No matter how smart your device may be in terms of security, viruses and malware still find their way to gain unauthorized access to your precious data. And once a virus or malware enters your device, it’s just the inception of a nightmare.
A device without antivirus software is as dangerous and risky as leaving your house open without any lock or security system, nonetheless but an invite to further damage. Antivirus software can act as your defense mechanism to keep the cybercriminals at bay. Using a comprehensive security tool can help you detect, track any viruses, malware, or malicious threats while protecting your private and sensitive data from being exposed. Hence, installing a sound antivirus security tool on your device is the least you can do to stay protected.
Talking of antivirus software, we’re sure you must’ve heard about Kaspersky and Avast as they’re quite popular in offering feature-rich security solutions. Confused about which one to pick? We’re here to take away your dilemma! In this post, we’ve covered a detailed insight on Kaspersky vs Avast highlighting all the major differences between the two contenders weighed on features, pricing, user interface, and so on.
Kaspersky vs Avast 2022
List of Contents
- #1 Introduction
- #2 Features
- Kaspersky Antivirus (Basic)
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Avast Free Antivirus
- Avast Internet Security
- Avast Premier
- Avast Ultimate Suite
- #3 Malware Protection
- #4 User-Friendliness
- #5 Pricing
- #6 Support
- Download Systweak Antivirus for Windows
- The Final Verdict
Let’s begin the head-to-head battle and decide which one’s best for you and why!
Kaspersky, a platinum winner of Customer Choice Awards, is a leading cybersecurity brand chosen by both individuals as well as businesses. Kaspersky extends its services to almost all platforms including Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. It has been in the league for more than 20 years and is well known for offering top-notch virus and malware protection against malicious infections and threats.
Avast is a lightweight, intuitive antivirus program that is available in both free and paid versions. It is full-capable of detecting and preventing viruses, malware, ransomware, and other threats from entering your device. One of the key reasons behind Avast’s massive popularity is the features it offers along with the free version that includes malware protection, WiFi network security, ransomware security, digital password vault, and more.
Kaspersky Antivirus offers you a bunch-load of security features that can offer all-around protection to keep your device and data safe. Let’s discuss the feature-set offered by various Kaspersky antivirus packages.
Kaspersky Antivirus (Basic)
- Virus and malware protection.
- Vulnerability scanner to detect the loopholes and patches in your system’s security.
- Silent mode feature that turns off all the notifications that you can use while watching a movie or playing games.
- Multi-layered advanced Ransomware protection to keep the digital threats away.
Kaspersky Internet Security
- Includes all the above-mentioned features.
- A 2-way firewall to strengthen your system’s security.
- Email filter to refine your inbox and keeps the junk/spam mails away.
- Webcam protection.
- VPN protection.
- Compatible with multiple platforms including macOS, Windows, and smartphones.
Kaspersky Total Security
- Includes all the above-mentioned features that come along with Kaspersky Antivirus (Basic) and Kaspersky Internet Security)
- Password manager.
- File encryption utility tool.
- Parental Controls.
- File Shredder tool.
Avast Antivirus is also available in a variety of variants (free and paid) that you can choose as per your requirement. Here’s a list of features offered by various Avast antivirus packages:
Avast Free Antivirus
- Virus and malware protection. (On a basic level)
- WiFi network security.
Avast Internet Security
- All of the above.
- Advanced 2-way Firewall for malware protection.
- Email filter for scanning spam and junk mails
- Sandbox mode that loads suspicious links and website pages in a secure space.
- Real Site feature to prevent DNS leaking.
- All of the above.
- Webcam protection.
- File shredder.
- Automatic software update utility tool.
Avast Ultimate Suite
- All of the above.
- High-end VPN protection.
- A clean-up utility tool that cleans unwanted files, junk data.
#3 Malware Protection
Malware protection is one of the most basic features that each antivirus security suite should possess.
Based on the AV-Test evaluation, both Avast and Kaspersky performed splendidly well. Avast and Kaspersky managed a good score of 5.5 out of 6 in the evaluation test that was conducted based on malware protection.
Hence, if you’re confused between Kaspersky VS Avast regarding malware protection, then you can pick any of these brands without a doubt.
Well, agree or not but user-friendliness does play a crucial role when you’re deciding between various software. A good antivirus tool should not just offer advanced malware protection but should also be attractive, user-friendly offering all the essential tools in the right place.
Kaspersky comes with a simple, light-colored interface that neatly lists down all the categories on the main screen itself.
Avast Antivirus also does a pretty good job of listing all the right tools in the main panel. From scanning options to advanced settings, you can reach anywhere you like with just a single tap.
Is it worth paying for antivirus in 2021? In deciding between Kaspersky antivirus vs Avast antivirus, pricing can be considered a crucial factor. An antivirus software offering a variety of advanced security features, plus the one that comes with an affordable price tag is a clear win-win.
Kaspersky Pricing Plans:
- Kaspersky Antivirus (Basic): 59.99$/ per year.
- Kaspersky Internet Security: 79.99$/per year.
- Kaspersky Total Security: 99.99$/per year.
Avast Antivirus Pricing Plans:
Apart from the Avast antivirus free variant, here are a few paid packages that you can pick.
- Avast Internet Security: 47.99$/per year.
- Avast Premium Security (1 device): 69.99$/ per year.
- Avast Premium Security (Multiple Devices): 89.99$/ per year.
- Avast Ultimate: 99.99$/per year.
In the never-ending battle of picking what’s best between Kaspersky vs Avast antivirus, you can also mark your points based on customer support and technical assistance each tool offers.
Well, if you’re looking for an excellent 24×7 technical assistance team that works round the clock for offering solutions regarding your issue, Avast can be an ideal pick. Kaspersky, in comparison, is a little moderate when it comes to solving customer issues and queries.
Download Systweak Antivirus for Windows
Confused between Kaspersky vs Antivirus? Well, we have another recommendation for you that can be an actual deal-breaker. Systweak Antivirus for Windows offers real-time protection against viruses, malware, trojans, spyware, and ransomware threats. It is undoubtedly one of the best antivirus solutions for Windows PC that safeguards your device 24×7 and keeps malicious threats at bay.
Here’s a list of key features that comes along with the Systweak Antivirus software.
- Advanced virus and malware protection.
- Real-time protection against zero-day attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Boosts your device’s performance by cleaning unwanted start-up items.
- USB device protection.
- Public WiFi protection.
- Home network security.
- Safe web browsing.
- Automatic Software Updater.
- 24×7 technical support.
The Final Verdict
This wraps up our comparison guide on Kaspersky VS Avast highlighting various factors including features, pricing, performance, malware protection, and others. As far as features are considered, Kaspersky is a clear winner as it offers you a variety of security essentials with an affordable price tag. Rest, if you’re comparing Kaspersky and Avast based on malware protection then it’s a tie. Both of these security tools have outdone themselves in offering advanced protection to keep our devices and sensitive data safe.
Do let us know which one is your favorite! Feel free to hit the comments box.