The tug of war between Apple and Android has stayed quite persistent over time. Each has its own set of pros and cons—the debate could go on for hours. Apple’s iCloud photo sharing is one simple solution for managing and sharing your memories. But with your “iOS friends” only!
Thankfully there is a way to bring “non-Apple users” into the fold by making a simple tweak to the settings of your shared iCloud album.
Here are a few changes you need to make in your iCloud account:
- To get started open up the “Photos” app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the “Shared” cloud icon located on the bottom navigation bar.
Also Read: Battle of Backup: iCloud Photos Vs Google Photos
- Now select any of your shared albums. We’re using an album named “Pet Photos” right now.
- After you open the album, tap the “People” button at the bottom.
- Here you’ll find all the settings for this specific shared album. At the top, you’ll see your Apple-product-using-friends because their Apple accounts are associated with the shared album. For everyone else, we need to turn on the “Public Website” option.
Also Read: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos and Videos from iPhone 6S, 5s, 7
- Once you turn “Public Website” on, you’ll see a URL under the entry plus a “Share Link” option. All the shared album URLs look like this:
- We’ve blurred the string in this screenshot because, as we noted above, each URL is permanently associated with the shared album and doesn’t change unless you delete the album entirely and start over.
- You can share this link from your iPhone anyway you want to—text it, email it, share it via an instant messaging platform, whatever. The recipient just has to visit the URL in a browser to view the photos.
NOTE: Just keep in mind that your friends can only view your album like a simple slide show, but cannot drop any comments or upload photos on it.
So, folks, next time when you take a vacation, your Android friends won’t get fuzzy! This simple tweak will surely save your life as they can actively participate in iCloud photo sharing!
In case you face any trouble then feel free to drop us a comment so that our tech experts can assist your further!
Carol DicksonThanks! Just what I needed!