on “Open” to open the Control Panel.
- Now look for and click on “Network And Sharing Center.”
- From the top left side of the page, click on “Change adapter settings.”
- Choose your Network Adaptor, right-click on it, and choose “Properties.”
- Now uncheck the box in front of “Internet Protocol version 6.” and click on the “Ok” button.
4. Turn Off Windows Firewall
The VPN could be blocked entirely if the Windows Defender Firewall detects it as an unauthorized communication. Here is how to turn off the Firewall on your computer.
- Press the “Windows” key and type “Windows Defender Firewall,” and click on “Open” to open it.
- Select the “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on and off” option from the top left of the page.
- Here choose “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall” for both “Public and Private” network settings.
5. Change VPN Port
If Private Internet Access doesn’t connect in Windows 11/10, you can modify the VPN ports by following the instructions below.
- Simply right-click on the icon of PIA from the system tray and then click on “Properties.”
- From the pop-up context menu, choose “Disconnect.”
- Now again, right-click the icon, then select “Settings.”
- Then click on “Advanced” and set “UDP” as a connection type.
- Set “1194” as the remote port selection, click on “Save,” and reconnect to see if the problem persists.
- If the issue remains, repeat the preceding procedures, but this time utilize ports 9201 and 8080.
6. Change DNS Settings
Follow these steps to set a custom DNS in PIA settings:
- Right-click on the PIA icon and click on “Settings,” and then tap on “Network.”
- Configure Name Servers for “Set Custom DNS.”
- Configure the primary DNS server to 22.214.171.124 and the secondary DNS server to 126.96.36.199.
- Now click on “Proceed.”
- To apply the settings, reconnect to the VPN server.
Read Also: 15 Best Free VPNs For Mac
To Wrap This Up
So, with the aid of this step-by-step guide, you can quickly fix the Private Internet Access won’t connect in Windows 11/10 issue. Give these methods a try, and let us know if you were able to use one of the solutions on this list in the comments below. Also, if you know other valuable methods to rectify this error, share them with us.