You’re just one of many having trouble installing the NVIDIA driver. Don’t panic if the NVIDIA driver installation fails for a variety of reasons. You only need to follow a few simple actions to resolve this issue. Here is a comprehensive list of fixes for the problem with NVIDIA drivers not installing. You are not required to try each one. Simply start at the top and work your way down until you find the solution.
How To Solve NVIDIA Drivers Not Installing Problems?
Method 1: Manual Installation Of Driver
Consider downloading the driver directly from the official NVIDIA website and performing a clean installation if you’re trying to update your graphics driver using the GeForce Experience app but it’s not installing or functioning as intended. This process can be carried out in three steps:
Step 1: Make sure to close any NVIDIA-related apps or files before beginning.
- Stop the NVIDIA processes.
- Select Task Manager by right-clicking any vacant area of your taskbar.
- Select the NVIDIA-related processes and click End Task for each one
Step 2: Remove unused files
- Press the Windows logo key and E simultaneously on your keyboard to launch File Explorer.
- Delete the files by navigating to the following directories.
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation
Step 3: Install the NVIDIA driver from the official website.
- Visit the official page for downloading NVIDIA drivers.
- Select the relevant Product Type, Product Series, and Product, and then click SEARCH.
Note: Choose Game Ready Drivers next to Download Type to download the optimized driver for the newest games, or Studio Drivers to download the driver optimized for design.
- Verify that the operating system has been successfully detected. If so, select DOWNLOAD.
- Right-click the downloaded file and choose Run as administrator after completion. The driver installer will then be installed in the folder you specified.
- Click AGREE AND CONTINUE after selecting NVIDIA Graphics Driver.
- Click NEXT after selecting Custom (Advanced).
- Tick Click NEXT after doing a clean installation.
- Restart the computer once the installation is complete to make the changes permanent.
Method 2: Disable Antivirus Temporarily
Whether it’s an antivirus program or a GPU monitoring tool, the program you’re running in the background could conflict with your NVIDIA driver installer and prevent it from starting. You can temporarily turn off those background processes and reinstall the NVIDIA driver to verify whether that’s the case. Congratulations if the installation works without a hitch! Don’t become frustrated if the problem continues. There is still a remedy to attempt.
Method 3: Update the Graphics Device Drivers
One of the effective driver updater tool that scans your computer and finds troublesome drivers is Advanced Driver Updater. The most recent drivers for your device can be downloaded and set up. The finest hardware and software connectivity is made possible by updated drivers, which improves PC performance. Below are the instructions for using Advanced Driver Updater to upgrade graphics drivers.
Step 1: To enter the official website, click the link below. Next, get Advanced Driver Updater.
Step 2: To begin the installation process, double-click the downloaded application.
Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions to make sure the program is installed correctly.
Step 4: Open the app after installation and select Start Scan Now.
Step 5: After the scan is complete, let your screen settle down before checking for any unusual driver behavior.
Step 6: Next to fix the issue with the graphics driver in the list, locate the driver and click the Update All driver button to start the driver update process.
Step 7: After the driver update process is finished, restart the computer to ensure that all the changes were made.
The Final Word On How to Solve NVIDIA Drivers Not Installing Problem
This is how to fix the issue with NVIDIA drivers not installing. With thorough investigation, your computer’s performance should be returned to normal and driver issues should no longer occur.
Please let us know in the comments below if you have any questions or recommendations. We would be delighted to provide you with a resolution. We frequently publish advice, tricks, and solutions to common tech-related problems. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Flipboard, and Pinterest.